What's new

Trump Moves to Deport Vietnam War Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

somsak

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

The Trump administration is resuming its efforts to deport certain protected Vietnamese immigrants who have lived in the United States for decades—many of them having fled the country during the Vietnam War.

Read more....

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
This is the latest move in the president’s long record of prioritizing harsh immigration and asylum restrictions, and one that’s sure to raise eyebrows—the White House had hesitantly backed off the plan in August before reversing course. In essence, the administration has now decided that Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in the country before the establishment of diplomatic ties between the United States and Vietnam are subject to standard immigration law—meaning they are all eligible for deportation.

The new stance mirrors White House efforts to clamp down on immigration writ large, a frequent complaint of the president’s on the campaign trail and one he links to a litany of ills in the United States.

Last edited:
Come back to Viet Nam nowadays is not a bad thing, my country is advancing very fast and the standard of living is not only cheap but also improved day by day. On top of that, people who came back can enjoy living among peers and relatives.
However, there is a fine line between our people and those who work for foreign interest. I think VN has no intention to host a destabilize force coming from the US.

Wait a minutes, don't we have a Vietnamese Refuge who said that he was a USAF Jet fighter Pilot in this forum? Will Trump deported him too, like the other? Will Vietnamese people accept him. as he can be suspected to work as a Foreign Interest that can disturb the peace in Vietnam?

Why should anyone complain? They did major mistakes: failed to become US citizens and committed crimes. It’s bad for those unfortunate individuals but ...they should have known it.

If that is the case he will not be touch at all, he is contributing to US.
Those poor fellas Trump want to kick out are those with criminal records, jobless and causing trouble.
For those are still not revoke VN citizenship, VN is their country and some already return, otherwise, well, we may refuse.

Last edited:
Come back to Viet Nam nowadays is not a bad thing, my country is advancing very fast and the standard of living is not only cheap but also improved day by day. On top of that, people who came back can enjoy living among peers and relatives.
However, there is a fine line between our people and those who work for foreign interest. I think VN has no intention to host a destabilize force coming from the US.
I wss in vietnam in may and its amazing place

AP_804138112628-e1544649469298.jpg

@gambit, @jhungary you are in danger :cry:

We kept trying to tell you that you could never amount to more than "yellow swine" in the white man's eyes, but you wouldn't believe us :(
China would have been more benign and respectful to them. We are not interested to invade them at all, just give us back our islands which you rob when KMT retreated.

We kept trying to tell you that you could never amount to more than "yellow swine" in the white man's eyes, but you wouldn't believe us :(

First of all, they cannot Deport me, I was born in the US, I never had Vietnam Citizenship, they can deport me back to Kansas.

Second of all, you do know every country, including China, deport refugee if they failed their character test right?

https://www.change.org/p/chinese-government-stop-deporting-north-korean-refugees-in-china

Getting asylum is one thing, following the law to your new host country is another, asylum status is nothing more than a permanent residence, in some case, even if you gain citizenship of a country, you can still be deported, depending on how serious of a crime you had committed.

You committed crime, then you need to go, refugee does not mean you are above prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom