What's new

Turkey to design, produce its own fighter jet!

Good Luck Turkey

I hope Turkey does not compromise on quality in order to make her dream come true within the deadline.

Go for the new generation aircrafts keeping next 40 years in mind

:turkey::pakistan:

With all that the TAI is capable of doing, designing a fighter jet makes a lot of sense. I don't think this will be a "zero to hero" kind of deal. Most likely you will modify an existing design to your specifications in-house. Kind of like the F-2 or the Lavi project.

By the way, I have been thinking of applying to TAI for an engineering position. Does anybody know if they accept non-citizens?

Ive got the same idea.. sent em a mail regarding that...expecting a reply now.

feeling proud to hear this great news .Turkey is one of the great muslim country
which is making proud the islamic world and have the capability to lead the muslim country in every sector . may allah help our turkish brother in their afford to build a modern fighter .amen.

This plane will be Turkey's stepping stone to other more advanced fighter jets!

Turkey should journey to this unknown.

:mod::blah:Turkey to become a space power by 2020, says official

20585.jpg

General Hasan Aksay said Turkey would be an independent space power by the 2020’s, following the ambitions of the Turkish Armed Forces, according a report by daily Akşam.

In the future, by sending satellites called “Göktürk,” Turkey would be able to solve the problems it faces as far as information and data are concerned, Aksay said. “Before 2050, the Turkish Air Force would retain its success as the most powerful in the region.” Aksay said, adding that there would be some significant changes in the structure of the Air Force.

“The F-35, stand off jammers, unmanned aerial vehicles, long-range air defense systems and airborne early warning and control systems will all be integrated to our current system,” he said, adding that Electro-optical systems supported by radar-display satellites would allow the Turkish Air Force to collect satellite images day or night, regardless of weather conditions.

Stressing that current technological developments and the threat range experienced in Turkey is greater than ever before, Aksay said the Air Force is the best power to both
intimidate and fight Turkey’s enemies.

Turkey to become a space power by 2020, says official - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Hahahahahaha:lol::rofl:The Turkish army is guilty of blatant propaganda, as Arab countries do. One thing I noticed ... with this kind of propaganda you'll only leave if the nation lacks a certain degree of development, OR the military is in touch with the reality on the people completely lost. Deep sad:rofl::hang2:

I think people are getting ahead here. We will not be making this by ourselves and we will also be outsourcing parts including engines. If we try doing it alone we will end up with what India did with the LCA. Which would be pointless for us as it would only replace 3rd gen aircraft which we already ordered the F-35 for.

If we are to produce a aircraft it has to be ahead of our F-16s or all we would end up doing is spending billions upon billions to produce a aircraft to add to our F-35 and F-16 fleet(we could easily just order more F-35s and F-16s to do this for waay cheaper). The hard part will be finding someone that will give us a 50/50 partnership in this affair. It can't be Pakistan as some suggested because they operate the JF-17 for this purpose. Which does not fit the air force's requirements at all. Also a 50/50 partner means the other side will be taking half the risk and that also includes half the investment.

Just to give some people an idea of what kind of cost we are talking about the KF-X program which is intended to produce something better then the F-16 (Block 50/52) is estimated to cost South Korea 41 billion dollars just for research alone. (this does not take into account actually building the fighter) also they are now looking to scale it down to save costs in capability and take into account the KAI is ahead of TAI in aircraft production know how. Now think about this it is costing us 13-15 billion to acquire 100 F-35 5th gen aircraft. So turkey going at this alone is simply not possible. KF-X was a likely choice but it seems turkish officials don't like the idea of not having a equal partnership.

Last edited:
Nonetheless, it is an important effort that will eventually lead to a priceless amount of know how and capability.
I think the KF-X is a good option, partnerships can be worked out, and it does look like a good 5th generation possibility.

Nonetheless, it is an important effort that will eventually lead to a priceless amount of know how and capability.
I think the KF-X is a good option, partnerships can be worked out, and it does look like a good 5th generation possibility.

I agree but going at it alone could end badly. KF-X hopefully is the option we choose.

:mod::blah:Turkey to become a space power by 2020, says official

20585.jpg

General Hasan Aksay said Turkey would be an independent space power by the 2020’s, following the ambitions of the Turkish Armed Forces, according a report by daily Akşam.

In the future, by sending satellites called “Göktürk,” Turkey would be able to solve the problems it faces as far as information and data are concerned, Aksay said. “Before 2050, the Turkish Air Force would retain its success as the most powerful in the region.” Aksay said, adding that there would be some significant changes in the structure of the Air Force.

“The F-35, stand off jammers, unmanned aerial vehicles, long-range air defense systems and airborne early warning and control systems will all be integrated to our current system,” he said, adding that Electro-optical systems supported by radar-display satellites would allow the Turkish Air Force to collect satellite images day or night, regardless of weather conditions.

Stressing that current technological developments and the threat range experienced in Turkey is greater than ever before, Aksay said the Air Force is the best power to both
intimidate and fight Turkey’s enemies.

Turkey to become a space power by 2020, says official - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Hahahahahaha:lol::rofl:The Turkish army is guilty of blatant propaganda, as Arab countries do. One thing I noticed ... with this kind of propaganda you'll only leave if the nation lacks a certain degree of development, OR the military is in touch with the reality on the people completely lost. Deep sad:rofl::hang2:

Gokturk is already a reality and I guess you dont know about the signed co-production deal with Japan for producing satellite based defense systems for both Japan and Turkey in the 21st century?

Maybe in the future you should understand that the 17th largest economy in the world actually has the capability to plan and produce such systems in the long term and that this proud nation of Turkey that you are laughing about has recently joined the exclusive club of countries that produce indigenous stealth technologies of their own.

feeling proud to hear this great news .Turkey is one of the great muslim country
which is making proud the islamic world and have the capability to lead the muslim country in every sector . may allah help our turkish brother in their afford to build a modern fighter .amen.

Look like you don know anything bout Turkey... Stop involving Islam everywhere.... turkey is a secular type country rather than theological....

@topic: Its a good decision to work on a fighter aircraft... Turkey has got some earlier experience, so it will be comparatively easy for them... But still aircraft design is tough job, so I think it will take at least 12-15 years to come up with a matured design...

I assume that Turkey would like to design something like EFT or better than it...

is there any prototype models or sketch pictures?

I suspect not since such projects are long term even the industrial power that is the USA took many years to outpace the Soviets in the space race with the crux being the landing of humankind on the moon as opposed to the Soviets sending chimps into space in tiny space capsules (one way ticket, poor monkey).

We have achieved the sat development phase (Turkish scientists have the knowledge, a project that is itself a long term one), we need next to send people into space & then maybe find a cost effective way of ground based space vehicle launch. The technological assistance provided by Japan and the mutual assistance that they will give each other in this long term project will reduce the costs and speed up the project.

Expect real images in maybe 5 to 10 years from now I suspect.

TAI is charced to constitute the main characteristics of fighter with optimum general designs within 2 years. Budget of this period is 20 million $. During this time, TAI will decide wheather TF-X would be single/twin engine, manned/unmanned, stealth design...etc When the preparetion was finished, The Project would officially be started with a glory signiture ceremony...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom