What's new

Trying India's FREE Government School Meal

AV, I agree with the standard of education needs to be improved but semi skilled in not way forward. we need to have more high skilled entrepreneurs then semi skilled labors. Since India has the huge population with need go to next step that skilled entrepreneur is the way forward.

There will not be always high skilled jobs for everyone and especially with the size of India's population. Its simply not possible and if everyone gets high skilled jobs India will be a superpower on earth.

The manufacturing which brings in most of hard cash revenue, where Operators work in PCB plants have their title is Technician. Even that is a semi skilled job. If everyone becomes or get high skilled jobs, where there will be technicians or team administrator for making the company and economy work?

Getting good safety laws, promoting certifications and giving respect to all the jobs is the way forward. We need high skilled jobs too. But no state cannot create 5 lakh high skilled jobs per year. We are not California.

I was expecting to see either rice or roti. How come I didn't see either?

I believe these formal education is nonsense. You can not make a boy capable of earning even after ten years of schooling. Rather I would say they should be trained in some vocation, profession like carpentry, masonry, electrical work, TV Repairing, Mobile repairing etc. so that they can earn their day to day expense from their skills.
Where would he learn how to read and write? And mathematics?

Odisha ppl know upma! :tup: It was common lunch for me at school my mom would give me.

I remember though you have connections by family now to south India though...that must have helped :)

I often prepare upma for my "little kitten". She is 5.
Great Thread.

There are people who question about meals given to our soldiers , based on one 'motivated' video.
Its a perfect food for thought , for them..provided they can ACTUALLY think.

and he has mastered the art of quoting!
6be267c1ed743d30a67d591ecf0a80d1c7d6a1f89349220135d9db51891f3acf.jpg

Typical Canteen food of a Chinese public school, free milk provided during the breaks

If the food like the OP video being provided to the Chinese kids, their parents will kill the school principals.
You guys don't give pulses to kids?

You guys don't give pulses to kids?
We have free balanced nutrition diet program for school in China, 学校平衡营养套餐 , school meals should contain balanced nutrition of diary, meat, eggs, vegetables and fruits.

We have free balanced nutrition diet program for school in China, 学校平衡营养套餐 , school meals should contain balanced nutrition of diary, meat, eggs, vegetables and fruits.
That'll be a bit expensive, we are not offering feast/buffet. Not yet. The main beneficiary of this scheme is poor kids, and this is case of just one state in Gujarat. This varies with different state.

Eggs were part of this scheme. And removed under the present dispensation.

@jamahir

Our diet sucks in protein as it is. And egg protein is the gold standard. Right up there with salmon and chicken breast. And costs nothing.

Cheers, Doc

That'll be a bit expensive, we are not offering feast/buffet. Not yet. The main beneficiary of this scheme is poor kids, and this is case of just one state in Gujarat. This varies with different state.
Covered by the government if you are from a poor family. As for daily diary, that's free for all and compulsary for all Chinese kids.

Last edited:
They give free meals to school children in India? That is very good initiative. Specially for underdeveloped regions. I wish these steps are taken in Pakistan too.
But one major concern should be healthcare measures and sanitation. I mean these are children of growing age. Home made food is clean and made with care. You don't want to feed young ones with Bacteria and Viruses Ridden Crap that most of low grade hotels or "Dhaabas" Serve. Better not serve at all if quality measures cannot be regulated. No need to make them eat dhaaba food and make them sick.
Still very positive thing.

Back
Top Bottom