What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Now if those are some strong words "terrorist accomplances".

If Putin really wants to make the Turks stain their pants he will enact a no-fly zone over Kurdish territory- this is the thing the Turkigh government fears above all else (a functioning Kurdish state).

I doubt Russia will engage turkey militarily..

Russia was warned multiple times not to cross into Turkish airspace,the rules of engagement had changed,Russia knew this and this incident was a consequence of that so,nothing but blah blah will happen.
Putin can threaten all he wants.

Sorry but regardless of your military strength, your Govt. is full of pussies. Your President was so scared a couple of months back of ISIS that he had to call a emergency meeting in Brussels for NATO support. Your nation is essentially scared of rag tag group of terrorists. Nuff said, don't expect mercy from KGB, Turkey is about be roasted for thanks giving. From Russia with Love.
Dude, calling Nato is called politics... They dont control a convenience store, they basically control a country and would use its abilities to show internal kurdish population that Turkey is not next to ISIS and basically all around world news. We learned it from westerners, we play with the rules of game...
We got the balls to down Russian plane, now lets see if they have those to attack back. Probably, everybody knows here the answer... ;)

Mr Putin described the incident as a "stab in the back" committed by "accomplices of terrorists".

Im sure China would provide funds support to Russia, but only when fire into Russian lands China will send military force with Russia together. Don't forget we have SCO.
I think india still pro Russian

Russians, IF are smart would use Diplomatic means to press Turkey into the corner, the World unlike Amatuer warrior on this forum has a bigger threat to look at & take care of, and that is ISIS----

Turkey did effed up at the highest level but nothing sort of that cannot be dealt with Diplomatic bloackades ----
No doubt, this isn't going to become a nuclear conflict or anything of the kind as some seem to be all too gleefully supporting but I don't think Putin is going to leave this back-channel diplomacy now. He will extract his pound of flesh one way or another and most likely it will be in a most unconventional manner and perfectly calculated.

I doubt Russia will engage turkey militarily..
The options available to Putin are vast

China has been economically, and to a slight extent supportive to Russia , when they came here.

And a conflict with Turkey will need economic support from China.
yes, we support Russia in this event. Our attitude is very clear. We will provide financial support to Russia if they need to annihilate ISIL. Kill those rats.

A wave of land attack cruise missiles could be on their way to Turkey any time soon。

Be prepared to defend yourself,for the US will only sit back and talk its support for Turkey。
You think only Russia got those missiles? Turkey has its own SOM cruise missiles, and can turn Russian airport in Syria to the hell!!
You got good imagination kid. i wonder what you smoke there...

A grave mistake by Turkey. Their fighter should have tried to get radar lock to warn Russian fighter. Russian ambassador should have been called to lodge protest.
Turkey is trying to settle score here with Russia or it is US sending a message.
As per reports, one pilot is dead. That complicate the situation. Putin can not be seen as coward. Russia will reply.
Indeed, this is how htese things normally go, what exactly was the TuAF thinking? Is this the result of the other self-styled "hard man" leader Erdoğan changing standing orders?

I think Turkey made a mistake .. i remm when any unwanted aircraft entered your air space, the first thing comes to mind of army/airforce is to give enough warnings if the country is not in the war situation ...

Apart from that , if the decision is made to take it down then always its consider that it fell in your side and within your reach for next diplomatic games .. turkey clearly missed that and the ball is in russia hands now ... it gives them the open field to play diplomatically and based on situation which suits them...

Like I said- the TuAF f*cked up, shooting down the plane was just beyond stupid. And this is literally the last thing the US or the rest of NATO want, they are in no way orchastrating such an event.

They just gonna say Russian plane crossed their border how Putin gonna use this situation ? Turkey will be seen as a country which has balls to shoot down a Russian plane , and no one buys ISIS supporting crap.

And for some war mongering kids there will be no war Why? cause Russia lacks cap to attack and do any significant damage to a country like Turkey that too is not linked directly to the main land Russia. And we're not even taking US into the equation . They should have stayed away from borders.

R.I.P to the dead pilot.

Last edited:
Dude, calling Nato is called politics... They dont control a convenience store, they basically control a country and would use its abilities to show internal kurdish population that Turkey is not next to ISIS and basically all around world news. We learned it from westerners, we play with the rules of game...
We got the balls to down Russian plane, now lets see if they have those to attack back. Probably, everybody knows here the answer... ;)

More like Erdogan hid behind NATO and bit more than he could chew, Putting NATO itself in a difficult position.. Turkey is a regional power and a subordinate of NATO and it has nothing to take on Russia on it's own

Turkey doesnt do anything on kurdish region over syria, except than bombing isis :)
No fly zone isnt something putin capable alone
Any idea on how high this was escalated my friend? Would th order to shoot down have come from a local tactical commander or would it require top-level real time clearance from generals or even the President? Shooting down an aircraft is usually not a simple procedure and I'd be surprised if this was the decsion of the F-16 pilot.

Back
Top Bottom