What's new

Turkey may hold referendum to decide on fate of EU membership

Should we continue the negotiations with the European Union or should we end them?

• Total voters
Lol have all the referendums you want.

Let's say the result of this referendum is in favour of joining the EU. What happens then? You just join EU because you population wants to? It's not that easy.

First go and fulfil those 35 conditions that EU has put forth and then in no EU member (especially Greece/Cyprus/Bulgaria and Romania) vetoes your inclusion then Turkey has a shot.

Romania has no beef with Turkey,it supports Turkey's accession and I don'really know why you included us with those other countries.We won't veto anything if it comes to that.

I strongly believe that Turkey has the capability and resources to have Pan Turkey organisation which should have all the turkic nations as its members Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmanistan, Kazakhstan, kyrgztan, Uzbekistan, Albania, turkish cypriot & Bosnia

Albania and Bosnia are not Turkic nations.

I voted:Turkey should continue the negotiations with EU!

Due to:

We mustnt finish or refuse Customs Union with Europe.
Europe is one of the big markets for Turkish producers.

Europe is the first economic partner for Turkey.

Russia, Arabs and others cant fly Turkish economy.

Europe is the richest land in the world.
They have been collecting, stealing all gold and value from other continents to their land for 500 years.

Can you give an example bro ?

Further more, we can null the Customs trade between EU and Turkey.
  • Turkey, by accepting the customs union protocol, was giving the EU the power to manipulate the foreign relations of Turkey. Turkey was accepting all the treaties between EU and any non EU country (i.e. all the other countries in the world) by precondition. (16th and 55th articles[4] )
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was accepting not to do any treaties with any non-EU country without the knowledge of EU. Otherwise, EU had the right to intervene and annul that treaty. (56th article[4])
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was unconditionally accepting to make laws which are parallel to the newer laws made for the customs union by EU. (8th article[4])
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was accepting to obey the all laws and decisions of European Court of Justice, where there is no single Turkish judge. (64th article[4])
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was opening its own market to European goods. The domestic goods of Turkey were in a great difficulty to compete against these due to a difference in quality. The European goods would flow into Turkey without any customs fee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union–Turkey_Customs_Union

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post and update the statics of Turkish users as more votes come by.

Turkey should end the negotiations with EU
5 votes %83

Turkey should continue the negotiations with EU
1 vote %17
I think the policies regarding minorities improved quite good.
But apart from that i refuse to jump on that emotional chest thumping game that Erdogan is playing, he didnt ask people when he opened negotiations with EU so why is he asking now, he should just abort it just as he started it.

The question that needs to be asked here is why did Erdogan suddenly decide to ask people about Turkeys fate?
I tell you why, if he decided by himself to cancel the negotiations then he will be accused of further enforcing his authoritarian agenda but a referandum that will most probably be positive about the end of EU talks will legitimze his strive and this in the most democratic way possible.

You yourself said Erdogan is a smart politician, yes i agree he is defeating democracy with democratic tools but unfortunately our people are hot headed so they will just jump on that bandwagon and he will be able to remove another obstacle on his way to absolute power.

Last edited:
I voted:Turkey should continue the negotiations with EU!

Due to:

We mustnt finish or refuse Customs Union with Europe.
Europe is one of the big markets for Turkish producers.

Europe is the first economic partner for Turkey.

Russia, Arabs and others cant fly Turkish economy.

Europe is the richest land in the world.
They have been collecting, stealing all gold and value from other continents to their land for 500 years.
Nobody said or meant to stop trade with Europe,its only about the membership proces to the EU.

Statics of Turkish users

Turkey should end the negotiations with EU

6 votes %85 (Sinan, revojam, T-123456, Kedikesenfare, bsruzm, CrimsonFury)

Turkey should continue the negotiations with EU
1 vote %15 (xenon54)
I say End nego with EU

another obstacle on his way to absolute power.
There is no obstacle left on his way to absolute power. The last obstacle was the military and he has completely curbed the military. Funnily enough he was able to curb the military through the Copenhagen Criteria of the EU.
"democracy is just a train towards our goal, once we reach that goal we get off." erdogan somehwere in the 80s or 90s.
Do you guys think he completely changed his mind and became democratic?

No guys. He changed his tactics to use democracy against itself. It was a patient and cunning tactic that worked.

Edit: But who are we to blame him? We have been waiting in EU doorstep for decades. Not enough with rejecting our admission they accepted worse countries with worse economies.
They keep supporting PKK.

They are turning to racism and far right ideology. We cant keep on waiting on their doorstep

Last edited:
There is no obstacle left on his way to absolute power. The last obstacle was the military and he has completely curbed the military. Funnily enough he was able to curb the military through the Copenhagen Criteria of the EU
He used EU negotiations and implemented the criterias that was useful to him and now he is getting rid of EU to have a complete free hand in the political scene.
Another thing that nobody seems to consider is the economic impact this is going to have on Turkey, there will be immense amount of foreign investments leaving the country, which are overwhelmingly from EU countries, that means you can also say goodbye to economy too, the only thing that AKP was managing half-way good recently.

This guy is driving our country into dirt, the last thing we need right now is to act with Nationalistic feelings

If you negotiated unionship and refused European Union democratic protocols, European Union would exclude Turkey.

Our trade with the EU subjects to Custom Union Agreement.
The EU gave to Turkey the right "duty-free trade".
The EU trades with Turkey because of the Turkish Integration to the EU.
If you moved away from theEU, the EU would too.
There are a lot of new alternatives like Ukraine and Russia.
Merkel has just offered economic union with Russian Federation. Putin also agree with her.
The European Union's share in Turkish exports: %49,5!!!

http://www.tuik.gov.tr/PreHaberBultenleri.do?id=21798

En fazla ihracat yapılan ülke Almanya oldu

Almanya’ya yapılan ihracat 2016 yılı Ocak ayında 1 milyar 90 milyon dolar olurken, bu ülkeyi sırasıyla İngiltere (650 milyon dolar), İtalya (570 milyon dolar) ve Irak (469 milyon dolar) takip etti.

Avrupa Birliği’ne ihracat %9,7 azaldı

Avrupa Birliği’nin (AB-28) ihracattaki payı 2015 Ocak ayında %42,7 iken, 2016 Ocak ayında %49,5 oldu. AB’ye yapılan ihracat, 2015 yılının aynı ayına göre %9,7 azalarak 4 milyar 750 milyon dolar olarak gerçekleşti.

İthalatta ilk sırayı Çin aldı

Çin’den yapılan ithalat, 2016 yılı Ocak ayında 1 milyar 924 milyon dolar oldu. Bu ülkeyi sırasıyla Rusya (1 milyar 345 milyon dolar), Almanya (1 milyar 163 milyon dolar) ve İtalya (606 milyon dola

There is no obstacle left on his way to absolute power. The last obstacle was the military and he has completely curbed the military. Funnily enough he was able to curb the military through the Copenhagen Criteria of the EU.
"democracy is just a train towards our goal, once we reach that goal we get off." erdogan somehwere in the 80s or 90s.
Do you guys think he completely changed his mind and became democratic?

I don't really like Erdogan. But to give him his due, he didn't say anything like that.
-> https://turkeireporter.com/2010/10/27/strasenbahn-zur-demokratie/

o_O

Europeans are not lepricons :lol:
images

58320_150223311664441_3081918_n.jpg

1d92f6_bf81390d460c720229f67faff980df38.gif

imperialism-and-colonialism-decolonization-and-independence-8-728.jpg

Back
Top Bottom