What's new

TRADE WITH INDIA NEED OF THE HOUR, SAYS ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER ON COMMERCE RAZAK DAWOOD

Indian auto sector would wipe out the auto cottage mafia in Pakistan. I would think trucks and coaches would al;so go the same way.

You could be magnanimous by importing surpus mullahs and taking in some dars students thus balancing out the balance sheet.

No?
Quelle horreur!

Suppose we give you 10 motorcycles, OR 5 hatchbacks, OR 1 truck, in CKD condition, for each Deobandi Mullah you accept as a package deal? Your auto industry would boom, assembling and selling as many vehicles as you wish to absorb, and your general standard of fatwas would noticeably improve.

One of our Deoband geniuses has just proclaimed that daughters may not massage their father's legs, as that might sexually arouse the father. With mullahs like this, how do we stamp out the Sanghis?

This 'trade' would be almost all one way. Few sifarishi connected traders in Pakistan's corrupt elite would get the licence to just import ton of crap from India and almost nothing would be exported to India - unless you guys want few extra mullahs or dars students to do some tabligi in your country.

This would put additional stress on the skewed import/export balance. Then ex-pats Pakistani's would be implored to send more dollars to Pakistan to offset the dwindling reserves inside Pakistan.

But the few rent seeking traders would make billions, probably buy more apatments in Dubai or send money to realtives in India.
Industries in Pakistan and India have the same level of technical maturity and logistical inefficiencies. I think Pakistani manufacturers wouldv easily be able to compete with Indians given the lower currency value.

Your pessimism about trade balance is actually true for the China Pakistan equation. Pakistan cannot export anything besides resources to China despite a comprehensive free trade deal with them. Surely enough, India also is not able to compete with the Chinese.

Actually, Indian Punjab had a decent amount of trade with Pakistani side. I would bet that the economy of this state will get a boost if trade with Pakistan is resumed.

Trade between India and Pakistan is not possible because of the geopolitics of this region. This thread is meant to tease and troll nationalistic Pakistanis who get triggered when a random dove within the administration makes an insignificant comment :laugh:
You may be right, but it is a pity.

Kashmiri friends of mine had a neat little trading business going across the cease fire line in Kashmir, outside Baramula, that has got wiped out after our present bunch of fire-eating Sanghis came to power. It is really pathetic how they are pushed around.

It's nonsense at the moment with a increasingly hindutva extremist communal state in India

Out of interest, is trade with India out of GCC blocked now, I haven't seen anything Indian in Pakistan for years

You may be right, but it is a pity.

Kashmiri friends of mine had a neat little trading business going across the cease fire line in Kashmir, outside Baramula, that has got wiped out after our present bunch of fire-eating Sanghis came to power. It is really pathetic how they are pushed around.

If trade was open, the smart businessman would always find areas to arbitrage and make money. You really don't realize potential until all artificial restrictions are lifted.

No Pakistan-India trade until Modi personally travels to Pakistan to hand over Kashmir and makes a public apology to the people of Pakistan, Kashmir and Muslims of the subcontinent for his omissions and commissions.

laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi mante

That is impossible now. Article 370 when it was incorporated clearly said in BLACK AND WHITE that 370 is TEMPORARY.
It has fulfilled the purpose it was TEMPORARILY created and it ends.
There will be no reversal.
It is pure fantasy to imagine a temporary instrument can be reinstated.
India does not need this trade as Pakistan imports $3 billion worth of goods by round tripping the Gulf.
Now that the FTA has been signed between India and UAE even the tariffs India's paid in UAE are gone.
Exports to Pakistan will rise from that $ 3 billion figure and the advisor to the PM knows this to be true.

Farm laws have been reversed with Modi making a public apology.

CAA has been put in cold storage.

370 and 35A will also be restored.

Modi and his men are on the backfoot and they will be defeated and destroyed.

A point of view, validity of which, to be determined by the highest legal authorities in India.

With the highest legal authorities already compromised, along with the rest of the institutions, their judgements should always be taken with a great amount of skepticism.

The legality will ultimately be decided by India's (read Modi's) willingness to acquiesce to China's demands.

With the highest legal authorities already compromised, along with the rest of the institutions, their judgements should always be taken with a great amount of skepticism.

The legality will ultimately be decided by India's (read Modi's) willingness to acquiesce to China's demands.

We do not take advice from Pakistani's too ashamed or just childishly devious in using false flags.
Your posting history screams Pakistani with not an ounce of genuine criticism of India and its policies.
There is not even the slightest understanding of India.

So you stick to commenting on Pakistan please and leave Indians to Indians and Pakistani's not ashamed of their flag

There is no solution on Kashmir.. If anything thinks that it is just a dream.

UN resolution talks about both parts - Indian and Pakistani. It can never be applied to only Kashmir.

Now, both establishments already know the reality but they can not accept it in front of their public. Ans reality is that nothing is possible - except one, need to accept the border and move on.

But As long as below suits them - nothing will be changed in South Asia
Kashmir banega Pakistan (Pakistan claim)
GB and Pak Kashmir is part of India and we will take it (Indian claim)

True. Kashmir will remain in limbo, but we might agree on demilitarizing the region and letting people go from one place to another. Kashmir might not entirely belong to Pakistan or India, but at least the people deserve some freedom.

A point of view, validity of which, to be determined by the highest legal authorities in India.
I am amused by your assertion. Also alarmed, since this kind of statement will subject us to ridicule.

Is it that you are unaware that past Supreme Court judgements have clearly stated that Art. 370 has never ceased to be operative?

Are you not aware that the present abrogation, not rescindment, of Art. 370 was achieved by judicial sleight of hand, by placing the Governor of the State as the sole representative of the state, rather than the state legislature, and by using his authority to suspend the Art.? It is like standing on a footbridge with a crane and trying to lift it off its foundations with the help of the crane.

Here, for instance, for the earlier part, is the court's judgement in the case of
Sampat Prakash vs State Of Jammu & Kashmir & Anr on 10 October, 1968:

In view of these provisions, it must be held that Art. 370 of the Constitution has never ceased to be operative and there can be no challenge on this ground to the validity of the Orders passed by the President in exercise of the. powers conferred by this Article. The next submission made for challenging the validity of the Orders of modification made in the years 1959 and 1964 was that, under sub-clause (d) of clause (1 ) of Art. 370 of the Constitution, the power that is conferred on the President is for the 'purpose of applying the provisions of the Constitution to Jammu & Kashmir and not for the purpose of making amendments in the Constitution as applied to that State. The interpretation sought to be placed was that, at the time of applying any provision of the Constitution to the State of Jammu & Kashmir, the President is competent to make modifications and exceptions therein; but once any provision of the Constitution has been applied, the power under Art. 370 would not cover any modification in the Constitution as applied. Reliance was thus placed on the nature of the power conferred on the President to urge that the President could not from time to time amend any of the provisions .of the Constitution as applied to the State of Jammu & Kashmir. It was further urged that the President's power under Art. 370 should not be interpreted by applying section 21 of the General Clauses Act, because a Constitutional power cannot be equated with a power conferred by an Act, rule, bye-law, etc.
Just to remind you, the removal of Art. 370 was NOT done through a constitutional amendment.

I disagree. That is a terribly cynical statement to make, and is untrue.

There is no reason to doubt the integrity of the court. It has already ruled in the past on the permanence of Art. 370. What is going on now is a charade, with the government holding out of sight the threat of punitive action against the members of the court, and the court biding its time to bring the challenges to trial.

The trade between India and Pakistan was mostly(not all) trade between Indian Punjab and Pakistan. And Indian Punjab did suffered, the agri and some other sectors.

It was almost all through Attari and Wagah border check points...

I am amused by your assertion. Also alarmed, since this kind of statement will subject us to ridicule.

Is it that you are unaware that past Supreme Court judgements have clearly stated that Art. 370 has never ceased to be operative?

Are you not aware that the present abrogation, not rescindment, of Art. 370 was achieved by judicial sleight of hand, by placing the Governor of the State as the sole representative of the state, rather than the state legislature, and by using his authority to suspend the Art.? It is like standing on a footbridge with a crane and trying to lift it off its foundations with the help of the crane.

Here, for instance, for the earlier part, is the court's judgement in the case of
Sampat Prakash vs State Of Jammu & Kashmir & Anr on 10 October, 1968:

Just to remind you, the removal of Art. 370 was NOT done through a constitutional amendment.

I disagree. That is a terribly cynical statement to make, and is untrue.

There is no reason to doubt the integrity of the court. It has already ruled in the past on the permanence of Art. 370. What is going on now is a charade, with the government holding out of sight the threat of punitive action against the members of the court, and the court biding its time to bring the challenges to trial.
All laws are subject to interpretation of the judicial authority. Interpretation of law stems from the deep seated biases of the judges only rarely swayed by arguments in court.

I've never met an Indian in real life who is completely critical of 370 repeal. This suggests that the majority of Indian population (regardless of religious affiliation) is in support of it. What are the chances then that the ruling will overturn the repeal?! I'm not going to hold my breath for it :laugh:

We do not take advice from Pakistani's too ashamed or just childishly devious in using false flags.
Your posting history screams Pakistani with not an ounce of genuine criticism of India and its policies.
There is not even the slightest understanding of India.

So you stick to commenting on Pakistan please and leave Indians to Indians and Pakistani's not ashamed of their flag

Nothing surprising coming from you. I was called a Pakistani in second grade, and as I grew older, the taunts never end, including today, by you.

When I came home that day, I told my mother that I was called a Pakistani, and asked her what it was. She was silent then. Later on I distinctly remember she talking to my father about it, to which he said, "this is what their parents think of us, so it is natural the children repeat what they hear at home"

I can tell that today, as a parent, you have ensured that your children are raised the same way you were - full of hate!

All laws are subject to interpretation of the judicial authority. Interpretation of law stems from the deep seated biases of the judges only rarely swayed by arguments in court.

I've never met an Indian in real life who is completely critical of 370 repeal. This suggests that the majority of Indian population (regardless of religious affiliation) is in support of it. What are the chances then that the ruling will overturn the repeal?! I'm not going to hold my breath for it :laugh:

This!

You've really hit the nail on the head. In India, most judicial judgements are reflection of majority sentiments and not grand legal interpretations. The only legal prowess that is used is how to justify the pre-determined legal outcome.

am amused by your assertion. Also alarmed, since this kind of statement will subject us to ridicule.

I was unaware and have followed this rather distractedly.
Are you not aware that the present abrogation, not rescindment, of Art. 370 was achieved by judicial sleight of hand, by placing the Governor of the State as the sole representative of the state, rather than the state legislature, and by using his authority to suspend the Art.?

I was aware of this part. Governments across the world have bend rules and laws to achieve what they consider is a desirable outcome.
This applies to all democracies. Autocracies need no such niceties.
The laws and their machinery are there however, to drag governments to a more legalistic outcome.

Back
Top Bottom