What's new

Turkey may hold referendum to decide on fate of EU membership

Should we continue the negotiations with the European Union or should we end them?

• Total voters
There is thread tool up above, click it and click add poll.

We can't control the nationality of the pollers...but we know Turks, we can keep our statistics.

Let's do a calculation.

2015 GDP:717 Billion $
http://www.focus-economics.com/countries/turkey

Let's say Turkish economy will grove %13.5 by every year (which is impossible, no country on earth has such growth numbers)

2016: 813 Billion $
2017: 923 Billion $
2018: 1048 Billion $
2019: 1189 Billion $
2020: 1350 Billion $
2021: 1532 Billion $
2022: 1739 Billion $
2023: 1973 Billion $

And Lira won't lose any value against Dollar in these 8 years....

Fairy Tale.
Oh wait I didn't know they were aiming for 2 trillion $ GDP...I though it was 1-1.5 trillion. Ok never mind:partay:

I voted "Turkey should end the negotiations with EU".

b39de6546c444f6099a42f364fcb35c3.png

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Wednesday slammed the European Union for failing to fulfill its end of the bargain regarding the EU-Turkey readmission deal, saying that Turkey may also hold a referendum to determine if they should continue with negotiations or not, while he harshly criticized the bloc for being untrustworthy. (...)
http://www.dailysabah.com/eu-affair...-fate-of-eu-membership-president-erdogan-says

PLEASE.This would be his best decision ever. Direct democratic methods empower the citizens and serve the purpose of the division of power, moreover, we could combine this vote with a referendum on a counterproposal to never join any kind of State Union.

Besides, Turkey belongs to those nations with the most frequent practices of direct democracy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Referendums_in_Turkey

Isn't it a good idea?

@xenon54 @Sinan @Zulkarneyn @Saithan @T-123456 @Mucahit @asena_great @bsruzm @BordoEnes @CrimsonFury @revojam @Oublious @Deliorman @Kutsanan @TrMhMt @MrTopal27 @Timur @cabatli_53, et al.
EU membership wont happen anyway but one thing is very important which is to keep continuing the negotiations to strenghten the democracy in the country, i think Erdogan is trying to topple the obstacles in his way to become the dictator.

Is there honestly anyone inside and outside EU and Turkey who believes turkey will ever become a member of EU?

France, Italy, Spain and Austria said they will let their people decide and hold referendums.

Its an absolute illussion to believe this will gonna happen since majority of citizens is against turkey in EU

Did democracy progressed in the last 14 years ?
Well to be honest it did till a couple years ago, now the trend reversed but without the negotiations there is one obstacle less in Erdogans way.

Well to be honest it did till a couple years ago, now the trend reversed but without the negotiations there is one obstacle less in Erdogans way.
Can you give an example bro ?

Further more, we can null the Customs trade between EU and Turkey.
  • Turkey, by accepting the customs union protocol, was giving the EU the power to manipulate the foreign relations of Turkey. Turkey was accepting all the treaties between EU and any non EU country (i.e. all the other countries in the world) by precondition. (16th and 55th articles[4] )
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was accepting not to do any treaties with any non-EU country without the knowledge of EU. Otherwise, EU had the right to intervene and annul that treaty. (56th article[4])
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was unconditionally accepting to make laws which are parallel to the newer laws made for the customs union by EU. (8th article[4])
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was accepting to obey the all laws and decisions of European Court of Justice, where there is no single Turkish judge. (64th article[4])
  • Turkey, by entering to the customs union, was opening its own market to European goods. The domestic goods of Turkey were in a great difficulty to compete against these due to a difference in quality. The European goods would flow into Turkey without any customs fee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union–Turkey_Customs_Union

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post and update the statics of Turkish users as more votes come by.

Turkey should end the negotiations with EU
5 votes %83

Turkey should continue the negotiations with EU
1 vote %17

Lol have all the referendums you want.

Let's say the result of this referendum is in favour of joining the EU. What happens then? You just join EU because you population wants to? It's not that easy.

First go and fulfil those 35 conditions that EU has put forth and then in no EU member (especially Greece/Cyprus/Bulgaria and Romania) vetoes your inclusion then Turkey has a shot.

Let's say the result of this referendum is in favour of joining the EU. What happens then? You just join EU because you population wants to? It's not that easy.

First go and fulfil those 35 conditions that EU has put forth and then in no EU member (especially Greece/Cyprus/Bulgaria and Romania) vetoes your inclusion then Turkey has a shot.
Referandum is about dropping the negotiations or not....I think, you need to read the article again.

I strongly believe that Turkey has the capability and resources to have Pan Turkey organisation which should have all the turkic nations as its members Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmanistan, Kazakhstan, kyrgztan, Uzbekistan, Albania, turkish cypriot & Bosnia

Statics of Turkish users

Turkey should end the negotiations with EU

6 votes %85 (Sinan, revojam, T-123456, Kedikesenfare, bsruzm, CrimsonFury)

Turkey should continue the negotiations with EU
1 vote %15 (xenon54)

I guess you have reading problems.

Back
Top Bottom