What's new

Turkey may hold referendum to decide on fate of EU membership

Should we continue the negotiations with the European Union or should we end them?

• Total voters
Don't forget that if the UK leaves,you will loose one of your main support.....

Don't forget that if the UK leaves,you will loose one of your main support.....
We don't want to be in the EU anyway. I mean if a people as cunning as the Brits are so torn over the EU that means it's a club you definately don't want to joint

Brazil unfavorable? That's news to me though looking at that list, I really love our people :D
But really I don't get why we hate everyone ? :o:

Holding a referendum would be logical in a sense that the country should decide whether to carry on with the negotiations. But other than that it would be useless. What i would like to see is Turkey becoming really close to the EU, like Norway, but not part a of it.....

Holding a referendum would be logical in a sense that the country should decide whether to carry on with the negotiations. But other than that it would be useless. What i would like to see is Turkey becoming really close to the EU, like Norway, but not part a of it.....
We can never be politically close to the EU. Military/diplomatic and economic is quite possible. I'd like to see a relationship like one between the EU and US: close cooperation but not too much meddling in each others internal affairs

Turks: Cameron's our No1 backer! PM said Turkey wouldn't join the EU until 3000... but they say he is on their side

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-Cameron-chief-supporter-EU-membership.html

And in a speech at the Turkish parliament in Ankara in July 2010, Mr Cameron said: ‘I’m here to make the case for Turkey’s membership of the EU. And to fight for it.’

Last edited:
, At the end of the 17th century, the Ottoman Empire came close to swallowing Europe

Instead,it swallowed a full brutal charge of Polish hussars.

hussars3.jpg

I would vote for NO .. and stop begging for join the EU . because of EU would never allow Muslim , large and influential Turkey to join the EU ( Christian Club )

Turkey is the spiritual successor to the Ottoman Empire, an empire that was traditionally adversarial towards Europe, At the end of the 17th century, the Ottoman Empire came close to swallowing Europe

and Turkey's population is predominantly Muslim, while Europe's population is overwhelmingly Christian

also Turkey has a population of 79 million and if Turkey entered the EU today, Turkey would be the 2nd largest member state behind Germany ( 80 million )

Turkey would instantly become a key player in European politics and would have more influence than the traditionally core countries, France, Italy, and the UK

This would mean an instant shift of power in almost every EU institution, more notably the European Parliament where seats are distributed to member states according to population

and Turkey doesnt need indebted and decadent EU . The recent economic crisis demonstrated many of the weaknesses of EU

EU is tired and decadent . Turkey on the other hand is growing and dynamic

even Turkey was lucky NOT to be in the EU during the financial crisis, since it has recovered much more quickly and robustly than Europe

Terrorist supporter hypocrite liar Europeans are not keeping their promise and this is your ugly face

what might happen if Turkey opens its doors and all refugees walk towards Europe ?

Turkey should open its doors 3 million Syrian refugees to flow into Europe ... please do it

Easy tiger. :)

No need to act on emotions....

We should weigh pros&cons and act according to it. At the moment cons outweighs pros....and we should drop the negotiations at once. Even there is no need to think like "We are not getting into EU....so,lets get into this union"....Even dropping the EU bid and standing alone is better.

Pathetic Polish hussars ? . Polish–Ottoman War (1672–76) Ottoman victory

Ottoman Empire wins control over parts of Podolia and parts of Central Ukraine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_War_(1672–76)

TURKS vs all of You ... (Great Turkish War 1683-1699)

They took it back 23 years later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_War_(1683–99)

Also,if you look at the battles of the Grest Turkish War,European armies were always outnumbered by their Turkish adversaries and still won

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Zenta

Holy League: 50.000 men,60 guns ; Ottoman Empire: 80-100.000 men,90 guns

The Habsburg Empire was also fighting France in that time,not only the Ottoman Empire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years'_War............The myth that Europe was somehow united in fighting the Ottomans it's only that...a myth....they were mostly fighting amongst themselves.

Last edited:
If these sentiments continue in both camps (Europe/Turkey), in no more than one or two decades i won't be surprised to see Holy League vs Ottomans again. Im not even saying this jokingly. For centuries Ottomans have been the only power strong enough to stop encroaching European colonialism in Middle East and North Africa. Now that we lost our position the Western powers act like kindergarden in Middle East+North Africa. We see a rise in Turkish self confidence and power, i wonder if history will repeat

Back
Top Bottom