What's new

Trump offered to mediate Kashmir dispute with Pakistan India

When was the last time US solved a problem anywhere in the world ? No one has experienced this first hand better ( actually worse) than your nation.

Next, you guys are relatively new to the machinations of Politicians & their spoken word. Since 1947 till now we have seen 13 US Presidents each ( may) have suggested something or the other . Indian policy has remained steadfast- 'No thank you'

As regards trolling , India does not get trolled so fast. The Seventh Fleet , sanctions etc did not deter us from what we felt was right for our national interests , why should things change now ?

Sit back & enjoy the ride
But Pakistan was isolated.

A terrorist pariah state.
Nobody gives any importance to Pakistan but India which is a superpower with flag on moon.

Moe D said he has isolated Pakistan.

Is that's how isolation is supposed to look like?

You utterly failed to get the point @The Eagle was trying to make. He clearly mentioned that Trump's statement won't change anything on ground. What this whole episode shows is that fact that Pakistan's image has improved tremendously despite facing rabid propaganda. Relationships with GCC, China, Russia and now USA have improved causing stomach ache to a billion people. And don't forget the main agenda for the talks i.e Afghanistan which will have zero Indian role in it despite a multi-billion dollar Bharti investment destined to go down the drain.

And that is fine, but if a moderator is baiting straw incidence to generalize a nationality, I am going to point it out. As far as foreign policy, Pakistan threw its a door open to US to it's own detriment across the cold war + 15 years, now it's doing the same vis-a-vis china.
So Pakistan staying neutral after 9/11 was a possibility? The exodus of AQ from Afghanistan to Pakistan post-invasion would have drawn us in regardless of our neutrality.
Stoping AQ or it's US pursuers from crossing over would've ended our neutrality right there and then. Add to that 196 countries siding with the US at UN.

Then the same bunch accuses us of playing double games and harboring Haqqanis and whatnot. Can you make up your mind first about us acting as slaves or pursuing our interests of harboring enemies of a super power and succeeding at that?

Had we been slaves for couple of jets, there would've been no nuclear program and no JF17 for starters.

If I could decipher the coherence in the response, I would respond aptly, so gather your thoughts and respond when you have something concrete.

Concrete has no meaning for the likes of you, as you didn't pay attention to my first post rather chose to reply for the sake of reply and throw some tantrum merely to act big and feel good. As said, in other words, you had the choice to not to but reply as such manners speaks volume of being desperate to paint a rosy picture of India's state of affairs since IK Trump meeting. We don't expect much from US relations and had convinced ourselves long ago but you failed to read that part. Did I invited you to type gibberish in the last of your post? you call it concrete? Or I should believe that it is called "Indian way of concrete"?

@VCheng if you are hurt too much and can't take it, stay away from the screen and save our time as well as the bandwidth. You Don't need to pretend what you are not.

Regards,

But Pakistan was isolated.

A terrorist pariah state.
Nobody gives any importance to Pakistan but India which is a superpower with flag on moon.

Moe D said he has isolated Pakistan.

Is that's how isolation is supposed to look like?

You utterly failed to get the point @The Eagle was trying to make. He clearly mentioned that Trump's statement won't change anything on ground. What this whole episode shows is that fact that Pakistan's image has improved tremendously despite facing rabid propaganda. Relationships with GCC, China, Russia and now USA have improved causing stomach ache to a billion people. And don't forget the main agenda for the talks i.e Afghanistan which will have zero Indian role in it despite a multi-billion dollar Bharti investment destined to go down the drain.

So Pakistan staying neutral after 9/11 was a possibility? The exodus of AQ from Afghanistan to Pakistan post-invasion would have drawn us in regardless of our neutrality.
Stoping AQ or it's US pursuers from crossing over would've ended our neutrality right there and then. Add to that 196 countries siding with the US at UN.

Then the same bunch accuses us of playing double games and harboring Haqqanis and whatnot. Can you make up your mind first about us acting as slaves or pursuing our interests of harboring enemies of a super power and succeeding at that?

Had we been slaves for couple of jets, there would've been no nuclear program and no JF17 for starters.

You are trying to put too much sense into a space where it doesn't matter whenever the name of Pakistan appears in the screen. Imagine the hardships to make some peace in the region where simple things need to be explained thousand times.

Whatever Trump said, really put India on burner and that is the achievement. Whether he was serious or not; does not affect much nor we expect big on the ground. These statements are good enough to show Pakistan's change of diplomatic strategy as well as progress in regard to image building & strengthening relations which is proven in this thread alone.

What this whole episode shows is that fact that Pakistan's image has improved tremendously despite facing rabid propaganda. Relationships with GCC, China, Russia and now USA have improved causing stomach ache to a billion people

When a nation owes so much money to the world, efforts are made to keep it afloat .

@VCheng if you are hurt too much and can't take it, stay away from the screen and save our time as well as the bandwidth. You Don't need to pretend what you are not.

Regards,

I have no desire to protest against your petty vindictiveness. Please do whatever you feel is necessary as is your right.

Back on topic, it would be really a step forward if tripartite mediation talks are announced at some point as a tangible step forward based on what the US President has said.

Firstly the eastern movements have gained momentum in the past few decades.. Modi dealing with them has slowed things a bit... But it will reignite.
About south india, its the itch by the centr that ignites the fire... The statements inrecent past whch were pro hindi, pro beef ban and the kaerla floods have just made it a bit more open.
About khalistan, well lets say its dead,.... Then why the itch.. Why the delaying tactics... Open up the kartarpur corridor and allow free movement and then "wait for the surprise "
Qbout east pakistan, well we did learn and r just returning the favour.
Lastly
If u have facts to refute anything i said above then be my guest and lets have a discussion but in case u need to troll and bring every other topic in ur msgs (whch most of u r... But do surprise me by remaining civil and to the topic) then dont expect a reply.

First of all, you didn't bring up any facts yourself but gross generalizations. Please provide evidence on what you said, including:

1. That "eastern movements" have gained momentum. Really? How?
  2. There's always been tension between South Indians and North Indians, but where's the proof it's going to catch on fire?
  3. And what does Kartarpur corridor have to do with Khalistan movement? Nothing.
I await your reply, assuming you have one.

5. And this is big one, India is now totally out of Afghanistan settlement and out of the region too.

Good. Does this mean that if there's another terrorist attack from Afghanistan, you won't be blaming India anymore?

Seriously, as long as Iran is in the picture, India will have a hand to play in Afghanistan.

I have no desire to protest against your petty vindictiveness. Please do whatever you feel is necessary as is your right.

Don't discuss people in first place. The key word is "mirror" if one dares to speak of petty vindictiveness.

Time is ticking away at a chance for peace

Yes, but it has been ticking away for decades and decades now already. Maintaining a stalemate has its own value for both sides over the issue, in the hopes of resolving it at some point in the future.

Yes, but it has been ticking away for decades and decades now already. Maintaining a stalemate has its own value for both sides over the issue, in the hopes of resolving it at some point in the future.

Tomorrow is here and its too late

Why modi not responding to Trump???? reason
960x0.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/07/24/modi-off-to-a-shaky-start-in-india/#55e7d1e944c8

First of all, you didn't bring up any facts yourself but gross generalizations. Please provide evidence on what you said, including:

1. That "eastern movements" have gained momentum. Really? How?
  2. There's always been tension between South Indians and North Indians, but where's the proof it's going to catch on fire?
  3. And what does Kartarpur corridor have to do with Khalistan movement? Nothing.
I await your reply, assuming you have one.

Good. Does this mean that if there's another terrorist attack from Afghanistan, you won't be blaming India anymore?

Seriously, as long as Iran is in the picture, India will have a hand to play in Afghanistan.

Firstly i did not invite you to quote me and derail the topic by ur false facts and post. Secondly your reply above is typical of indians.. i.e. counter a question with a question.. my point was in reply to a seasoned and mature poster @VCheng where i humbly put forward my suggestion in response to his post that rather than economic india was more worried about separatist movements littered across north-east, kashmir and dissent in south and then you jumped in with east pakistan (bangladesh) and etc.

Anyways, just so that you are given a chance to prove your point that there is no uprising or growing insurgency or separatist movement; here are a few references related to ONLY north - east india.
Do note that I have tried to exclude manyyy pakistani origin articles or articles by people living in the west who can be debated as of Pakistani origin...rather i have included a few indian writers as well. Moreover i have also included in orange the year of article in front of the title and you will see that majority of the articles are from 2016 and on wards thus can be taken as current.
Also note that if you want me to refresh your memory with news cuttings of violence or killings then i can surely do that too but will restrict myself to articles for now.
Lastly as mentioned above i have mainly avoided articles for kashmir, naxalites, khalistan or kaeralites / tamils. Lets agree to deal with them one by one... shall we.
Edit: same way kartarpur corridor is a source of concern and can lead to khalistan movement getting active is something an imbecile can see as well. You just need to see the source and method the khalistan movement is being propagated, the 2020 refrendum and why main indian leaders and parties were wary of attending the inauguration ceremony of this corridor. As an eye wash they can accuse Pakistan for every violent act to every fly killed in west india for all i care as you cant hide the truth. One just needs to connect dot a with b.
so lets start with north east india, here goes..
Now @cloud4000 please restrict yourself to the topic in question. Do not include any pak, east pak / bangla or any tom dick and harry subject as that is not what i wrote in my post that made you reply or that is not what you wrote against which i am replying now. I expect that like me you will try to be civil and post references mainly from last 5 to 6 years which are majorly either international or Pakistani authors who will refute the points above. Granted Pakistani reference is a long shot but so were Indian ones before i spent 5 mins on google.

@Arsalan @waz and other mods... my apologies for this off topic post. If the gentleman in question comes back with a specific and to the point reply then i will open a new thread or request you to shift you the messages to a newer one.

Last edited:
my point was in reply to a seasoned and mature poster @VCheng where i humbly put forward my suggestion in response to his post that rather than economic india was more worried about separatist movements littered across north-east, kashmir and dissent in south

Apologies, I must have missed the tag. I have already been given a ban warning over my posts in this thread, so pardon me if I reduce my participation here.

On topic, you are correct in pointing out that India has many more issues to deal with with potential implications for its integrity than just Kashmir. Some would argue that the same holds true for Pakistan too, but it may not be a permissible thing to say here, so please ignore that.

Trump as a US president doesn't need to lie, why should he ? Indian suppose to refrain from to blame him as liar to prevailing their dominated dishonesty & lie culture on him . If Indian are so true then why don't Modi comes to eyes of Trump and say him you are liar to making such stories. We all knows that Modi doesn't have b****

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom