What's new

Turkey To Return 3 Aerostar UAVs to Israel

There is a reason why most countries not under sanctions depend mostly on Air Force rather than Missiles you know. Missiles never won a fight for anyone. They are just there for Moral effects at most.

Hitler sent 20,000 Missiles on London, Yet UK came out on top eventually. I hate people who over-estimate missiles capabilities. Either it is Nuclear tipped or any other non-conventional payload on them, or they are good for nothing in a war scenario.

You may be right but there is one single historic reference which differs...

If you check... how Iran Iraq war ended!

Hint: US patriots....

You should read a bit of history.
Read the battle of Dunkirk,with German's foolish decision to give brits time to rescue more than 250,000 of their forces.If Germans had made those troops surrender,Britain would fall within a month,with no working ground forces,or a desperate navy that was spread all over the world and an airforce who could not even come close to LuftWaffe.Then they wouldn't even need v2 missiles.It had a kill rate of 2 persons per hit,considering the crappy accuracy and warhead.Today,missiles,with their psychological impact and destruction power,may not win a war,but can certainly change its course.indeed,air force too is a vital part of a war.

Those troops were French....

Missiles are are junk is your gonna use it against an enermy with supeior radar/OVRT systems and good air force.

There is a reason why most countries not under sanctions depend mostly on Air Force rather than Missiles you know. Missiles never won a fight for anyone. They are just there for Moral effects at most.

Hitler sent 20,000 Missiles on London, Yet UK came out on top eventually. I hate people who over-estimate missiles capabilities. Either it is Nuclear tipped or any other non-conventional payload on them, or they are good for nothing in a war scenario.

i'm not sure if anyone here said missiles win wars but generally speaking their importance does exist ---they are needed to take out runways, reduce comm. infrastructure to rubble, and of course the psychological effect you mentioned

there's a reason why there's been so much ruckus over the missile shield which US was to place in Poland

Those troops were French....

On the first day, only 7,011 men were evacuated, but by the ninth day, a total of 338,226 soldiers (198,229 British and 139,997 French) had been rescued by the hastily assembled fleet of 850 boats.

In a speech to the House of Commons, Winston Churchill called the events in France "a colossal military disaster", saying that "the whole root and core and brain of the British Army" had been stranded at Dunkirk and seemed about to perish or be captured. In his We shall fight on the beaches speech on 4 June, he hailed their rescue as a "miracle of deliverance".
I did a little mistake in numbers,it's actually 200,000.

You should read a bit of history.
Read the battle of Dunkirk,with German's foolish decision to give brits time to rescue more than 250,000 of their forces.If Germans had made those troops surrender,Britain would fall within a month,with no working ground forces,or a desperate navy that was spread all over the world and an airforce who could not even come close to LuftWaffe.Then they wouldn't even need v2 missiles.It had a kill rate of 2 persons per hit,considering the crappy accuracy and warhead.Today,missiles,with their psychological impact and destruction power,may not win a war,but can certainly change its course.indeed,air force too is a vital part of a war.

You think i don't know that? Heinz Guderian got all british forces cornered but it was that stupid luftwaffe commander convinced Hitler to carry out the attack by the air, doesn't change the fact that later in the war germans got owned at seas U boats sank one by one and everybody knows how germans lacked a surface force.

Without a landing operation there was no way German soldiers could put a single step on British soil.

No one is overestimating missile power,they have some good aspects,but certainly they can't win a war unless you use them in mass.
Germany did not fire 20,000 missiles on England,it's a lie.Overall,they used nearly 3000 v1 and v2 rockets on London.V1,alone,had 40% failure in inflicting damages.and if it wasn't for other allies,Hitler could destroy whole UK with his army and missiles.They just got the bomb a bit late,at november 1944.

Anyway,Mosa,when other countries are not selling you anything including aircraft,even civilian ones,let alone fighter aircraft,you have to rely on other capabilities.It's not very hard to give oil money to U.S and Europe and buy jets.We could buy hundreds too,if only they wanted to sell us.

I would rather fight with a borrowed gun than a home made knife. That is until I learn how to make a Gun myself. Flaunting a homemade knife in a gun fight is a.... an Epitaph of stupidity?? Maybe a bit more.

I would rather fight with a borrowed gun than a home made knife. That is until I learn how to make a Gun myself. Flaunting a homemade knife in a gun fight is a.... an Epitaph of stupidity?? Maybe a bit more.

You don't get the point Mosa,how the hell are we supposed to borrow the 'gun'?Not that we don't like to borrow,but we can't.So we have to fight with knife.

You don't get the point Mosa,how the hell are we supposed to borrow the 'gun'?Not that we don't like to borrow,but we can't.So we have to fight with knife.

Just out of curiosity mate, China and Russia..They both put sanctions on Iran? If not why dont you try these options? I dont know much about this issue

Just out of curiosity mate, China and Russia..They both put sanctions on Iran? If not why dont you try these options? I dont know much about this issue

you must have forgotten that it was the same Russia who cancelled S-300 delivery,a fully defensive system,because of sanctions,so how do you expect them to sell us jet fighters?They are not even giving spare parts for Mig-29 and Kilo submarines they already sold us.
U.S will never let them,it's powerful enough to prevent them.Also,Russia and China are after their own interests,not Iran's.They won't risk their relations with U.S over Iran.

^ but they will nuke Turkey over Armenia ;)

Jokes aside, I still think Iran belongs with China & Pakistan

i'm not sure if anyone here said missiles win wars but generally speaking their importance does exist ---they are needed to take out runways, reduce comm. infrastructure to rubble, and of course the psychological effect you mentioned

We are talking about Ballistic missiles here, Iran doesn't have sophisticated cruise missiles.

Back
Top Bottom