What's new

Turkey may hold referendum to decide on fate of EU membership

Should we continue the negotiations with the European Union or should we end them?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
b39de6546c444f6099a42f364fcb35c3.png

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Wednesday slammed the European Union for failing to fulfill its end of the bargain regarding the EU-Turkey readmission deal, saying that Turkey may also hold a referendum to determine if they should continue with negotiations or not, while he harshly criticized the bloc for being untrustworthy. (...)
http://www.dailysabah.com/eu-affair...-fate-of-eu-membership-president-erdogan-says

PLEASE.This would be his best decision ever. Direct democratic methods empower the citizens and serve the purpose of the division of power, moreover, we could combine this vote with a referendum on a counterproposal to never join any kind of State Union.

Besides, Turkey belongs to those nations with the most frequent practices of direct democracy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Referendums_in_Turkey

Isn't it a good idea?

@xenon54 @Sinan @Zulkarneyn @Saithan @T-123456 @Mucahit @asena_great @bsruzm @BordoEnes @CrimsonFury @revojam @Oublious @Deliorman @Kutsanan @TrMhMt @MrTopal27 @Timur @cabatli_53 @HAKIKAT , et al.

Last edited:
I simply say "we shouldn't negotiate".
Funny thing is all these years, they haven't asked Turkish people what they want now they say they would... Hopefully, they do.

Last edited:
He should've hold a referandum before they even started with this, i highly doubt that they will do it now.

lf they do, Turkish people will say no for sure.

l mean even the conservative people who always defended Syrian refugees and said they're our brothers are now talking about how bad they're and how they damage the country in every way.

Because of this deal, they're sending us Afghanis,lraqies and people from Africa,they're not even syrians so i don't really understand why we made the deal in the first place.

On top of that they're sending uneducated & radical refugees and taking educated from us.

I've asked this question before, and I got iffy answers, so I'll ask again.

To the Turkish members of PDF, is it worth going for EU membership?

Turkey is not a European country. Cannot enter. Plus, EU is nothing but Germany's project at conquest of Europe.

What referendum,we arent getting in so why bother?
Keep it as it is and be done with this bs,its getting ridiculous.

Turkey is not a European country. Cannot enter. Plus, EU is nothing but Germany's project at conquest of Europe.
And you idiot arent the one to decide if Turkiye is a European country or not,nobody cares what you say so,go open some hollywood threads.

it's too late for this he is just putting this to show cuz England also is holding referendum to exit ' empty threat from toothless wolf if he threat the EU 4 years ago before the syrian war or before he fuk up russian - turkish relations this threat would mean so much for EU now turkey have a bad relations with most of our neighbors and we are some how getting isolated this threat wont help much . erdogan was good at running turkey but he is very naive when it's come to foreign policy and he is a risk taker i give him that but his gamble in foreign policy didn't pay well thus far

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Wednesday slammed the European Union for failing to fulfill its end of the bargain regarding the EU-Turkey readmission deal, saying that Turkey may also hold a referendum to determine if they should continue with negotiations or not, while he harshly criticized the bloc for being untrustworthy. (...)
http://www.dailysabah.com/eu-affair...-fate-of-eu-membership-president-erdogan-says

PLEASE.This would be his best decision ever. Direct democratic methods empower the citizens and serve the purpose of the division of power, moreover, we could combine this vote with a referendum on a counterproposal to never join any kind of State Union.

Besides, Turkey belongs to those nations with the most frequent practices of direct democracy:

Isn't it a good idea?

@xenon54 @Sinan @Zulkarneyn @Saithan @T-123456 @Mucahit @asena_great @bsruzm @BordoEnes @CrimsonFury @revojam @Oublious @Deliorman @Kutsanan @TrMhMt @MrTopal27 @Timur, et al.

Mate, if it's possible add a poll to the thread....I say no to the EU and i would vote for "no" in the referendum.

I know the result would be %70-80 no incase of a referendum.
FT_Turkey.World_.png

Keep it as it is and be done with this bs,its getting ridiculous.
I don't think, "keeping it as it is" is a good solution for Turkey.....because of the membership process, we had to implement their laws and regulations in to our system....which had been unsuitable for us. More over it gave them reason to interfere with our interior affairs, customs agreement is not in our favor......I believe that membership process should be abolished immediately.

Its a muslim country with biased policies towards fellow muslim nations....It should never be given a membership of EU

So we'll be returning to good ol' times before 2000. That's what I'm hearing. Even though we've R&D so much, politically this'll be a setback of catastrophic levels.

EU is like a train you ride on, once you reach your station you get off. RTE and AKP is like a train, once you once you reach the canyon, there is only down or back.

How many of you can stand neutral and judge each without favouritism ?

Pragmatism has always served Turkey best and we've always had it hard when we let our emotions control us. Look at RTE face, he's already useless he's trying to control everything by himself.

You know a sheep herd will follow the leader, even over the brinck.

But someone already said it, a barking dog won't bite.

Isn't it a good idea?

@xenon54 @Sinan @Zulkarneyn @Saithan @T-123456 @Mucahit @asena_great @bsruzm @BordoEnes @CrimsonFury @revojam @Oublious @Deliorman @Kutsanan @TrMhMt @MrTopal27 @Timur, et al.
Im in Turkey this summer, hope there will be a referandum and it will be during the summer :) so i can vote no.
We should start opting for union with our Turkic brethren. Start with Azarbaijan. We just need to save the Turkic states from Russia's clutch and we are good to go. That's the best possible union for us

Back
Top Bottom