What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

RT are reporting the RuAF plane didn't enter Turkish airspace at all but I doubt that. However the reality appears to be the plane entered Turkish airspace for a mere 17 seconds so I have no idea how this fits with the offcial Turkish line that they gave 10 warnings (that the US seems to back up somehow. I guess the TuAF could have been giving warnings to the Russians whilst they were still inside Syrian airspace but that then becomes meaningless.

I simply can't understand the motivations of the Turks in all this, even IF the Russians entered your airspace, so what? It has happened before and was bound to happen with them operating so close to the border. In the past it has been a diplomatic incident and officals have been called by both sides, why esclate this to a full scale international incident? This is sheer lunacy and the autocrat Ergodan needs to be reigned in- he is starting to beleive too much of his own hype.

No side is clean in any of this but Turkey has been playing a dangerous game by buying ISIS's cheap oil (effectively propping them up) and has left itself dangerously isolated within NATO, a few years ago Turkey was a beacon for success and stability in the region but now it has allowed itself to descend into the filth and is in a downward spiral. Frankly, as a citizen of a NATO member I would like Turkey's membership to be reviewed entirely, they are acting way beyond reason and are likely counting on the backing of NATO to act as a detterent to Russia- without NATO Turkey would never have had the gusto to carry this out. I don't want the risk of WW3 to exsist simply because Turkey is acting recklessly counting on article 5 to save the day.

I doubt there will be an overt military response by Russia to this incident but Putin will make Turkey pay and it won't be pretty.

Simply Qatar.
The pipeline through Iran ? Iraq(ISIS) ? Syria(ISIS) ? Russian still in Syria, who can building the hundreds km pipeline project in the War-Zone ? Maybe need ISIS to support it ... :coffee:

Turkey gave warnings to the plane saying to immediately divert its course southbound. This is before entering Turkish territory. Hence they were able to give 10 warnings.

Exact statement by Turkish Airforce:

The unknown air traffic position to humaynim 020 Radial 26 Miles.. This is Turkish Air Force speaking on guard you are aproaching Turkish Air Space change your heading south immediately)"

Türkiye Rus uçağını böyle uyardı! - Milliyet

Another issue resolved :coffee:

No side is clean in any of this but Turkey has been playing a dangerous game by buying ISIS's cheap oil (effectively propping them up) and has left itself dangerously isolated within NATO, a few years ago Turkey was a beacon for success and stability in the region but now it has allowed itself to descend into the filth and is in a downward spiral.
Over all a good post.
The quoted part: Yes, exactly what I meant above: Turkey shooting down a Russian plan on such a narrow margin of error--I mean look at that territory!!-- is a telltale sign that Turkey is either explicitly 'encouraged' by Uncle Sam or has self encouraged to this destructive path.
Why could they have not allowed the face-saving Russian claim that it was the ground fire by the terrorists? Why rush to 'claim' an incident like this? As someone above said, despite the 70-year old Cold War, shooting down a Russian plane AND owning it was not very frequent. So why 'own' something like this?!!

Turkey got one of the best 3D radar there... Of course, by knowing the type of Jet, you can know that only Russians got it... It is called politics dude.. grow up fast please..

I only shared a link. None of that was written by me. So i do not understand what's a point of your comment?

@T-123456

Bunlar mal - mental insane

Chronology of events from German newspaper :

Kampf-Jet-Abschuss an syrisch-türkischer Grenze: Putin attackiert Türkei -
Politik Ausland -
Bild.de

März 2014: Ein syrischer Kampfjet wird von der türkischen Luftwaffe in der nordwesttürkischen Provinz Kocaeli abgeschossen. Damaskus protestiert gegen die „türkische Aggression”

Since the plane fell in Syrian territory 4 km from the Turkish border, it is highly unlikely the plane went into Turkish air space in the first place.

Falling from 1800 feet , imagine the curve; they also tried to escape from the AMRAAM.
Absolute normal.

Qllk7k1.png

Do I care ? Not even in the slightest .
Well done Turkey as we say in Pakistan great shot yaar.
I hope more of these commie baby killers are shot down .
Russia's just an antiquated old rust bucket and that commie bare chested short bald midget took one heck of a slap from the Turks today lol .

@T-123456

Bunlar mal - mental insane

Chronology of events from German newspaper :

Kampf-Jet-Abschuss an syrisch-türkischer Grenze: Putin attackiert Türkei -
Politik Ausland -
Bild.de

März 2014: Ein syrischer Kampfjet wird von der türkischen Luftwaffe in der nordwesttürkischen Provinz Kocaeli abgeschossen. Damaskus protestiert gegen die „türkische Aggression”

Falling from 1800 feet , imagine the curve; they also tried to escape from the AMRAAM.
Absolute normal.
Dont worry about it,its something we can only laugh about.

now Russia is embarrassed that it can do nothing as a reaction, Turkey has NATO and all the surrounding countries too except some retardate countries. I can see that Drunk Dumb Russians are still hangover and can't think of any strong reaction after they got humiliated.

Dear Friends,

Of course I woudn't like to have my first message about the russian jets which can't fly or breaching Turkish air space. But if you decide to do something in middle east without consent of Turkey, you have to venture not to fly or get down with your jets.

RT are reporting the RuAF plane didn't enter Turkish airspace at all but I doubt that. However the reality appears to be the plane entered Turkish airspace for a mere 17 seconds so I have no idea how this fits with the offcial Turkish line that they gave 10 warnings (that the US seems to back up somehow. I guess the TuAF could have been giving warnings to the Russians whilst they were still inside Syrian airspace but that then becomes meaningless.

I simply can't understand the motivations of the Turks in all this, even IF the Russians entered your airspace, so what? It has happened before and was bound to happen with them operating so close to the border. In the past it has been a diplomatic incident and officals have been called by both sides, why esclate this to a full scale international incident? This is sheer lunacy and the autocrat Ergodan needs to be reigned in- he is starting to beleive too much of his own hype.

No side is clean in any of this but Turkey has been playing a dangerous game by buying ISIS's cheap oil (effectively propping them up) and has left itself dangerously isolated within NATO, a few years ago Turkey was a beacon for success and stability in the region but now it has allowed itself to descend into the filth and is in a downward spiral. Frankly, as a citizen of a NATO member I would like Turkey's membership to be reviewed entirely, they are acting way beyond reason and are likely counting on the backing of NATO to act as a detterent to Russia- without NATO Turkey would never have had the gusto to carry this out. I don't want the risk of WW3 to exsist simply because Turkey is acting recklessly counting on article 5 to save the day.

I doubt there will be an overt military response by Russia to this incident but Putin will make Turkey pay and it won't be pretty.
They give warnings on approach, if they did not pay heed to them by the time they entered their airspace then it shows that they were pushing it a bit.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom