What's new

Trump offered to mediate Kashmir dispute with Pakistan India

Both sides will have to compromise on solving the kashmir issue...
The only difference is that in india people have this grandiosity assumption of themselves and their armed forces.. As if they are invincibles..
Secondly their media is an expert in making a mole out of a mountain and a mouse into a lion so the same media will be the biggest factor in any settlement.
A ommon indian is hostage to its media and its perception are based on the filth that is uttered on different news channels rather than what are facts.

India is just playing for time, counting on its economy to resolve such issues for it. And they are probably not wrong in doing that.

You obviously missed the bit where IK told trump in response that it cost us $150b and 70k lives!! But that's expected of you!
Bhai, I just went through the tweet posted by a Pakistani. I am not that fokat to listen to a Prime Minister of some country which has no standing in world.

India is just playing for time, counting on its economy to resolve such issues for it. And they are probably not wrong in doing that.
Seriously, I believe the Pakistani Generals who are the main drivers for these decisions are living in some delusional world. Machosim is driving foreign policy which has led to such a situation in Pakistan. I heard at one point in time its economy was doing better than India.

But unless he takes the offer Back or india refuses it, the offer is public and being discussed.

He gets to kill two Birds with one stone. You are trying to kill a stone with the bird.
India refuses? I don't think you understand India's position on mediation.

I believe economy to be as a secondary reason for india...
Its east is littered with independence movements... And on west is khalistan.. On the south the struggle to ban beef, introduce hindi as a language in schools and offices followed by the recent floods in kaerala has sown seeds over decades that is growing into a cactus or acacia forest. Mind you the tamils, kaeralites, karnataka, andrah and telanga make up most if not 2/5 of all the indians abroad. Tamils and kaeralites are most pro independence of the five.
Anyways,
If india let kashmir go its like starting a BBQ right next to an LPG terminal... Its a matter of time tht it will lead to an inferno. Thus she must save as much of it as it can and thus the musharafs chenab formula was gulpable by some of them.

I believe economy to be as a secondary reason for india...
Its east is littered with independence movements... And on west is khalistan.. On the south the struggle to ban beef, introduce hindi as a language in schools and offices followed by the recent floods in kaerala has sown seeds over decades that is growing into a cactus or acacia forest. Mind you the tamils, kaeralites, karnataka, andrah and telanga make up most if not 2/5 of all the indians abroad. Tamils and kaeralites are most pro independence of the five.
Anyways,
If india let kashmir go its like starting a BBQ right next to an LPG terminal... Its a matter of time tht it will lead to an inferno. Thus she must save as much of it as it can and thus the musharafs chenab formula was gulpable by some of them.

These independence movements have been around for decades and it has not impeded India development. And forget about the Khalistan movement. It is dead and will remain dead. As for resentment south India resentment of the north, that was always there. Unfortunately, they are too busy fighting among themselves to counter it.

It's kind of interesting you are giving a warning about India's various independence movements given that Pakistan hasn't learned a thing after its loss of East Pakistan.

These independence movements have been around for decades and it has not impeded India development. And forget about the Khalistan movement. It is dead and will remain dead. As for resentment south India resentment of the north, that was always there. Unfortunately, they are too busy fighting among themselves to counter it.

It's kind of interesting you are giving a warning about India's various independence movements given that Pakistan hasn't learned a thing after its loss of East Pakistan.
Firstly the eastern movements have gained momentum in the past few decades.. Modi dealing with them has slowed things a bit... But it will reignite.
About south india, its the itch by the centr that ignites the fire... The statements inrecent past whch were pro hindi, pro beef ban and the kaerla floods have just made it a bit more open.
About khalistan, well lets say its dead,.... Then why the itch.. Why the delaying tactics... Open up the kartarpur corridor and allow free movement and then "wait for the surprise "
Qbout east pakistan, well we did learn and r just returning the favour.
Lastly
If u have facts to refute anything i said above then be my guest and lets have a discussion but in case u need to troll and bring every other topic in ur msgs (whch most of u r... But do surprise me by remaining civil and to the topic) then dont expect a reply.

Trump isn't smart enough to lie like that. He likely never heard of Kashmir before Modi asked him.

Yes. Trump almost certainly told the truth.
And what's wrong with Modi asking Trump to mediate? A little back-channel diplomacy won't hurt the billion plus people of the Subcontinent. We had come close to some understandings about Kashmir during Musharraf era.

Maybe now that Modi is re-elected, maybe that Modi realizes that Pakistan is not going to be a walk in the park, maybe that Modi realizing that the Indian-influence in Afghanistan is past it's peak, maybe that Modi realizes that Pakistan's rich/powerful friend will keep bailing out Pakistan... so some olive branch doesn't hurt.

Having said all this--Trump is not be trusted for any words he utters. The guy simply is a SPOILED FRAT BOY who doesn't care much for much unless his own skin is being pinched.

Seriously, I believe the Pakistani Generals who are the main drivers for these decisions are living in some delusional world. Machosim is driving foreign policy which has led to such a situation in Pakistan. I heard at one point in time its economy was doing better than India.

There are many good reasons why Pakistani Generals are at the center of their very own planet, and their world revolving around them.

I don't favor browbeating anyone into negotiations either with economy or military. There are hundreds of amicable solutions to these problems. The mindset on both sides does not exist to solve anything.

At this point as I have repeated for quite long, dis-engage, keep lines of comms open, de-escalate on hostility. If you cannot be friendly neighbors, don't foster enmity.

I don't favor browbeating anyone into negotiations either with economy or military. There are hundreds of amicable solutions to these problems. The mindset on both sides does not exist to solve anything.

At this point as I have repeated for quite long, dis-engage, keep lines of comms open, de-escalate on hostility. If you cannot be friendly neighbors, don't foster enmity.

The economy has its own way of creating "persuasion", no browbeating required. And what's more, the rules governing it are absolutely the same for everyone.

IK shattered hundred walls. He spoke plainly and candidly and that plain honesty became a masterstroke. We would know later how many achievements he got for Pakistan, but some:
1. India's unclean politico-diplomatic offensive to make Pakistan a pariah state in pieces.
2. Pakistan and USA both will work together to solve Afganistan quagmire.
3. IK has single handedly diffused tension with Iran, i will say almost, but he has made big reverberations.
4. Kashmir has come to the front again.
5. And this is big one, India is now totally out of Afghanistan settlement and out of the region too.

P.S. Background work by Bajwa cannot be underestimated but without the channel of IK, nothing could have been realized.

Whole of World Chessboard just shook....the whole world is still trying to understand the strategic implications of Trump-Khan visit and meeting in USA. Massive success by Pakistani Military Establishment and Imran Khan PTI Government....What will happen next.. left a big impact.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom