What's new

Tuaf destroys Pantsir/BUK/S-300Airdefence

the single F-16 crash happened due to pilot error, not due to skilled operators.
Israel did hundreds of operations in Syria in those couples of years in heavily defended areas, and Syria lacked any means to stop those attacks.
and as much as I remember, the syrians managed to shoot down some turkish aircraft a while ago.
Managing to intercept 1 or 2 aircrafts out of hundreds of operations is embarrassing to say the least
Never said that those Syst are "The best" or "they should be proud"... But quite the opposite... I actually underlined the "lack of"...
My point was that "Human operator should not be "seen" as the main/only cause of such Syst failure, when it comes for S1 in Syria.
by showing that other syst, like BUK/S family are "working" fine enough... despite the "Operator training" alleged lack of "training".

Never said that those Syst are "The best" or "they should be proud"... But quite the opposite... I actually underlined the "lack of"...
My point was that "Human operator should not be "seen" as the main/only cause of such Syst failure, when it comes for S1 in Syria.
by showing that other syst, like BUK/S family are "working" fine enough... despite the "Operator training" alleged lack of "training".
I'm not sure about working fine, if u manage to shoot only one plane (not a direct hit either) over hundreds of enemy attacks, over years, that seems to me that the problem isn't only at the operator's level

I'm not sure about working fine, if u manage to shoot only one plane (not a direct hit either) over hundreds of enemy attacks, over years, that seems to me that the problem isn't only at the operator's level
Well... it's not like Israel is striking with 8km range missiles either...
As I said... Fault shouldn't only be on the operator( since many put the blame of RU syst on ill trained team)... The syst is also at fault...

Brilliant work by TSK, my salute to them.

One other factor is that Pantsir was designed to intercept fast and low objects, not slow and small ones. There is a limit to how slow a radar can see, the lower the limit kept, the greater the clutter. Typically most radars cannot see anything flying below 40 km/h. If I had to make a guess, this may have been a weakness for the Pantsir in addition to the impressive EW of the TSK.

Can't wait to see F-4s in action and Hisars in action. Can't wait to see the TSK take on with their own soldiers the SAA. If Erdogan gives them the go ahead they could destroy SAA in the next 2 weeks.

I would definitely myself love to fight side by side with my Turkish brothers. Miss Istanbul already.

Brilliant work by TSK, my salute to them.

One other factor is that Pantsir was designed to intercept fast and low objects, not slow and small ones. There is a limit to how slow a radar can see, the lower the limit kept, the greater the clutter. Typically most radars cannot see anything flying below 40 km/h. If I had to make a guess, this may have been a weakness for the Pantsir in addition to the impressive EW of the TSK.

Can't wait to see F-4s in action and Hisars in action. Can't wait to see the TSK take on with their own soldiers the SAA. If Erdogan gives them the go ahead they could destroy SAA in the next 2 weeks.

I would definitely myself love to fight side by side with my Turkish brothers. Miss Istanbul already.
Drones ain't easy target for current SAM systems

11 turkish UCAVS lost so far
Ucav losses are not a loss.

I think it needs repeating that UAVs and other unmanned systems were made precisely to remove humans from dangerous conditions, and lower the cost of operations. A UCAV loss is nothing compared to a tank, IFV, APC, fighter jet or helicopter loss.

We're talking about a difference between 1 to 3 million dollar loss, vs tens of millions dollars and human casualties.

I think it needs repeating that UAVs and other unmanned systems were made precisely to remove humans from dangerous conditions, and lower the cost of operations. A UCAV loss is nothing compared to a tank, IFV, APC, fighter jet or helicopter loss.

We're talking about a difference between 1 to 3 million dollar loss, vs tens of millions dollars and human casualties.

Turkey lost $300 mln worth of drones in a week. Half of all Anka-S fleet was lost.

Turkey lost $300 mln worth of drones in a week. Half of all Anka-S fleet was lost.
Assuming this is correct, and I don't believe it is, 300 million isn't all that much, in the grand scheme of things. Compare that to Syrian losses.

but i taught it was Turkey UAVs that destroyed syrian army utterly not their Tanks ,APC and IFV

and can you please tell me exactly which Syrian Fighter jet turkey destroyed ?

but i taught it was Turkey UAVs that destroyed syrian army utterly not their Tanks ,APC and IFV
A modern army doesn't just consist of personnel it also consists of heavy weapons systems, and air power, along with logistics lines. Turkey disrupted that heavily, and inflicted quite heavy losses on Syria.

and can you please tell me exactly which Syrian Fighter jet turkey destroyed ?
I'm pretty sure syria has lost 2 su 24 fighters.

A modern army doesn't just consist of personnel it also consists of heavy weapons systems, and air power, along with logistics lines. Turkey disrupted that heavily, and inflicted quite heavy losses on Syria.

I'm pretty sure syria has lost 2 su 24 fighters.
only for 3 day and as I said hitting Su-24 is no big deal even F-5 have advantage over su-24 in air to air fight and more importantly Su-24 is not a fighter its a bomber in and out .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom