What's new

Tuaf destroys Pantsir/BUK/S-300Airdefence

Pantsir S1 and Buk-M2 (officially reported 8 kill) converted to sitting duck by Turkish drones+electronic attack methods. We may even hear more news about the kill of two Russian made SAM system today. Their PESA radars can not stand on powerful electronic attacks of Turkish Jammers and become an easy target of drones.

@Socra @Signalian @Tipu7

How do you guys perceive the cost/benefit of Pantsir in PA (if it comes) considering the recent takedowns by drones?
Depends upon the employment of the asset. A pantsir on its own without connectivity to a AD network and other LOMAD systems is pretty vulnerable.
This is how both the Israelis and Turks were able to kill the system(specifically the turks utilized a combination of jamming and RoE restrictions to take it out).

But if you combine the Pantsir with a connected LY-80 system and Crotale as it moved across with a battlegroup ; then that system is going to be much more effective.

Finally, how well trained and motivated the operators are matters the most.

upload_2020-3-4_21-47-54.jpeg

Its the turn of Turkish SAM systems. They are going to prove their effectiveness in Idlib. The next week, We will see both Hisar-A low (10+km altitude) and Hisar-O medium (15+km altitude) air defense missiles intercepting the aerial threats. Korkut will protect them.

upload_2020-3-4_21-32-28.jpeg

Not really fair of you...
The main point among analyst is not even the Drone or the missile... But the EW syst in place that led to such "result"...
And TR isn't the only one who have done it in the past...

Let's not always blame the "soldier Incompetence" When the Syst...at multiple time, failed...
Actually RU themselves acknowledge it... since their later Upgrades tackle such "issues"...
Which would be fair, if not for the fact that the Syrians haven't had the pantsir system for too long, nor have they had the time to properly test and train with it.

Which would be fair, if not for the fact that the Syrians haven't had the pantsir system for too long, nor have they had the time to properly test and train with it.
Pantsir is in Syrian inventory since 2007... I think 13 years is enough of "Training" added to that almost 6 years being next to Russian "trainers"...
As for test... this isn't on the "Client" side to guarantee results but the "Vendor"...
And as I said... Russia do Acknowledge the issues of Pantsir when it comes to such little targets and EW... And tried to tackle it by the newest upgrades of Pantsir...

Turkish technology
ESSCkhhXkAAJbHw

Last edited:
Depends upon the employment of the asset. A pantsir on its own without connectivity to a AD network and other LOMAD systems is pretty vulnerable.
This is how both the Israelis and Turks were able to kill the system(specifically the turks utilized a combination of jamming and RoE restrictions to take it out).

But if you combine the Pantsir with a connected LY-80 system and Crotale as it moved across with a battlegroup ; then that system is going to be much more effective.

Finally, how well trained and motivated the operators are matters the most.

I hope PAF get some notes in next anatolian eagle. The lessons would be of good use in PAF ACE.

Pantsir is in Syrian inventory since 2007... I think 13 years is enough of "Training" added to that almost 6 years being next to Russian "trainers"...
As for test... this isn't on the "Client" side to guarantee results but the "Vendor"...
And as I said... Russia do Acknowledge the issues of Pantsir when it comes to such little targets and EW... And tried to tackle it by the newest upgrades of Pantsir...
I was under the impression that the current syrian army is mostly made of conscripts, and foreign mercs, all of whom wouldn't know how to use advanced weapons systems.

Feel free to correct me. I have no fight in this, I'm only here for the knowledge.

Pantsir S1 and Buk-M2 (officially reported 8 kill) converted to sitting duck by Turkish drones+electronic attack methods. We may even hear more news about the kill of two Russian made SAM system today. Their PESA radars can not stand on powerful electronic attacks of Turkish Jammers and become an easy target of drones.
well , I dont call PESA radar weak , in fact when I look at Syria I see AESA radar of Pantsir and 9К317E Buk-M2E have more trouble with targets than PESA radar of TOR system . to be honest its an strange trend there and an intresting one something to think about.

I was under the impression that the current syrian army is mostly made of conscripts, and foreign mercs, all of whom wouldn't know how to use advanced weapons systems.

Feel free to correct me. I have no fight in this, I'm only here for the knowledge.
Specific system operators did not get hurt, injury or lose too much in syrian conflict at least not that much like other branches. so we can assume that syrians have their system operators in good number. the problem is mostly Russian equipment, they are outdated , for example when i see Panstir fire its guns it cant target anything because of recoil , compare it with Turkish KORKUT especially when they are on move.

well , I dont call PESA radar weak , in fact when I look at Syria I see AESA radar of Pantsir and 9К317E Buk-M2E have more trouble with targets than PESA radar of TOR system . to be honest its an strange trend there and an intresting one something to think about.

In system configuration, AESA structure is proven to be more resistant to electronic attacks because their module/phase shifter connection make them switch on their emitting frequencies much more frequently than a PESA can do so Not all jammer sensors with low output can blind an AESA easily so It is needed to apply different sector blinding technics for AESA. On the other hand, Quality of an AESA is not only about its structure but also its electronics, semi-conductors...etc

Back
Top Bottom