What's new

Turkey wants to buy 40 new F-16 block70 and 80 F-16 modernization to the Viper standard

I said that without offending anyone. Turkey is not known as technology nation. In the world it’s only the G7 countries, then Japan, Korea, China and Russia. Actually it’s much more complicate to make a modern radar. The mission computer to the Moon just had 2kB RAM and 32kB ROM.
Loooool

I said that without offending anyone. Turkey is not known as technology nation. In the world it’s only the G7 countries, then Japan, Korea, China and Russia. Actually it’s much more complicate to make a modern radar. The mission computer to the Moon just had 2kB RAM and 32kB ROM.

Actually Russia and Korea have still not AESA radar, Russian are stuck with PESA and Koreans are making with the help of Israel companies help.

LoL..

Actually Russia and Korea have still not AESA radar, Russian are stuck with PESA and Koreans are making with the help of Israel companies help.

LoL..
I think Russia will make it eventually. Korea relies on US technology. Without US assistance korean jets can’t even lift off, same goes for Turkey jets.
Turkey would ground the entire F16 fleets without spare parts. It’s just stupid for people like Erdogan to seek confrontation with the US.

I think Russia will make it eventually. Korea relies on US technology. Without US assistance korean jets can’t even lift off, same goes for Turkey jets.
Turkey would ground the entire F16 fleets without spare parts. It’s just stupid for people like Erdogan to seek confrontation with the US.

You are a joke, you know nothing about. First you came with countries like Korea and Russia, and now you are coming with the story spare parts.

Just don't write about things you don't understand.

You are a joke, you know nothing about. First you came with countries like Korea and Russia, and now you are coming with the story spare parts.

Just don't write about things you don't understand.

Considering Turk level of sophistication and financial resources perhaps it shall not be possible for USA to force them to ground their F16s. Secondly perhaps after Israel, Turkey shall be second nation to use major domestic components in their F16 after 2022-23. The reports are there that they are already using some tech/ soft wares of their own in F16s.

Considering Turk level of sophistication and financial resources perhaps it shall not be possible for USA to force them to ground their F16s. Secondly perhaps after Israel, Turkey shall be second nation to use major domestic components in their F16 after 2022-23. The reports are there that they are already using some tech/ soft wares of their own in F16s.
The backbone of Turk airforce is F16s, Turk land army is Leopard tanks made by Germany. Without spare parts from the US, Germany the Turks can’t wage war in Syria that’s a fact.
Erdogan seeks more tanks from Germany however the Germans refused.
Germany even denied to modernize the exiting tanks in Turkey.
Turkey is great they can do everything by themselves,

The backbone of Turk airforce is F16s, Turk land army is Leopard tanks made by Germany. Without spare parts from the US, Germany the Turks can’t wage war in Syria that’s a fact.
Erdogan seeks more tanks from Germany however the Germans refused.
Germany even denied to modernize the exiting tanks in Turkey.
Turkey is great they can do everything by themselves,
The country like Turkey can get any sort of tech from any part of world having said that I totally agree with you that in short time Turkey may face challenges but in medium to long term may overcome all challenges. We have example of Iran as they still keeping vintage US jets air worthy and even producing clones. Turkey can perform much better than Iran. Even Pakistan JF17 project was need of hour when Pak faced sanctions from US for F16s. Now Pak has produced domestic APCs and IFVs based on M113 APC. Now Turkey cannot be held back untill and unless any political conspiracy succeeds there.

The country like Turkey can get any sort of tech from any part of world having said that I totally agree with you that in short time Turkey may face challenges but in medium to long term may overcome all challenges. We have example of Iran as they still keeping vintage US jets air worthy and even producing clones. Turkey can perform much better than Iran. Even Pakistan JF17 project was need of hour when Pak faced sanctions from US for F16s. Now Pak has produced domestic APCs and IFVs based on M113 APC. Now Turkey cannot be held back untill and unless any political conspiracy succeeds there.
There is saying in Germany: „auf langer Sicht sind wir alle tot!“. Ok Turkey can make it. They wanted 1,000 more leopards tanks but Germany said No. Erdogan wants to make the tanks by himself in Turkey the problem is he asks again Germany to deliver the engines and other parts. Germany says No.
Germany has no interest to support Turkey to wage wars.

Turkey is turning in to Germany of the middle east, it will take time to accept it. You can drink cold water if it is hard to believe :-) .

For those who thinks that Turkey can not make such things, to enlight the pain i will ad a video.

For those who thinks that Turkey can not make such things, to enlight the pain i will ad a video.

Already, Turkey wants to install its own aesa radar on the F-16s it will modernize at TAI facilities. Negotiations with the USA are progressing in that perspective. I mean, I admire your effort, but you're trying to talk to people who don't even have the slightest idea about the subject.

US Foreign Affairs sources: "The US Department of State welcomes Turkiye's request for the purchase of 40 Block70 F16 fighter jets and 80 Block70 modernization kits, on the grounds of preserving the current balance of power in the Aegean and equipping NATO allies against the increasing threat in the Black Sea."

Please don't forget Pakistan's engines too.

Btw, Thank you Putin!

Back
Top Bottom