What's new

Turkey to design, produce its own fighter jet!

Well they have been designing and competing in world orders and they are far more advanced than India.

They even have upgrade options for foreign fighters, which is something we cant even imagine.

The turkish firm Aselsan is a giant.

And why u brought a compariosn into this thread if u already knew the answer?

I think right now Turkey is more advanced but like any other big nation which huge population india is a futuristic super power like china its just a mather of time when india wil surpass us.
Currently india hava and advanced over turkey and that is that your a Space cabable nation. Turkey will be space cabable nation in 2020 they are getting trained by the russians.

Very good move by turkey. Turkey can get expertises from india/israel. Good luck.

I think right now Turkey is more advanced but like any other big nation which huge population india is a futuristic super power like china its just a mather of time when india wil surpass us.
Currently india hava and advanced over turkey and that is that your a Space cabable nation. Turkey will be space cabable nation in 2020 they are getting trained by the russians.

Our capabilities are more in missile technologies, while Turkey have good experiences in Radars, Fighter maintenance, ground vehicles including ALTAY tanks,tc. Even naval technologies Turkey seems to have more expertise.

But there will be a change and we are learning fast.

Our capabilities are more in missile technologies, while Turkey have good experiences in Radars, Fighter maintenance, ground vehicles including ALTAY tanks,tc. Even naval technologies Turkey seems to have more expertise.

But there will be a change and we are learning fast.

Hahaha Thanx but your forgetting that india is capable of making its very own Aircraft carrier while turkey is not able to make one over the next 20 years.
Like a sad. India is an futuristic nation i am sure it will surpass us over the next 20 or 30 years.

Hahaha Thanx but your forgetting that india is capable of making its very own Aircraft carrier while turkey is not able to make one over the next 20 years.
Like a sad. India is an futuristic nation i am sure it will surpass us over the next 20 or 30 years.

Germany doesnt have 1 .. does it make any lesser??.

As we agreed there are areas where each excel.

Germany doesnt have 1 .. does it make any lesser??.

As we agreed there are areas where each excel.

Germany dont have one cause they dont need one. Germany is mosly surrounded by Land then water. The destroyers are more then enough to protect the water side. And army makes weapons to there requirments not because they CAN build them. Turkey needs an aircraft carrier but they cant make one. They are buying a LPD and a LHD insted

If political conditions allow Turkey should take the lead in producing this in collaboration with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia. Even Iran could join in if there is no political hindrance. Muslims being a warrior people will produce good weapons/eqpt including a fighter aircraft.

Germany dont have one cause they dont need one. Germany is mosly surrounded by Land then water. The destroyers are more then enough to protect the water side. And army makes weapons to there requirments not because they CAN build them. Turkey needs an aircraft carrier but they cant make one. They are buying a LPD and a LHD insted

Turkey never intended to build one. If yes the prelim studies would have been made earlier.

Whether they have the capability to build is debatable.

Our project is based on know how from operating one for a long time and heavy assistance from Russians.

India is leaps and bounds ahead of Turkey in Space Applications, Turkey and India should Co-Operate more, last year when Turkish Students went to India with Micro-Sat they built they were able to participate and watch the Indian Payload technicians place it in Payload area of Satellite Launch Vehicle..

India is leaps and bounds ahead of Turkey in Space Applications, Turkey and India should Co-Operate more, last year when Turkish Students went to India with Micro-Sat they built they were able to participate and watch the Indian Payload technicians place it in Payload area of Satellite Launch Vehicle..

There is indeed a strong possibility of space collaboration. We have many agreements with a lot of countries. Unlike most countries in the Middle East, Turkey is an extremely progressive country with strong scientific base, strong industrialized society and very good educational foundation. Space collaboration is an excellent field in which I would encourage an India-Turkey cooperation. Space launches take time but I don't think your scientists would need a lot of time to figure it out. However, you will have to create a special dedicated agency like Turkish Space Agency or something that has a regular dedicated national funding to research space technology.

Regarding designing a fighter jet, there are two ways to do it:

- working hard: take out the drawing charts, start with the pencil sketches and all that.

- working smart: Take 2-3 existing designs and mix them. Example China.

With TAF already into the F-35 project, I think Turkey should pursue something similar to the Rafale-- semi-stealth so that the cost of maintaining JSF and this new jet is not impossible. The most difficult part would be getting the AESA radars miniaturized and getting self-developed engines. Even though Kaveri engine of ours is working fine, we're finding it difficult to increase its thrust to 100 KN even now. Even Chinese are finding it difficult to master the engine technology.

Guess this is the only place which will take some time for your engineers to figure out, if you're going for a self-developed engine. Every country (barring WW2 Germany) has had its struggles in designing a powerful jet engine.

Yes! Turkey shold learn from China and Germany if they realli wanna leve India behind in everything.....:what:

Yes! Turkey shold learn from China and Germany if they realli wanna leve India behind in everything.....:what:

Actually, Turkey do not have a future target to surpass the some nations at every areas. All countries have their own agendas and develop their systems in accordance with own strategies. In the lights of those roadways, I can simpy say that Different than India, Turkey would not attempt to develop long range ballistic missiles but cruise missiles instead, or We would never go to develop a huge aircraft carriers but up to 20000dwt LHD's instead. That's the different development strategies of different countries to counter their threats designated in accordance with geographical and political conditions...

We are already getting trained by the russians in biological, nuclear and space areas so why would we need China or germany?
I think there was a thread about it a while ago

Good luck Turkey wish you all the best brothers :)

We are already getting trained by the russians in biological, nuclear and space areas
What? Russians only give training to workers for the future Russian built nuclear power plant. We already have nuclear research facilities and very progressive academicians are working in there. Also I never heard Russians helping us in our space programs or giving assistance in "biological" research. Care to give some sources? I'm intrigued by what you just wrote..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom