What's new

"Trucker carrying drugs to India has Diplomatic immunity"says Pakistan.

pakistan market has indian goods (flooded.. really?) because we sell goods to you and you sell to us. It does not need to come from afgan supply.

In case of Afghan-Transit route, smugglers save taxes and duties,

NEW DELHI: India has summoned Pakistan’s Deputy High Commissioner in India over Pakistan’s decision to suspend the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad Bus and Truck Service following the alleged smuggling case of a Pakistani truck driver involved in cross-border trade with India, according to Press Trust of India.

India had detained a truck driver from Azad Kashmir for allegedly smuggling drugs in the garb of cross-Line of Control (LoC) trade.

As Pakistan demanded that the driver be released, India refused. Talks stalemated with Pakistan detaining 27 Indian truck drivers in Azad Kashmir in a tit-for-tat move, with Indian Kashmir officials detaining 48 more trucks from Pakistan.

On January 19, the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Travel and Trade Authority (Tata) announced it would suspend the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad Bus and Truck Service until India released the drivers.

Possibility of propaganda

Talking to The Express Tribune on Sunday, TATA Director General (DG) Brig (retd) Muhammad Ismail said this was the second time India had spread ‘malicious propaganda’ against traders from AJK. He called for introducing a joint mechanism to avoid the suspension of cross-LoC trade.

“In the future, if authorities on either side of the ceasefire line recover any prohibited items from trucks moving across the LoC, it must be brought into the notice of the other side immediately,” he said.

“Making such claims without any proof or proper investigation will only benefit those who want to close the bus service and cross-LoC trade for good.” Brig Ismail said the manner in which Indian authorities recovered drugs from one of the trucks created doubts about the incident. “The presence of the Indian media and Anti-Narcotics Force when the recovery was made creates the impression that it was a drama planned to coincide with Commerce Minister Khurram Dastagir Khan’s talks with his counterpart in New Delhi.”

In response to a query as to why India would make ‘false claims’, the TATA DG said some elements in the Indian military did not want enhanced trade ties with Pakistan.

On Monday, TATA wrote a letter to the Foreign Office asking them to take up the matter with Indian High Commission and Pakistani High Commissioner in New Delhi.

Meanwhile, the Indian Jammu and Kashmir police have registered an FIR against the AJK truck driver Muhammad Shafiq who was accused of smuggling the drugs.

The DG Tata added that Indians have failed to provide proof of drug smuggling so far.

India summons Pak Deputy High Commissioner over Kashmir trade suspension – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
First of all its not Azad Kashmir its Azad Kashmir and only O is in Indian Occupied Kashmir, so correct your facts and then we discussed
Is so called azad kashmir ki khud ki fauj kahan hai...khud ki currency kya hai...

Probably flawed comparison and will leave it at that.. But really, hard to believe a trucker not knowing what he is carrying.. Ultimately he is responsible for the delivery..

I believe that letting them go just like that will actually promote the idea of trying this out by others hoping that similar lenient stance will be taken by the govt on future offenses.. And really, how is peace linked to this. A Pakistani committing crime in India and caught with evidence (and vice versa) needs to go thru the legal process associated with the crime.

Also, I dont think the Pak govt or state dept has approached India for the release of this driver. Have they ?? I might have missed it
The driver is responsible for the delivery, not what is being delivered.

It's entirely linked to peace. Don't you think that conservatives on either side won't use this as an excuse to heighten tensions?

Still, we're not hearing anymore about it. Either the case has been resolved, or neither gov cares.

The driver is responsible for the delivery, not what is being delivered.

It's entirely linked to peace. Don't you think that conservatives on either side won't use this as an excuse to heighten tensions?

Still, we're not hearing anymore about it. Either the case has been resolved, or neither gov cares.

I read on Dawn.com I was think, that Pakistan suspended trade and India summoned the Pakistani diplomatic official.

Anyway, would like to see more security systems in place on both sides of the border, but keep calm about it.

At least they weren't transporting weapons. :D

@That Guy Aren't you the guy that likes Black wimminz?

There is a x ray machine installed at the border/loc crossing, every truck is checked.

They're not always 100% reliable, because they don't always show what exactly is in the truck. As such, physical checks are sometimes required.

I was going to post a rebuttal, but your idea holds merit. This has the potential to sabotage the recent opening up of trade.

Spending 20 years in a hellish Indian prison does nothing really.

And it spoils the potential of warming up of relation because the actions of a few criminals.

Sorry for my friend over there, I apologise :-)

Haha, that's probably a natural reaction. I'm guilty of it too.

Dear TT/anlst, you are asking too much price for peace as usual, which no country in this glob can pay.So plz keep your peace, you will need it in FATA, Karachi, baluchistan and wziristan. HAM AENWE HE THEEK HAI.

It's not a high price, you're just making it out to be one. What would you rather have? Constant conflict? I'm glad most people on here don't think like you do.

#That Guy, do you also report the posters who abuse and insult hindus ??

In fact, I do report people who abuse and insult hindus on PDF. I've even warned them in the past that such behavior is likely to get them banned.

Don't assume you know me, or my way of thinking. It's insulting to everyone's intelligence.

You are really talking like the cosigner of that goods. I am amazed by your understanding of morality.
Instead of insulting me and questioning my morality, how about you actually try and post a rebuttal.

The fact that both Pakistan AND Indian members on here agree with my stance (at least to some extent), shows just how wrong you are.

Drug offense cant be easily let off mate. There is life imprisonment for that . But however I am ok with fine and letting the driver go. Even fine is a great comedown from the POV of India. Lets hope first the driver is innocent.
The drivers are probably innocent, most don't care what they're transporting and don't bother asking. Still, while I don't agree with it, I think a fine would be the best option. That way both nations save face.

Last edited:
@That Guy ,India does not hold all the cards,Pakistan has also arrested Indian drivers in retaliation......

But it's India's decision if they want to continue to press charges, don't they? Pakistan has little to negotiate with, and not lose face. The ball is in India's court, what is their decision.

but not to the same extent, a mention here and their isn't the same as front page news. In fact, you have to go out of your way to find the Pakistani reports.

Open the border to smugglers paradise......

But it's India's decision if they want to continue to press charges, don't they? Pakistan has little to negotiate with, and not lose face. The ball is in India's court, what is their decision.

You know how this song and dance ends my friend.

You know how this song and dance ends my friend.

Hopefully, it's going to blow over. The only thing I can see going wrong is India going ahead and pressing charges, which will affect the recent warming of (trade) relations.

I read on Dawn.com I was think, that Pakistan suspended trade and India summoned the Pakistani diplomatic official.

Anyway, would like to see more security systems in place on both sides of the border, but keep calm about it.

At least they weren't transporting weapons. :D

Dawn did report it, but it was on the bottom of the site, other words, not front page news worthy.

@That Guy Aren't you the guy that likes Black wimminz?

I love my chocolate-honies. ♥♥♥
EBONY_040349_v1s.jpg

Hopefully, it's going to blow over. The only thing I can see going wrong is India going ahead and pressing charges, which will affect the recent warming of (trade) relations.

Dawn did report it, but it was on the bottom of the site, other words, not front page news worthy.

I love my chocolate-honies. ♥♥♥
EBONY_040349_v1s.jpg

PDF is not exactly the place to discuss the issue. Every hurt, ego clash is amplified and magnified to the point of distortion.

Both sides make tall claims.

As I said before, drug smugglers in both countries have practiced Aman ki Asha for decades. It's only now the governments are catching up :D

The LoC standoff has taken a new spin after Pakistan defied all the international conventions and claimed diplomatic immunity for a trucker who has been arrested by J&K police for smuggling Rs 100 crore worth narcotics from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) into the Valley.

1954561.jpg

“Director general of trade and travel of Azad Kashmir (Brigadier (retd) Mohammad Ismail Khan) told us during a meeting that the driver (caught with brown sugar) has a diplomatic immunity. We told them do they really believe that drivers (plying cross LoC trucks) have diplomatic immunity. We also told them to show us any order which says that they have the diplomatic immunity,” Shailendra Kumar, divisional commissioner of Kashmir, told dna.

The standoff began on Friday when Jammu and Kashmir police arrested a Azad Kashmir driver after 114 packets of contraband brown sugar worth Rs100 crore were recovered from a his truck. A local trader, who was to receive the consignment, has also been arrested in the valley.

Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) authorities have detained 27 Indian drivers along with their trucks demanding the release of Pakistani driver along with truck and the consignment of brown sugar. Pakistani authorities have also refused to receive 48 drivers and their trucks that had arrived here on Friday.

“We asked them to speak to your higher ups. It is our land and our law will take its course. We have no authority to release the driver. The matter is before the courts which will only decide,” said Kumar.

Jammu and Kashmir government has written to the centre to take the stand off issue with Pakistan through the diplomatic channels. This followed the communication from the district development commissioner of Baramulla GA Khawja to J&K government to take up the issue with the external affairs ministry for perusal of matter with Pakistan.

Trucker has diplomatic cover: Pakistan - India - DNA
I knew Pakistanis were a little light at the top but THIS light! It takes the cake -:)

but not to the same extent, a mention here and their isn't the same as front page news. In fact, you have to go out of your way to find the Pakistani reports.

Indian government can't interfere now, since FIR has been lodged and judiciary would see what is to be done. India is not suffering as much as local Kashmiries are suffering.If Pakistan champions their cause with heart then should back off or else dead lock continues.

@That Guy

South Asian Men are blined by their love for fair skinned wimminz to enjoy Dark Chocolate =P

Now you are twisting facts. You asked for Pakistani link and I gave you by simply goggling that and that's not out of way. I can give you 7-8 Pakistani news link and in India too it's not front page news.

Back
Top Bottom