What's new

TRADE WITH INDIA NEED OF THE HOUR, SAYS ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER ON COMMERCE RAZAK DAWOOD

He is welcome to his opinion and I agree with him, but it can never happen until Article 370 is reversed.

Do you still think it will be reversed?....... To me, that Modi is not a U-turner like our leaders.

He is looking for cheaper raw imports
For example if we want to import wheat it'll be cheaper to get from India than from any other country
Same with a lot of other raw materials like coal for coal plant (I am making up random things for example)

This is why he is saying what he is saying- not interested in India as export destination but looking towards cheaper imports who they want to either
A- consume
B- add value

(Btw I don't agree with him)

Where did he say this or is this just your belief? Either way that's not going to happen. When has India offered to export raw materials to us? They haven't. You know why? B/c they're not dumb enough to help our industry. Nor do we have anything to offer them in return for making it an attractive proposition to them.

For the record, China is already helping us develop better wheat varieties & working with us to improve farming practices. Can india provide us with that? No. We also have plenty of coal. Why bother with india when we can get it cheaply ourselves? We don't NEED India for raw materials. Supplementary at best.

Last edited:
Stop lying Indian,
It comes naturally, according to nut jobs. Who am I to argue?
Do you still think it will be reversed?....... To me, that Modi is not a U-turner like our leaders.
It is illegal, and there are 22 petitions pending in the Supreme Court, that have not been taken up because it is obvious what pressure will be brought to bear on individual judges on any bench constituted for the purpose during the tenure of the present government.

I have pointed out earlier, and do so again, there are precise and clear previous judgements saying that Art. 370 cannot be legally rescinded; the procedure laid down in the Article itself clearly stipulated one procedure and one procedure only - that the J&K State Constituent Assembly would formally inform the Indian legislature (Indian constitution-making finished six years before the J&K constitution was finished and promulgated) that they had completed their work, and then and only then would this Article be rescinded by the Indian legislature. Since the J&K Constituent Assembly was dissolved by its own motion, and not adjourned sine die, it no longer exists, and there is no possibility of the Indian legislature being informed.

This is for the record, and against the action of the central government of the day; the fact is that Art. 370 was an anomaly, and if you have the patience to look at the record, has been used to push in many actions that the J&K state legislature would never have consented to. It was a tool that was useful to busybodies in Delhi, and one of the reasons why politics in the state was always forced to look over its shoulder.

Since the state had a constitution, legally framed under the Indian constitution, and accepted by it, you may judge for yourself the value of the present government decision dissolving the state and dividing it into union territories, ruled directly by a Lt. Governor on the instructions of the Centre. Constitutionally, it is nonsense.

The need of the hour is to kick the traitors and corrupts and those who seek short sighted solutions out of the country.

@maithil seems like your struck a nerve on this one

You are parading corpses' of your citizens and foaming over what KIA soldiers from Indo-Chinese clashes might have looked like.

You can keep yourself to these rituals.

I fully support every Pakistani to proudly brandish bloodied pictures of Baloch insurgents etc, I am sure it will do wonders for the Baloch COIN strategy

Keep seething on Bajwa as he gets more extensions

Hehehe.. Impotent rage . Tch tch.. Imagine their reaction when they start finding their markets full of Made in UAE Patanjali products..

With China more than eager to help, the need for additional trade between India and Pakistan has been reduced substantially. If and when things get better between us we can open our tourist areas to each other. Or, to put it differently, start granting tourist visas. Not everyone may want to visit 'touristy' places.

Hehehe.. Impotent rage . Tch tch.. Imagine their reaction when they start finding their markets full of Made in UAE Patanjali products..

Why would Pakistanis buy this Baba Ramdev fake Ayurved garbage even if it was stamped made in UAE?

Most of it is sub-par trash not fit for consumption even by animals.

Even in India most states have banned at least some of their products.

A true fly-by-night outfit if I ever saw one - selling Coronil tablets as cure for Covid.

With China more than eager to help, the need for additional trade between India and Pakistan has been reduced substantially. If and when things get better between us we can open our tourist areas to each other. Or, to put it differently, start granting tourist visas. Not everyone may want to visit 'touristy' places.

Your largest number of tourists (and shoppers) come from Bangladesh.

Sanghi ingrates hardly mention this anywhere - and call them 'termites'.

Now you want to add Pakistanis to the sucker list.

Any revival of trade between India and Pakistan will benefit both as well as to the region also.

Trade relations between SAARC countries will always benefit entire region. If we involve ASEAN & SCO countries then I don’t think we need any western countries to do business or dictate us.

LAHORE: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production, and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood has said trade with India is the need of the hour and beneficial to both countries.

Also, Russia wanted to do investment in the field of construction and lay pipelines in Pakistan, he said on Sunday.

“As far as the ministry of commerce is concerned, its position is to do trade with India. And my stance is that we should do trade with India and it should be opened now,” Mr Dawood said in an interaction with media at an exhibition on engineering and healthcare organised by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan.

“The trade with India is very beneficial to all, especially Pakistan. And I support it,” he added.

About the exports to Afghanistan, the advisor said his ministry had increased the number of exporting items to Afghanistan (in Pakistan rupee) to 17. “Still various businessmen are contacting me to include their articles / items in this list as they also want to export their goods to Afghanistan in Pak rupee,” he claimed.

Talking about the trade relations with Russia, Mr Dawood said Pakistan’s exports to Russia and the countries bordering it (central Asia) and others required immediate attention and growth. “So we need to open this trade. And that is why we are going there,” he said, adding that Russia wanted to work in Pakistan in the fields of laying pipelines, constructions etc.

As for exports, he said the textile exports would reach Rs21 billion target in FY 2021-22 ending on June 30. The next year’s textile exports target is Rs27 billion. But the country should diversify its exports since its products range is squeezed. “Our major export destinations are Europe, North America (especially the USA) and China. But our range of products needs to be increased. And I think, our engineering and healthcare-related goods can be added in the list of exports,” he said.

He admitted skyrocketing prices and their adverse impact on the common people. “I agree with you on this issue. But this issue will persist due to imports of oil, raw material, machinery and other goods,” Mr Dawood said.

Published in Dawn, February 21st, 2022

Firing him need of the hour

Stop lying Indian,
Post reported. You could have kept it civil.

Any revival of trade between India and Pakistan will benefit both as well as to the region also.

Trade relations between SAARC countries will always benefit entire region. If we involve ASEAN & SCO countries then I don’t think we need any western countries to do business or dictate us.
Well, that is BRI for you right there.

Welcome suggestion. We need to rebuild people-to-people contacts. This would be far easier had BJP govt not trashed Article 370. Now any 'normalization' from Pakistan's perspective looks like capitulation. Not good at this time.

We don't need cow urine laced trash. Keep it to yoursleves.

We do not take advice from Pakistani's too ashamed or just childishly devious in using false flags.
Your posting history screams Pakistani with not an ounce of genuine criticism of India and its policies.
There is not even the slightest understanding of India.

So you stick to commenting on Pakistan please and leave Indians to Indians and Pakistani's not ashamed of their flag
The irony of an Indian addressing another Indian like this.

It comes naturally, according to nut jobs. Who am I to argue?

It is illegal, and there are 22 petitions pending in the Supreme Court, that have not been taken up because it is obvious what pressure will be brought to bear on individual judges on any bench constituted for the purpose during the tenure of the present government.

I have pointed out earlier, and do so again, there are precise and clear previous judgements saying that Art. 370 cannot be legally rescinded; the procedure laid down in the Article itself clearly stipulated one procedure and one procedure only - that the J&K State Constituent Assembly would formally inform the Indian legislature (Indian constitution-making finished six years before the J&K constitution was finished and promulgated) that they had completed their work, and then and only then would this Article be rescinded by the Indian legislature. Since the J&K Constituent Assembly was dissolved by its own motion, and not adjourned sine die, it no longer exists, and there is no possibility of the Indian legislature being informed.

This is for the record, and against the action of the central government of the day; the fact is that Art. 370 was an anomaly, and if you have the patience to look at the record, has been used to push in many actions that the J&K state legislature would never have consented to. It was a tool that was useful to busybodies in Delhi, and one of the reasons why politics in the state was always forced to look over its shoulder.

Since the state had a constitution, legally framed under the Indian constitution, and accepted by it, you may judge for yourself the value of the present government decision dissolving the state and dividing it into union territories, ruled directly by a Lt. Governor on the instructions of the Centre. Constitutionally, it is nonsense.

Disinformation/Misinterpretation

@Turingsage

The pretty much will answer EVERYTHING.

~Pajeet

Last edited:
If you think India has a strong enough economy to gain this much leverage you are delusional.

Chochu

Right now the Trade is 0%.

And India is VERY MUCH comfortable with the statusquo.

It was the Al-Bakistan which never allowed MFN to India despite India doing the same for Years, India withdrew MFN status of Pakistan in 2019.

Mind you it was Al-Bakistan which broke TRADE TIES with India and Suspended TRADE when India revoked Article 370.

Now it is Al-Bakistan which is Howling for resuming trade with India, and it coming from Highest Authority (Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production, and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood).

Because it is Al-Bakistan which is reeking under utter mismanaged economics and tons of foreign debts.

and it needs some respite from inflation and costly imports which are putting fuel of dire economic conditions of Al-Bakistan.

India gives 2-f about trade with Al-Bakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom