What's new

TRADE WITH INDIA NEED OF THE HOUR, SAYS ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER ON COMMERCE RAZAK DAWOOD

LAHORE: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production, and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood has said trade with India is the need of the hour and beneficial to both countries.

Also, Russia wanted to do investment in the field of construction and lay pipelines in Pakistan, he said on Sunday.

“As far as the ministry of commerce is concerned, its position is to do trade with India. And my stance is that we should do trade with India and it should be opened now,” Mr Dawood said in an interaction with media at an exhibition on engineering and healthcare organised by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan.

“The trade with India is very beneficial to all, especially Pakistan. And I support it,” he added.

About the exports to Afghanistan, the advisor said his ministry had increased the number of exporting items to Afghanistan (in Pakistan rupee) to 17. “Still various businessmen are contacting me to include their articles / items in this list as they also want to export their goods to Afghanistan in Pak rupee,” he claimed.

Talking about the trade relations with Russia, Mr Dawood said Pakistan’s exports to Russia and the countries bordering it (central Asia) and others required immediate attention and growth. “So we need to open this trade. And that is why we are going there,” he said, adding that Russia wanted to work in Pakistan in the fields of laying pipelines, constructions etc.

As for exports, he said the textile exports would reach Rs21 billion target in FY 2021-22 ending on June 30. The next year’s textile exports target is Rs27 billion. But the country should diversify its exports since its products range is squeezed. “Our major export destinations are Europe, North America (especially the USA) and China. But our range of products needs to be increased. And I think, our engineering and healthcare-related goods can be added in the list of exports,” he said.

He admitted skyrocketing prices and their adverse impact on the common people. “I agree with you on this issue. But this issue will persist due to imports of oil, raw material, machinery and other goods,” Mr Dawood said.

Published in Dawn, February 21st, 2022

Ummm...what is this nonsense.

Trade with China instead. ;)

Indian side is not even trying to have trade. Status quo suits us just fine.

It's your side from where such comments are originating. So for trade to resume as your side desires, they will have to swallow their pride. We don't have to do anything.

Our side has diversity of views, because it is an open society that's willing to hear different viewpoints. He is a minister of trade, that's what traders prefer, more trade.

You live in an echo chamber, where anything and everything is anti national, any outspoken person is beaten into submission. I think they call it fascism.

Last edited:
No it's not the need of the hour, it never was.
The sanghis rage with their fanatical nonsense and he wants to trade! He can go ahead with his own money.
The Indian posters have confidently stated that India doesn't want no part of it, nor do we but to the many powers of 10.

He wants cheaper imports so from his perspective it makes sense

LAHORE: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production, and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood has said trade with India is the need of the hour and beneficial to both countries.

Also, Russia wanted to do investment in the field of construction and lay pipelines in Pakistan, he said on Sunday.

“As far as the ministry of commerce is concerned, its position is to do trade with India. And my stance is that we should do trade with India and it should be opened now,” Mr Dawood said in an interaction with media at an exhibition on engineering and healthcare organised by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan.

“The trade with India is very beneficial to all, especially Pakistan. And I support it,” he added.

About the exports to Afghanistan, the advisor said his ministry had increased the number of exporting items to Afghanistan (in Pakistan rupee) to 17. “Still various businessmen are contacting me to include their articles / items in this list as they also want to export their goods to Afghanistan in Pak rupee,” he claimed.

Talking about the trade relations with Russia, Mr Dawood said Pakistan’s exports to Russia and the countries bordering it (central Asia) and others required immediate attention and growth. “So we need to open this trade. And that is why we are going there,” he said, adding that Russia wanted to work in Pakistan in the fields of laying pipelines, constructions etc.

As for exports, he said the textile exports would reach Rs21 billion target in FY 2021-22 ending on June 30. The next year’s textile exports target is Rs27 billion. But the country should diversify its exports since its products range is squeezed. “Our major export destinations are Europe, North America (especially the USA) and China. But our range of products needs to be increased. And I think, our engineering and healthcare-related goods can be added in the list of exports,” he said.

He admitted skyrocketing prices and their adverse impact on the common people. “I agree with you on this issue. But this issue will persist due to imports of oil, raw material, machinery and other goods,” Mr Dawood said.

Senility in old age is a bad thing.............:disagree:...........however, trade with China is a MUST.........8-)

Hehehe.. Love this. India will allow trade resumption only if Pakistan stops using K word. 370 is gone for good and restructuring will be done. Trade will resume when Pakistan’s establishment convinces Political parties of this.
don't let the comments of a mere advisor, (neither a minister, not even an under secratary) get to your head. Pakistan's only trade with india is agricultural and we just as easily export to China while import from China for much MUCH cheaper than we do from india. india's bleeding pains in Kashmir will continue from both the west and the north until she complies with the dictates of both Pakistan AND China. not like you are much of a threat to either one of us while we are fast turning into an existential threat for india.

don't let the comments of a mere advisor, (neither a minister, not even an under secratary) get to your head. Pakistan's only trade with india is agricultural and we just as easily export to China while import from China for much MUCH cheaper than we do from india. india's bleeding pains in Kashmir will continue from both the west and the north until she complies with the dictates of both Pakistan AND China. not like you are much of a threat to either one of us while we are fast turning into an existential threat for india.

No body in India cares for trade with Pakistan.. Those want trade, give statements. As for existential threat : hahaha...

Our side has diversity of views, because it is an open society that's willing to hear different viewpoints. He is a minister of trade, that's what traders prefer, more trade.

You live in an echo chamber, where anything and everything is anti national, any outspoken person is beaten into submission. I think they call it fascism.
Yes.. We jail people for 5 years for criticism of Army..

No body in India cares for trade with Pakistan.. Those want trade, give statements. As for existential threat : hahaha...

Yes.. We jail people for 5 years for criticism of Army..
as far as trade is concerned, india who? :lol:

as far as existential threat is concerned, these poor bastards would disagree with your nervous hahaha...
pic_1554290881.jpg

FDkGvmMXIAgLxmP
skynews-colonel-santosh-babu_5014865.jpg

QT-indian-army.jpg

not to mention the almost 1100 sqkm you lost without firing a single shot. :rofl:

as far as jailing people for criticizing the indian so called army is concerned, well just goes to show how hated the indian army is within india that there is actually a punishment for criticizing the joker indian army. :laugh:

Why do we need trade from india? What little trade there is has so far been heavily one-sided in favour of India. How does that benefit us? Indians have already shown they don't want more trade with us with the massive tariffs on our goods that the Indians place. Oh and let's not forget the fact that they take our products & sell it as theirs earning themselves a nice premium. Is this the trade you want?

What exactly does india even offer that trade with it is essential? They can't provide us with technology like the Chinese can. Also, India has 1+ billion ppl. Anything you can make, they can make it cheaper so unless you have technologically advanced products which they don't have (hint: you don't either) you won't be able to compete with their local producers on the average stuff. Which brings me to my next point. If you think Indians are going to let your other stuff enter their markets easily, you're delusional. Indians don't even make it easy for westerners unless they're offering manufacturing jobs. So let's not kid ourselves. They're not going to treat you any better.

What Pakistan NEEDS to do is increase trade with CAS/Russia, Gulf, China, SE Asia, Africa & the west. Even Latin America. Loads of growth potential if RAZAK DAWOOD stops daydreaming about trade with india, gets off his *** & puts in some effort.

Just today a video in HD print released on Telegram by an unknown outfit BLF killing 17 soldiers of some unknown country in unknown region. 17 in one attack. And looting their weapons. People from that country must not be happy.

And I fully endorse your views about the army which has to jail people for criticizing. Hehehe..
ye haal ho gaya hay tumhara? telegram is a news source now? :lol:

Just today a video in HD print released on Telegram by an unknown outfit BLF killing 17 soldiers of some unknown country in unknown region. 17 in one attack. And looting their weapons. People from that country must not be happy.

And I fully endorse your views about the army which has to jail people for criticizing. Hehehe..

Like you pajeets your proxy BLF also exaggerated the casualty figures. The actual casualty count stands at 10 dead

Ever since that attack Pakistan has killed double of its own casualties

Here are a few pictures for you since you might not find them on that Telegram channel

img-20220217-wa0046-jpg.816239

img-20220217-wa0048-jpg.816240

And since you an @Syama Ayas never manged to final look of Colonel Babu after what Chinse did to him, here is what Colonel Babu looked like after getting lynched by PLA

1645035370660-png.816078

Pak army gave same treatment to BLF commander that PLA gave to Colonel Babu

Now thank me that I helped you get a final look of your war hero after Chinese treatment :)

Disgraceful comment as their is an official policy towards the trade with India and all ministers must follow the policy. If he doesn't likes the policy and over stepping the line then he should go. We all know the trade have got benefits and if benefits was the only thing we were concerned about then we might as walk away from the Kashmir and slash the armed forces and live like a sub servient nation.

If trade with india makes our exports grow and the life of our people easier then we should do it. People thinking with emotions and not looking at the greater benefits. Our prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) did trade with mushriks while at war with them. So, why can’t we trade with india. If we trade with india, have cheaper imports, increase our exports, and potentially have a trade surplus, then we are in a stronger position to free Kashmir. The money which we save and make off trade with india we can use to strengthen our defences. We should be a smart enemy not a stupid enemy. Also there’s many Muslims in india who will benefit off Pakistan india trade.
Think of the greater benefits, think rationally not emotionally.

Kashmiris won’t be freed while we beg Saudi or imf for money. Kashmir will be freed once we have a strong economy which supports a strong military that can forcefully free Kashmir if needed.

Why do we need trade from india? What little trade there is has so far been heavily one-sided in favour of India. How does that benefit us? Indians have already shown they don't want more trade with us with the massive tariffs on our goods that the Indians place. Oh and let's not forget the fact that they take our products & sell it as theirs earning themselves a nice premium. Is this the trade you want?

What exactly does india even offer that trade with it is essential? They can't provide us with technology like the Chinese can. Also, India has 1+ billion ppl. Anything you can make, they can make it cheaper so unless you have technologically advanced products which they don't have (hint: you don't either) you won't be able to compete with their local producers on the average stuff. Which brings me to my next point. If you think Indians are going to let your other stuff enter their markets easily, you're delusional. Indians don't even make it easy for westerners unless they're offering manufacturing jobs. So let's not kid ourselves. They're not going to treat you any better.

What Pakistan NEEDS to do is increase trade with CAS/Russia, Gulf, China, SE Asia, Africa & the west. Even Latin America. Loads of growth potential if RAZAK DAWOOD stops daydreaming about trade with india, gets off his *** & puts in some effort.
He is looking for cheaper raw imports
For example if we want to import wheat it'll be cheaper to get from India than from any other country
Same with a lot of other raw materials like coal for coal plant (I am making up random things for example)

This is why he is saying what he is saying- not interested in India as export destination but looking towards cheaper imports who they want to either
A- consume
B- add value

(Btw I don't agree with him)

Back
Top Bottom