What's new

Trying India's FREE Government School Meal

They maintain the standards ......

They give free meals to school children in India? That is very good initiative. Specially for underdeveloped regions. I wish these steps are taken in Pakistan too.
But one major concern should be healthcare measures and sanitation. I mean these are children of growing age. Home made food is clean and made with care. You don't want to feed young ones with Bacteria and Viruses Ridden Crap that most of low grade hotels or "Dhaabas" Serve. Better not serve at all if quality measures cannot be regulated. No need to make them eat dhaaba food and make them sick.
Still very positive thing.

Good initiative. Free school meals should be standard across the country. I'd like to see this in Pakistan too.

My very point. Eggs are a cheap source of protein, especially if milk is not part of the meal. Of course you would know more about this.

The mistake is to involve religious groups like ISKCON in the mid-day meal program because they bring in their sense of morality.

By the way, welcome back.

Wow !! Who built that staircase ??

Issue is I don't want mean introduced that drives away students (and defeats whole purpose of the midday meal) because their parents have objection to egg. Rather society need to be educated from ground up as to benefit of eggs in diet....so they become naturally ok with it. In mean time, lentils + pulses do job fine....the key thing to focus on first is sanitation and cleanliness (if you look at the malnutrition among kids main cause in India...its not diet based).

You tell me, say you had a kid, he goes to school, its ok for him to be fed pork for sake of argument of good protein density, even though its not your or broader social custom of the area and is against your express wishes as parent (and say you cannot afford private school or rural area has only govt school)? In fact you can't even stand the mere sight of a pig am I right? ...you complained when I posted a video that happened to have one I remember...just like your hate of dogs. I am glad both these creatures created by GOD, exist....every creature has a reason to exist you know.

This is also why complete govt education system is not the long term answer. There should be fuller participation of private sector (to provide supply), and govt just gives the subsidy directly to parents for funding (voucher system)...and thus they will have better choice.

Those that are fine with egg and whatever meat in diet, can send their kids to those schools. Govt just ensures basic standards and results...thats it. Then your ISKCON argument does not even manifest, because simply parents have the choice. But in status quo, they (ISKCON) provide something in a limited resource country....so it is not for you, sitting in your well off place, to deride them...till you substitute/dedicate to the cause they do....yourself first. Those kids would get far poorer or even nothing at all for their meal otherwise. Hope you understand.

Until late 2013 my weight was 45 kg and then I started eating two egg parathas for six times a week. In a few months my weight became 70.

Eggs are a great way to remove anemia and under-weight condition.

I agree, egg in diet (As child) is part of reason I have outgrown my parents considerably. My dad stands 1.65 m, mom around 1.56m....but I am 1.78 m and more heavy set too (and similar stories I know more broadly for south asian later well-fed generations). Basically its unlocking the genetic potential (apparently my mom's uncle was quite tall stature...though I never met him) by having good diet as a kid....but you also need to fix basic living conditions too health and cleanliness wise first.

Wow !! Who built that staircase ??

Some typical jugaad chalta hai types I bet lol. I for one likely won't dare scale it like that haha.

There will not be always high skilled jobs for everyone and especially with the size of India's population. Its simply not possible and if everyone gets high skilled jobs India will be a superpower on earth.

The manufacturing which brings in most of hard cash revenue, where Operators work in PCB plants have their title is Technician. Even that is a semi skilled job. If everyone becomes or get high skilled jobs, where there will be technicians or team administrator for making the company and economy work?

Getting good safety laws, promoting certifications and giving respect to all the jobs is the way forward. We need high skilled jobs too. But no state cannot create 5 lakh high skilled jobs per year. We are not California.

Read this report which is better model

https://scroll.in/article/912108/th...adesh-model-what-lies-ahead-for-india-in-2019

This is a popular scheme, but corruption is rampant among the school authorities.

In the south and parts of NE, it isn't as bad as it is in the BIMARU states.

I have tried a mid-day meal programme led by ISKCON in Karnataka for public schools. It is delicious, prepared by the mothers of the poor children and that ensures that the children get hygienic, safe, warm and delicious food.

Kudos to the vision of Mr Kamaraj who transformed the way children. May he find eternal peace in the world Beyond.

How come the report has anything to do what you or I said is beyond me. They are comparing states and I am talking of kinda jobs................
The report talking about high skill entrepreneurs and semi skilled labors. Since give you more examples like. It is matter of time you will find more high skilled entrepreneurs in TN than any other state.It is because of education nothing more than that.

Kudos to the vision of Mr Kamaraj who transformed the way children. May he find eternal peace in the world Beyond.

You want to know the power of Kamaraj?

He suppose to be PM of India after Jawaharlal Nehru dismiss but he paved way for Indra Gandhi

upload_2019-2-10_0-15-6.jpeg

upload_2019-2-10_0-16-22.jpeg

I was expecting to see either rice or roti. How come I didn't see either?

They alternate the meals available. So what you see today is not what you see another day. Another day would likely have rice and a curry...or roti and a curry etc.

Yes man. Dandy dresser. Pencil mooch.

Plus you're a cat man. :o:

Cheers, Doc

During my ban (second one, courtesy our friendly Iranian brothers) something really nice happened. In Poona.

I'm waiting for our friend to get active again.

Cheers, Doc

The "Hendi Manhoos!" Friend? Do tag me when you get things going again bruh. Always nice to watch that interaction hah. In mean time choose battles wisely sheesh....don't need to die on that Turkish mod bud.

You want to know the power of Kamaraj?

He suppose to be PM of India after Jawaharlal Nehru dismiss but he paved way for Indra Gandhi

View attachment 538141

View attachment 538142

The Nehru Dynasty hated anyone who had a grand vision for the country.

Thanks to them, an entire generation of wonderful visionary leaders were deprived of right positions to transform the country.

The report talking about high skill entrepreneurs and semi skilled labors. Since give you more examples like. It is matter of time you will find more high skilled entrepreneurs in TN than any other state.It is because of education nothing more than that.
I read that article and there was not a single word on High skilled entrepreneurs. It talks of poverty and social indices. Not on the quality of jobs.

Please dont behave like a novice. The article says there are 1 lakh factories in TN. Do you think everyone working in the factory are highly skilled? This is pure imagination. And that's what you are telling to rebutting your point? Have any idea how Electrical or Mechanical factories work? I dont wish to engage any further on this topic.

Please dont behave like a novice. The article says there are 1 lakh factories in TN. Do you think everyone working in the factory are highly skilled? This is pure imagination. And that's what you are telling to rebutting your point? Have any idea how Electrical or Mechanical factories work? I dont wish to engage any further on this topic.

Factories don’t employ semi skilled. There are skilled laborer. I talking about development of high skilled entrepreneurs for future so that they create jobs and eco systems not pakoda sellers

Back
Top Bottom