What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Over all a good post.
The quoted part: Yes, exactly what I meant above: Turkey shooting down a Russian plan on such a narrow margin of error--I mean look at that territory!!-- is a telltale sign that Turkey is either explicitly 'encouraged' by Uncle Sam or has self encouraged to this destructive path.
Why could they have not allowed the face-saving Russian claim that it was the ground fire by the terrorists? Why rush to 'claim' an incident like this? As someone above said, despite the 70-year old Cold War, shooting down a Russian plane AND owning it was not very frequent. So why 'own' something like this?!!

Because of balls, that's why.

RT are reporting the RuAF plane didn't enter Turkish airspace at all but I doubt that. However the reality appears to be the plane entered Turkish airspace for a mere 17 seconds so I have no idea how this fits with the offcial Turkish line that they gave 10 warnings (that the US seems to back up somehow. I guess the TuAF could have been giving warnings to the Russians whilst they were still inside Syrian airspace but that then becomes meaningless.

I simply can't understand the motivations of the Turks in all this, even IF the Russians entered your airspace, so what? It has happened before and was bound to happen with them operating so close to the border. In the past it has been a diplomatic incident and officals have been called by both sides, why esclate this to a full scale international incident? This is sheer lunacy and the autocrat Ergodan needs to be reigned in- he is starting to beleive too much of his own hype.

No side is clean in any of this but Turkey has been playing a dangerous game by buying ISIS's cheap oil (effectively propping them up) and has left itself dangerously isolated within NATO, a few years ago Turkey was a beacon for success and stability in the region but now it has allowed itself to descend into the filth and is in a downward spiral. Frankly, as a citizen of a NATO member I would like Turkey's membership to be reviewed entirely, they are acting way beyond reason and are likely counting on the backing of NATO to act as a detterent to Russia- without NATO Turkey would never have had the gusto to carry this out. I don't want the risk of WW3 to exsist simply because Turkey is acting recklessly counting on article 5 to save the day.

I doubt there will be an overt military response by Russia to this incident but Putin will make Turkey pay and it won't be pretty.
tuaf started warning them 30 miles away something.

You need reasons ? That's reaon, we warned Russia !

Who are the Turkmen in Syria? - BBC News

The Turkmen are ethnic Turks who have lived in the region of Syria, Iraq and Iran since the 11th Century.
They are mainly concentrated in the north, in the Turkmen Mountain area in Latakia close to the Turkish border, as well as in Aleppo, Idlib, Homs, Tartus and the Damascus region.
There are no reliable population figures, but they are estimated to number between 1.5 and 3.5 million.
Under the Assad regimes in Syria, the Turkmen were banned from publishing or writing in Turkish. The government did not recognise them or other ethnic groups as minorities, preferring to stress the unity of the Arab nation.

and TÜRKMEN fight against ISIL

Pro-Kurdish Brigade
A further unit - the Sultan Selim Brigade - is a pro-Kurdish group reportedly composed mainly of Turkmen from near Kobane.
Its fighters have long sided with the Kurdish-led People's Protection Units (YPG) and joined the US-backed Kurdish-led opposition coalition called the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) on 10 October.
The pro-Kurdish Turkmen fighters also took part in earlier YPG-led offensives against IS.

Assad gang of Russian aircraft and killed on November 23, this little girl and her family also bombed Turkish civilians in Bayir .

12301524_913407785414988_551781161192762080_n.jpg

Is there any Russian in here? I want to ask something.

Because of balls, that's why.

I am honestly starting to think that Pakistani leadership has been far more effective in making Pakistan work since 1947 then Turkish leadership! I mean Pakistan was a country where, literally, thorns from trees were used as paperclip in 1947 and still managed to preserve itself against some mighty external threats and great games.

But Turkey! You have been an American bulwark against communism and now against 'Putinism', not to mention you hold some kind of major strategic card because of the recent refugee crisis--and yet you guys are going down and WILL CONTINUE to go down.

Use brains, not balls. Kardesh!

I doubt there will be an overt military response by Russia to this incident but Putin will make Turkey pay and it won't be pretty.

It is clear with the S-300 movements appearing in the news that Putin had planned something like this to happen.

This gives about a weeks time for Russian forces to easily redeploy with minimal worldwide objections since Russia now has a clear aegis of "we need air defense in the border area for our combat planes" to use.

Its a drop in a bucket (the Su-24 on the sacrificial altar) for a much larger vat of strategic buffer for the Russians to bring under their overall objectives.

Turkey will soon be unable to penetrate or even approach Syrian airspace.

They can escalate by deploying wild weasels, but seeing how this latest effort of theirs has failed to arouse NATOs sympathies on any major level (and if it was some attempt to invoke article V of the charter as some are speculating, it has spectacularly backfired I would say).....I doubt the Turks would do that.

Basically in the name of "honour", they have closed off many options available to them. But then again some Turkish member said honour matters above all else, so there you have it.

Russians on the other hand are long term veterans in these sort of tactics....and they have the resources (long and short term) to do so. Just sit back and watch as the Russians now shore up their presence in the Syrian border areas and probably launch a massive combined offensive up to the Turkish border (to wipe out all Turkish backed proxies)....under the protection afforded to them by S-300 and ship based anti-air.....while Turkey watches on helplessly.

Russians are too smart to retaliate against Turkey itself. They will however put whatever sanctions they can on Turkey and take firm action against pro-Turkey groups in Syria....and probably back the Kurds (Both PKK and Peshmerga) heavily.

Lets wait and see.

Human Rights Watch :

KENNETH ROTH : Russia massacred from September 2015 until now 403 civilian, between them 97 child's !

well turk brothers ,in the 80's soviet afghan war pakistan did shoot down russian soviet jets intruding into pakistan i beleive 8 of them so no worries there no nuclear attack on us not by their prodigies on our eastern border(india) either ,the only thing russians did do i suppose was help support the Baluch liberation army with kgb and indian raw which in the long run we did suppress but did cost us our prosperity in the long term as well ,so the max the russians might do is supply kurds to show down turkey ,and turkey unwillingly might have provided kurds a valuable ally unlike americans willing to regain kurd territory in turkey given that kurds are way more stronger then baluchistans rebels a autonomus state with virtually its own army that is dangerous for turkey ,
PAKISTANI brothers lets not forget on 16th of december on APS school incident turkey's flags were flying half mast ,no arab flag on offical bldgs made such a huge gesture so no matter what our turk brothers did we might think it was right or wrong we will stand by them in case of war always

now Russia is embarrassed that it can do nothing as a reaction, Turkey has NATO and all the surrounding countries too except some retardate countries. I can see that Drunk Dumb Russians are still hangover and can't think of any strong reaction after they got humiliated.
Russia will come back hard , Its been more then 60 years of world war planing , which every Russian kid grownup learning ?
If some one thinks that NATO can stop Russia then they should look at Georgia , Ukraine good examples there ?lolz
Its scripted move from Turkey , which is just sent by NATO & USA to fight their war against a new , modern , well experienced Russian army ?
Turkey has no match of Russia in conventional or nuclear weaponry , statistics are just there to think about ?
But now , USIS well get fresh air , & support which they thought , was gone from them ?
With sending turkey at war with Russia , its can be said safely , half of the turkey would be destroyed & the remaining will be under USIS ,s nationalist chapter soon ?
NATO will wait , till Russia get tired destroying turkey , then when it will be done , they will negociate with Russia , to settle down with NWO ?
In the mean time , another muslim country will be destroyed by the US & EU NATO allies , for the implementation of their NWO , state of Israel will expand & will share the region with USIS & KSA in future ?

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom