What's new

Turkey shoots down "Russian Jet" near border

Actually this is far too simplistic. In most modern airforces (given Turkey is a member of NATO this should apply to them also) the escalation formula is quite clear cut. There are a number of steps you take before engaging an intruding aircraft which includes voice/radio challenges but also visual warnings i.e pulling alongside, rotating your wings and firing chaff and flares in their path. Shooting dowsn is litterally the last option and I would be amazed if the TuAF had followed the above steps prior to shooting down the Russian plane. It seems they engaged some distance away.

As of now we don't know exactly what steps the Turkish pilots took, but they have stated they issued repeated warnings. Why two Russian pilots repeatedly ignore those warnings and not reply is another issue. Though of course its best to wait until all information is made clear.

By justification I meant...it will effectively neutralizes the western media propaganda about Russian involvement in syria...Russia will use this incident in potraying that US and EU are trying to stop the good work done against the ISIS!!
By distancing itself I meant diplomatically!!

Russia never targeted ISIL, they targeted FSA and Türkmen Forces. Russia and Syria have signed an Agreement with ISIL.

The Latest: Protesters outside Russian consulate in Turkey | Boston Herald

The protesters gathered on Tuesday, shortly after Turkey shot down a Russian plane that it said violated Turkish airspace and ignored repeated warnings for it to leave. The plane was operating over the Turkmen Mountain region in Syria's Latakia province.

The protesters chanted: "Turkmen brothers are not alone" and "Killer Russia, get out of Syria."

___

You don't know exactly what procedures were taken by the Turkish pilots and what rules of engagement they implemented. Don't try and sound too smart for your own good. Until that information is publicly available don't try to come on here and lecture anybody.

I am not trying to be smart, I actually am, where I can see a small peice of information before hand. And these are state secrets and hardly invite a reason to make them available in public. But I am sure we will certainly know the real truth, when we see its reactions.

having said that, I would be happy if there is no involvement of theirs. However all that has been shown to us points to this one thing only.

With due respect,
Dash

Last edited:
So what was the relevance of Iranian or syrian...

if you hit russians they hit back no matter wherever it is.

Of course there is a BIG relevance of that two factors on this matter, Russia will not fly the planes in the first place if there is no influence of that two "factors"

Factor is :

a circumstance, fact, or influence that contributes to a result or outcome.

Israel apologized for that and accepted to pay money who suffered there...
Israel apologized a year later after they belittle your Ambassador. The US paid the compensation.
No matter we downed it in Syria or Turkish airspace.. We got the balls to do it. Can Russia do anything against us? This is not Georgia, Ukrain or rebels, Welcome to Turkey!
That where you are wrong, Russians have always replied in kind..ask the Lebanese who , in the 80's kidnapped two of their Embassy staff...Downing their craft in Syrian airspace is an act of war...With Georgia and Ukraine they have a common history, same blood run in their vessels...they were brutal but lean with them...You bring back the era when they were under the Ottoman empire ....NOT GOOD!

Back
Top Bottom