What's new

Turkey considers French missile defence bid after restoring arms trade ties

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Turkey considers French missile defence bid after restoring arms trade ties

Turkey's Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan has agreed to restore military relations covering all arms deals with France, improving the chances of a French bid to fulfil a missile defence tender.

Relations became strained in December 2011 when the French parliament voted in favour of a law to make it illegal to deny the killings of Armenians in Turkey’s predecessor the Ottoman Empire during World War I.

The country's foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu told Turkish media that the sanctions were lifted by the Prime Minister following a positive meeting with French president, Francois Hollande, during a world summit in Brazil.

The move is expected to enable European missile manufacturer Eurosam to compete for Turkey’s nearly US$4 billion Long-Range Air and Missile Defence Systems (LORAMIDS) contract.

Eurosam, whose shareholders include MBDA, Finmeccanica, EADS and Thales, was never officially excluded from the competition, but the legislation made it unlikely for a contract award.

Other contenders include US companies Raytheon and Lockheed Martin with a Patriot-based system, Russia’s Rosoboronexport with S-300 and S-400 systems, and China Precision Machinary Import and Export Corp (CPMIEC) offering its HQ-9 system.

Turkey’s top arms procurement body is expected to hold a meeting this month to finalise the winner of the LORAMIDS contract.

Turkey considers French missile defence bid after restoring arms trade ties :: Strategic Defence Intelligence

Turkey and France can become a good partner nuclear and military development .

If Eurosam is going to be chosen then we will get serious amount of ToT, But its also inferior the any other systems that where offered. Its really hard to decide.

If Eurosam is going to be chosen then we will get serious amount of ToT, But its also inferior the any other systems that where offered. Its really hard to decide.

If EU project becomes successfull, Eurpoe will become confederation in next 50 years, so good relationship with Europe, specially Frenchs and Germans is essensial for Turkeys future success and as one confederation Europe needs to become a major military power as well so cooperation with big arms manufacturer of Europe will benifit us in long run.

But ofcourse all above is depend on EU's success

Is Turkey looking beyond F 35 ? Rafael has any chance ?

or may be Mistral class LHD

to me ; it was wrong to cut the relations for that. There is some other ways to react while standing together. react : ok.. cut off : no

If you refuse to cut relation with France's Amernia genecode recogniation, more countries will follow the same. Israel react angry at Holocaust similarly.

They can recondize all they want problem was they tried to made it illegal to deny that... Turkish Jews and Turkish immigrants worked hard against it and finally court rejected the law...

But you already knew that, you just wanted to troll Turks here with your anti-Turkey BS...

I didn't know court rejected the law. It is very serious affect Turkey. Well, ahem. You have to understand how some Pakistani feel. I am not trying to troll here as per my explanation.

I would say again with due respect. NATO is war against Pakistan and killing our soldiers recently. So NATO, romantic relations with Turkey, make it very complicated our special relation with Pakistani perspectives and angers. Sister, I gave you two choices- NATO or Pakistan depend on your country interests?

Then join the NATO, we have cookies :P

I love cookies, what a great offer !!!!
cookie_eat.gif

Thanks! :D

biggest troll raptor

If you doubt my nationality Pakistani, see this yourself.

Whatever you call me will make you feel better.

Anyway is there new news about this project?

If you refuse to cut relation with France's Amernia genecode recogniation, more countries will follow the same. Israel react angry at Holocaust similarly.

I didn't know court rejected the law. It is very serious affect Turkey. Well, ahem. You have to understand how some Pakistani feel. I am not trying to troll here as per my explanation.

I would say again with due respect. NATO is war against Pakistan and killing our soldiers recently. So NATO, romantic relations with Turkey, make it very complicated our special relation with Pakistani perspectives and angers. Sister, I gave you two choices- NATO or Pakistan depend on your country interests?

NATO is ruining Pakisntan and slowly drag her to destruction with civil unrest but the biggest criminal in that is the inefficent politicans in Pakistan... Pakistan is a country of 170+ million with nuclear weapons and has one of the top ten land armies in this world... Politicans cannot or purpesly don't use that potential and they are the biggest contributor to that fact and not Turkey.

Turkey helped Pakistan in all of its problems as long as I lived so why attacking Turkish interest or trolling Turkish topics on PDF? Although Turkey couldn't convice NATO to apoligise to Pakistan we were the ones who requested an urgent meeting to discuss PNato attacking Pakistan outpost and we were the ones who made it a major topic for other major meeting of NATO....

Back
Top Bottom