What's new

Trying India's FREE Government School Meal

They give free meals to school children in India? That is very good initiative. Specially for underdeveloped regions. I wish these steps are taken in Pakistan too.
But one major concern should be healthcare measures and sanitation. I mean these are children of growing age. Home made food is clean and made with care. You don't want to feed young ones with Bacteria and Viruses Ridden Crap that most of low grade hotels or "Dhaabas" Serve. Better not serve at all if quality measures cannot be regulated. No need to make them eat dhaaba food and make them sick.
Still very positive thing.

Its very simple food. Changes according to local diet so that kids do not get a palate shock. There have been cases of corruption (food getting pilfered, ghost staff, billing, etc.) but by and large very few cases of bad food, where kids have gotten ill. No one would mess with kids. Political suicide.

For many of the families who benefit from this, the free mid-day meal would be the one proper meal of the day for the kid. Its really no small thing, considering we birth an Australia every year (26 million is our annual birth cohort)!

Cheers, Doc

Eggs were part of this scheme. And removed under the present dispensation.

@jamahir

Our diet sucks in protein as it is. And egg protein is the gold standard. Right up there with salmon and chicken breast. And costs nothing.

Cheers, Doc

My very point. Eggs are a cheap source of protein, especially if milk is not part of the meal. Of course you would know more about this.

The mistake is to involve religious groups like ISKCON in the mid-day meal program because they bring in their sense of morality.

By the way, welcome back.

More from Harald, before and after the OP video:

WARNING: do not watch if you suffer from vertigo/afraid of heights :P

Wow !! Who built that staircase ??

My very point. Eggs are a cheap source of protein, especially if milk is not part of the meal. Of course you would know more about this.

The mistake is to involve religious groups like ISKCON in the mid-day meal program because they bring in their sense of morality.

By the way, welcome back.

Wow !! Who built that staircase ??

Weight for weight, whole eggs (with the yolk) have 4 times as much protein and energy as milk. Its a no-contest really. Eggs are a wonder food. Period.

Cheers, Doc

Weight for weight, whole eggs (with the yolk) have 4 times as much protein and energy as milk. Its a no-contest really. Eggs are a wonder food. Period.

Cheers, Doc

Until late 2013 my weight was 45 kg and then I started eating two egg parathas for six times a week. In a few months my weight became 70.

Eggs are a great way to remove anemia and under-weight condition.

Until late 2013 my weight was 45 kg and then I started eating two egg parathas for six times a week. In a few months my weight became 70.

You were a half-haddi.

Cheers, Doc

You were a half-haddi.

Cheers, Doc
Puny humans :D
In my worst days i am 97 KG. Never underestimate the power of milk and pulses.

Btw welcome back Doc.

Puny humans :D
In my worst days i am 97 KG. Never underestimate the power of milk and pulses.

Btw welcome back Doc.

Thanks puttar.

In my best days I was flirting with the 1 quintal mark. :enjoy: This was about 8-9 years ago.

But 45 I must have been in 4th standard ... lol Before we moved from navy blue to khaki shorts.

Cheers, Doc

Thanks puttar.

In my best days I was flirting with the 1 quintal mark. :enjoy: This was about 8-9 years ago.

But 45 I must have been in 4th standard ... lol Before we moved from navy blue to khaki shorts.

Cheers, Doc
I thought him as our brethren Pathans but he turned out to be sissy boy. :X

@jamahir bhai dil tod diya.

I thought him as our brethren Pathans but he turned out to be sissy boy. :X

@jamahir bhai dil tod diya.

No man. If you've read his description of his dressing and his facial hair, that was exactly as I pictured him. :p:

Cheers, Doc

No man. If you've read his description of his dressing and his facial hair, that was exactly as I pictured him. :p:

Cheers, Doc
Do we cancel his citizenship in our new zoroastrian lala land. ( If you even consider us your blood) :D

Sorry, who, me ?? :what:

Myself ??
Oye shoo away puny human , we are no longer friends. :D

Sorry, who, me ?? :what:

Myself ??

Yes man. Dandy dresser. Pencil mooch.

Plus you're a cat man. :o:

Cheers, Doc

Do we cancel his citizenship in our new zoroastrian lala land. ( If you even consider us your blood) :D

During my ban (second one, courtesy our friendly Iranian brothers) something really nice happened. In Poona.

I'm waiting for our friend to get active again.

Cheers, Doc

Yes man. Dandy dresser. Pencil mooch.

Plus you're a cat man. :o:

Cheers, Doc

During my ban (second one, courtesy our friendly Iranian brothers) something really nice happened. In Poona.

I'm waiting for our friend to get active again.

Cheers, Doc
woah update me asap i need to put it on my history card.

Back
Top Bottom