What's new

TRADE WITH INDIA NEED OF THE HOUR, SAYS ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER ON COMMERCE RAZAK DAWOOD

I disagree. That is a terribly cynical statement to make, and is untrue.

There is no reason to doubt the integrity of the court. It has already ruled in the past on the permanence of Art. 370. What is going on now is a charade, with the government holding out of sight the threat of punitive action against the members of the court, and the court biding its time to bring the challenges to trial.

I have no problem with your disagreements. You look at a glass half full, I look at it half empty. I am indeed so cynical that even if something went my (our) way, I feel that there is an ulterior motive where we would ultimately lose.

I am confident that over time, you will realize my positions, though it gives me no joy to be correct in cases like these.

I have no problem with your disagreements. You look at a glass half full, I look at it half empty. I am indeed so cynical that even if something went my (our) way, I feel that there is an ulterior motive where we would ultimately lose.

I am confident that over time, you will realize my positions, though it gives me no joy to be correct in cases like these.

The glass is totally empty not half empty. There is no hope.

Should never happen. Razzak should focus on better development environment, engineering education and ease of doing business. Thus should help Pakistan manufacturing sector and increase local agri and engineering production. He is from business sector and failed to see the opportunity to increase domestic production. Trade balance was always in India favor. This should help Pakistan.
And India suffer also. They shall never have a land route to CAS.

Even at the BEST of times trade between Pakistan and India was pitiful

Now are we in the best if times?

If anything shit is getting tense on the ground and I don't mean the LOC

The communal situation, plus Kashmir, the hindutva regime in India amongst other things means trade and normalisation is a pipe dream

All laws are subject to interpretation of the judicial authority. Interpretation of law stems from the deep seated biases of the judges only rarely swayed by arguments in court.

I've never met an Indian in real life who is completely critical of 370 repeal. This suggests that the majority of Indian population (regardless of religious affiliation) is in support of it. What are the chances then that the ruling will overturn the repeal?! I'm not going to hold my breath for it :laugh:
For your ready reference, laws - and judicial judgements - are not determined by majority vote. It doesn't matter if the entire Indian population of India is in support of it. Unconstitutional and illegal doesn't land up being anything other than unconstitutional and illegal.

It may not have come to your notice that any kind of removal of 370 has already been declared impossible by the court. The interpretation, in other words, has already occurred.

Good luck with your expansion of the period for which you can hold your breath.

I do not agree or disagree on whims, or on personal feelings; at worst, if I do not wish to be abrasive, or to contradict someone directly, I keep quiet.

Your points urging caution are noted. I hope you are wrong.

India does not even need to trade directly with Pakistan. Via Dubai trade suits just fine. With FTA and West Quad, hopefully Pakistan will see lot of Made in UAE products in their market.

I was unaware and have followed this rather distractedly.

I was aware of this part. Governments across the world have bend rules and laws to achieve what they consider is a desirable outcome.
This applies to all democracies. Autocracies need no such niceties.
The laws and their machinery are there however, to drag governments to a more legalistic outcome.
Nothing to flinch from. There is an excellent book by Noorani specifically on this subject, but of course, I am not depending on that alone. Most people do not know what that article sought to do; how it sought to do it; how it was to have been rescinded; and what happened, that has made it impossible to rescind it.

The other part is the legerdemain in seemingly removing it. Without removing it, the destruction of the State and its conversion to Union Territories would also have been impossible. This kind of legerdemain is most unbecoming for an organised government.

This government has been a national hazard, and a tragedy already in several respects.

Perhaps it is important for us all to distinguish between ordinary legislation and the interpretation of these statutes, and the provisions of a formal constitution, that cannot be discarded before a very elaborate procedure is followed. In this case, even that was not done.

The quickest way for the IK gov never to return is accepting the illegality of the good Indians in IoJK!

We dare PMIK to take one step in this direction of ...i.e. ... trading on the 100.000+ DeadBodies of PakKashmiris and 10.000+ Raped PakKashmiriWomen-Girls...

We dare this government to try this @PanzerKiel

This WoodstockSufism is all well and dandy within Pakistan... but let us not push it too much!

Anyone who betrays PakKashmiris is dead in water @SIPRA @Reddington

Pakistan's Future is in Eurasia...both ecomonically and culturally... we do have deep cultural, civilisational and religious bond with the Ten of Eurasia in the past 1000+years and before that..well, let us not forget Our AncientHistory!!!
@Mentee

This Daud person must first pay his taxes and let us not talk about LNG terminals here...

What pathetic tamasha is this!

Mangus

So you are literally asking " Nawaz Sharif ko kyon Nikala?"

From letting businessmen have a say in strategic policymaking to declaring geo economic centric policy. Government is only fulfilling the mandate she had set for herself.

For August 2019, PM asked opposition and the parliament if they want a war and that ended that discussion.

If the voters themselves don't respect their own mandate, why chant Vote ko Izzat Do? From having Aalu Gosht to Nazi Pilao in 3 years. Where's the famous absolutely not phrase when needed?

PM will never allow to trade with india until they not reverse the kashmir decision

That would still be not the policy advocated by the state of Pakistan.

It's like FM saying we will accept pre 1967 Israel.

What next? join India's belt and road to uplift region from poverty?

LAHORE: Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production, and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood has said trade with India is the need of the hour and beneficial to both countries.

Also, Russia wanted to do investment in the field of construction and lay pipelines in Pakistan, he said on Sunday.

“As far as the ministry of commerce is concerned, its position is to do trade with India. And my stance is that we should do trade with India and it should be opened now,” Mr Dawood said in an interaction with media at an exhibition on engineering and healthcare organised by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan.

“The trade with India is very beneficial to all, especially Pakistan. And I support it,” he added.

About the exports to Afghanistan, the advisor said his ministry had increased the number of exporting items to Afghanistan (in Pakistan rupee) to 17. “Still various businessmen are contacting me to include their articles / items in this list as they also want to export their goods to Afghanistan in Pak rupee,” he claimed.

Talking about the trade relations with Russia, Mr Dawood said Pakistan’s exports to Russia and the countries bordering it (central Asia) and others required immediate attention and growth. “So we need to open this trade. And that is why we are going there,” he said, adding that Russia wanted to work in Pakistan in the fields of laying pipelines, constructions etc.

As for exports, he said the textile exports would reach Rs21 billion target in FY 2021-22 ending on June 30. The next year’s textile exports target is Rs27 billion. But the country should diversify its exports since its products range is squeezed. “Our major export destinations are Europe, North America (especially the USA) and China. But our range of products needs to be increased. And I think, our engineering and healthcare-related goods can be added in the list of exports,” he said.

He admitted skyrocketing prices and their adverse impact on the common people. “I agree with you on this issue. But this issue will persist due to imports of oil, raw material, machinery and other goods,” Mr Dawood said.

Published in Dawn, February 21st, 2022

India has a nearly $10 billion trade surplus with Bangladesh :rofl:
So, no thank you.

Peace before open trade.

Peace will only come with the settlement of Kashmir dispute.

Back
Top Bottom