What's new

Turkey to work on first ICBM

Unless your govt. officially accepts it, its range is 300 KM

J-600T Yıldırım III too will have 900 KM range whereas MRBM has at least 1000 KM range

Without nucluer warhead we don't need ballistic missile, 800km enough. Ballistic missile is threats by weak countries like Saddam kept saying it he fired many into Israel only like 1-2 hit, they are inaccurate as well most. We prefer accurate and quality cruise missile so we have SOM now with 300km which will be extended to 500km and then even more and also the naval version is being worked on.

Unless your govt. officially accepts it, its range is 300 KM

J-600T Yıldırım III too will have 900 KM range whereas MRBM has at least 1000 KM range

To make it more clear, It is needed to summarize the situation based on official statements and source for everybody who wonders about Turkey's Ballistic/Cruise capabilities. Some source think Turkey's ballistic missile capabilities will be utilized on SOM cruise missile technologies Turkey developed until now but It isn't correct !!!

The report did not elaborate on whether the SOM's planned 2,500-kilometer range would be increased even further or whether its increased range would be utilized to develop an ICBM separately, as missiles with ranges under 5,500 kilometers are not considered "intercontinental."

POLITICS - Turkey begins work on ICBM

Minister of Science, Industry and Technology, Nihat ERGUN stated out that

''We are now working on the SOM cruise missile with a 500 kilometer range. At present, we send our satellites elsewhere to be launched, but in ten years time we will have the capabilities to launch them ourselves. Five to six satellites are sent out from one missile. A single missile cannot be leased in order to release a single satellite therefore other countries join in by bringing their satellites as well and they are shot up to orbit from there. This drops rental costs. However the launching technology is a whole other form of technology that we are trying to acquire. In the next ten years, we will be able to make our own satellites as well as take orders from other nations, while also will have obtained the capabilities of being able to launch those satellites.

As you saw, Officials try to summarize the programs with their limited knowledge and the Poor Media mixes every single information to reveal them for public...

The planned 2500km (Not ICBM, but IRBM) range would be utilized to develop Yildirim series ballistic missiles, not SOM cruise missile. At present;

Technoligicly speaking, Turkey already has 1500km in the pocket. With Tubitak sages 3,1kn Turbofan engine we can boost the SOM , Engine has same kilonewton as Tomahawk.

Subject: Cruise Missile Programs of Turkey:

-SOM Cruise Missile family has a range around 300km (Air launchable) at present, (Land and Ship based-200+km) and It is certainly known that SOM having a range of 500km is in progress (KALE is developing more powerfull turbo-jet engine)

-New Cruise Missile family with turbo-fan engine (3,1kN) is under development stage. TomaHawk equivalent New Missile will have Land and Ship Based variants. The estimated range for new Cruise Missile program will be 1000+km.

An image of Air Launchable SOM cruise missile (300+km Variant)
som6.png

SOM6.jpg

Subject: Ballistic Missile Programs of Turkey:

-Ballistic missile story is relly complicated in Turkey and Noone knows the current capabilities of Turkish industry except some official glues. You know A China-Turkey cooperation program Yildirim SRBM was being produced by Roketsan in 1990's and joined into inventory in 1998 and Those missiles were revealed into public more than 7 years of its introduction into service.

-At 30 August Ceremony, Tayyip Erdogan and CHP deputy Keskin's conversation are deciphered by media and revealed into public. When Yildirim SRBM are crossing at victory day, Erdogan told Keskin that "Those(Most probably, He implied the latest Yildirim variant developed (Some sources call it Yildirim-III)) are 800km. It is agreed to increase the range of them 2500km."

-In parallel with those developments, It is realized While BMC manager introducing new 8x8 truck to MoND with the speeches like " Those vehicle is developed in accordance with Roketsan's wishes."

BMCanil_91_1.jpg

Pay attention to development completion years !!!

-1998: Yildirim-I (150km+)
-1998-?-2008:Yildirim-II (300km)
-2008:Yildirim-III (800-820km) (Some Greek source believe Yildirim-III was developed thanks to Chinese DF-11 know-how(???))
-It is going to be tested Yildirim-IV in 2013-14 but noone see anything: 1500km
-201?: Yildirim-V: 2500km

Let being seen those missiles aside, There isn't a high-resolution image of BMC 8x8 truck developed for Roketsan... Almost all Turkish media was invited to BMC ceremony but Noone can publish any single image of this truck...

Subject: Ballistic Missile Programs of Turkey:

-Ballistic missile story is relly complicated in Turkey and Noone knows the current capabilities of Turkish industry except some official glues. You know A China-Turkey cooperation program Yildirim SRBM was being produced by Roketsan in 1990's and joined into inventory in 1998 and Those missiles were revealed into public more than 7 years of its introduction into service.

-At 30 August Ceremony, Tayyip Erdogan and CHP deputy Keskin's conversation are deciphered by media and revealed into public. When Yildirim SRBM are crossing at victory day, Erdogan told Keskin that "Those(Most probably, He implied the latest Yildirim variant developed (Some sources call it Yildirim-III)) are 800km. It is agreed to increase the range of them 2500km."

-In parallel with those developments, It is realized While BMC manager introducing new 8x8 truck to MoND with the speeches like " Those vehicle is developed in accordance with Roketsan's wishes."

BMCanil_91_1.jpg

Pay attention to development completion years !!!

-1998: Yildirim-I (150km+)
-1998-?-2008:Yildirim-II (300km)
-2008:Yildirim-III (800-820km) (Some Greek source believe Yildirim-III was developed thanks to Chinese DF-11 know-how(???))
-It is going to be tested Yildirim-IV in 2013-14 but noone see anything: 1500km
-201?: Yildirim-V: 2500km

Let being seen those missiles aside, There isn't a high-resolution image of BMC 8x8 truck developed for Roketsan... Almost all Turkish media was invited to BMC ceremony but Noone can publish any single image of this truck...

According to Greek source: There is a secret technology transfer for Turkey coming from China...
greekarsepain.jpg

You know Greeks were the one who complained Turkey to NATO cause of deploying secret ballistic missiles (Yildirim-I) on islands in 2000's. After this complain, The secrecy of ballistic missiles were deciphered so Turkey must reveal them into public.

an Image of Roketsan Yildirim-I joined into inventory in 1998 but first time introduced into public in a fair in IDEF 2009...
img7068x.jpg

Ok. basic question. How exactly is a cruise missile going to become a ballistic missile? Did I miss something?

I think the russians are licensing their inventory to everyone , including turkey

That's fine. But cruise missiles and ballistic missiles are fundamentally different. Everything right from basic physics is different. You can start from a 300 km BM to a 3000 km BM. 5000 and above gets more complicated, not least being guidance. But someone tells, I have a 300 km CM and its now going to lead to a 5000 km BM needs his head checked or needs to get back to college.

That's fine. But cruise missiles and ballistic missiles are fundamentally different. Everything right from basic physics is different. You can start from a 300 km BM to a 3000 km BM. 5000 and above gets more complicated, not least being guidance. But someone tells, I have a 300 km CM and its now going to lead to a 5000 km BM needs his head checked or needs to get back to college.

Read what I typed above... Which part of my statements claims that Turkey will develop IRBM based on cruise missiles ?

I said cause the other day south korea launched their russian satellite carrier..

Back
Top Bottom