What's new

Turkey limits defense sales to India to appease Pakistan

You are scanning my post, highlighting it in bold but are still not reading it. I said they do NOT pose a thread to India but they still speaks which side Sri Lanka is aligning. Try reading again.

Its also a message for India that if you arm our neighbours (Afghanistan), you will end up getting it done to you. Afghanistan is a friendly neighbour with not so friendly government in it and this indian action is now countered.

I am reading your post and that's why replying....

a) How is Sri Lanka buying JF-17 from Pakistan indicates that Sri Lanka is aligning towards Pakistan?? JF-17 probably fits the bill and we anyways don't have anything to offer at this stage, no?? Had tejas matured to the level it should have been i can still understand that...care to share some more thoughts on this...

b) The second bold part is not making sense to me either...Pakistan accuses India of creating trouble there by AF route and thus AF aligning with India can be of significant issue for Pakistan(if there fears are warranted)...How is that equivalent to your case?? I am not even talking about India-Sri Lanka relations here....I can't logically explain what Sri Lanka is going to gain by antagonizing India for a better relation with Pakistan...so i am not even going there....

Lol :Turkey :lol:
Come on :rofl:
India need weapons .
And we can see a long queue of most modern sophisitcated defense industries from US,Russia,Europe ,Israel etc except our own indigenous industries .
Turkey produces reliable effective weapons whilst you guys produce junk ie arjun, insas and lca to just name a few:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok but atleast we gave you treatment of your own medicine and take russia out of it now russia is also taking distance example is S 400 on which you were jumping in skies russia put immposible stings for you to fullfill and buy S 400 triump

USA will sell you weapons of 2nd grade wont sell you F 22 neither seawolf submarine

We do know to blackmail Russia in turn. If we do, Russia will lose its biggest breadwinner of its defence industry. Russia is welcome to continue to "blackmail" India as u seem to think of.
If it really does, it will be the loser. Pakistan can never imagine or dream to replace India as a market for Russian platforms.

I am reading your post and that's why replying....

a) How is Sri Lanka buying JF-17 from Pakistan indicates that Sri Lanka is aligning towards Pakistan?? JF-17 probably fits the bill and we anyways don't have anything to offer at this stage, no?? Had tejas matured to the level it should have been i can still understand that...care to share some more thoughts on this...

b) The second bold part is not making sense to me either...Pakistan accuses India of creating trouble there by AF route and thus AF aligning with India can be of significant issue for Pakistan(if there fears are warranted)...How is that equivalent to your case?? I am not even talking about India-Sri Lanka relations here....I can't logically explain what Sri Lanka is going to gain by antagonizing India for a better relation with Pakistan...so i am not even going there....

If things do not make sense, trying reading them slowly or ponder on them longer. Initially you misread me, now you are refusing to see obvious if Sri Lanka is aligning with Pakistan or not. If selection of JF-17s vs Indian offers and then refusal of Sri Lanka to accept Indian pressures for loan cancellation doesn't help you see, I wouldn't have anything more obvious to help you. But you are very welcome to feel happy or assume if Sri Lanka is an Indian state.

For India supplying helicopters to Afghanistan part, Pakistan is supplying its jets to two of Indian neighbours now. Pakistan is increasing its influence on the eastern side of India. What it may turn for Pakistan is beyond the scope of this thread.

Peace.

People need to read the 'help' provided by Turkey during 65 and 71 before jumping up and down about 'ummah brotherhood'.

@niaz @Capt.Popeye

Indian arms industry is already sophisticated enough to compete with Turkish armament production. Therefore neither India is likely to be seriously inconvenienced by this action nor would Turkey miss out on lucrative arms contracts.

In India /Pakistan scenario the countries that really matter are the US, Russia, China, UK, France, Sweden, Germany and a few other European countries.

In my personal view this is a harmless gesture which would please Pakistan without annoying India. Nothing to do with Ummah; some other Muslim countries such as Kuwait & Dubai openly favour Indians over Pakistanis.

What an epic fail by these turks :lol:

A country that cannot even a make a midget submarine and has to assemble german subs, cannot make a short ranged ballistic missile without repainting Chinese B-611, cannot make a heli without assembling Italian A-129, heck, they can't even make an assault rifle without basing it on Ar-15, this country is talking about "exporting" to a nation which has ICBM's, its own submarines etc etc.

I am sure India is devastated by this. This is almost as funny if Saudi arabia claimed to limit sales to India :rofl:

What an epic fail by these turks :lol:

A country that cannot even a make a midget submarine and has to assemble german subs, cannot make a short ranged ballistic missile without repainting Chinese B-611, cannot make a heli without assembling Italian A-129, heck, they can't even make an assault rifle without basing it on Ar-15, this country is talking about "exporting" to a nation which has ICBM's, its own submarines etc etc.

I am sure India is devastated by this. This is almost funny if Saudi arabia claimed to limit sales to Indian.

Hey we are truly devastated and shaking in fear. Stupid of Turkey to go for a symbolic meaningless gesture - there action would have no effect on India but instead make them a laughing stock.

Turkey is picking up enemies left, right and centre - China/Russia/India all considerable forces in their own right.

I can only wish Best of Luck to them

Indian arms industry is already sophisticated enough to compete with Turkish armament production. Therefore neither India is likely to be seriously inconvenienced by this action nor would Turkey miss out on lucrative arms contracts.

In India /Pakistan scenario the countries that really matter are the US, Russia, China, UK, France, Sweden, Germany and a few other European countries.

In my personal view this is a harmless gesture which would please Pakistan without annoying India. Nothing to do with Ummah; some other Muslim countries such as Kuwait & Dubai openly favour Indians over Pakistanis.

only one thing which I would disagree with is that it will not annoy India - It will - Ministry of Foreign Affairs and their Diplomats have a long institutional memory and when the time comes and my friend it will come one day - the gesture would be reciprocated in a manner which seriously undermines Turkey.

We are hoping to have a sophisticated defence industry like your country has in the future.
I hope you dont expect us to make such an advanced complex sophisticated midget submarine like yours,we have just started making an indigenous two seats rowing boat.
Just give us some time.

People need to read the 'help' provided by Turkey during 65 and 71 before jumping up and down about 'ummah brotherhood'.

@niaz @Capt.Popeye
Could you explain,what you mean by ''help''?

We are hoping to have a sophisticated defence industry like your country has in the future.
I hope you dont expect us to make such an advanced complex sophisticated midget submarine like yours,we have just started making an indigenous two seats rowing boat.
Just give us some time.

I hope your country will be able to make a even a 600ton submarine like below in the next 20 years:

1IqRpoX.png

data0001_ts_snapshot_07_01_5B2014_02_03_08_55_455D.jpg_thumb.jpeg

Heck, what about a midget submarine? Can you make that?

Alternatively, you can wait and see if you can repaint a south korean submarine and claim you made it. You did something similar with their K-2 tank.

I wish your country haven 10% of the Iranian capability. Heck, learn to first even develop a mission computer for your UAV's:

Sierra Nevada awarded a contract to Curtiss-Wright to supply the Parvus DuraCOR 820 small-form-factor mission computer for use in the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) ANKA medium-altitude long endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2015/09/uav-embedded-computing.html

Is there anything you people don't import?

Hey we are truly devastated and shaking in fear. Stupid of Turkey to go for a symbolic meaningless gesture - there action would have no effect on India but instead make them a laughing stock.

Turkey is picking up enemies left, right and centre - China/Russia/India all considerable forces in their own right.

I can only wish Best of Luck to them

Bro, these jokers are an import state. I can hardly name anything they make without importing most its components. Most of their stuff, is basically imported technology. Their tank, helicopter, even their so called "aircraft carrier" is just a Spanish ship.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom