What's new

TRADE WITH INDIA NEED OF THE HOUR, SAYS ADVISER TO THE PRIME MINISTER ON COMMERCE RAZAK DAWOOD

Disinformation/Misinterpretation

@Turingsage

The pretty much will answer EVERYTHING.

~Pajeet
Thank you for your valuable input.

Harish Salve is the preferred legal representative of the government of India in all major cases abroad.

Quite naturally, he will have spoken to the effect that the government of India is completely in the wrong on this matter.

You have understood the situation perfectly.

Thank you for your valuable input.

Harish Salve is the preferred legal representative of the government of India in all major cases abroad.

Quite naturally, he will have spoken to the effect that the government of India is completely in the wrong on this matter.

You have understood the situation perfectly.

Joe, you comment would have worked, but in your posts 'before', this one you talk about '22 petitions', you talk about validity of courts and the faith in the courts. The man is merely making his 'interpretations' and he surely has a calliber and qualification to do so.

I think for a common man, like me. Karan Thapar is asking questions 9 that you and me would like be answered ) and mr. Salve replying in accordance to/in the language of Constitution, really eliminates the need to view this video with a political lens.

Political or not, if the 'interpretations' are valid. We know the outcome.
Regardless of who Mr. Salve represents or speaks for, if he speaks whats in accordance with the provisions of the constitution, we atleast get an idea of the 'possibilities'. This is much better that merely stating whats wrong or right for ttaht matter, without any proper legal backing.

More over, an 'ordinary' Indian like me ( with zero understanding of such legal matters and their interpretations ), feels weight behind a man who saved Kulbhusuan in an International Court with his 'understanding'.

How many of us knew that 'Sadre Riyasat' ( https://indianexpress.com/article/e...wn-prime-minister-and-sadr-e-riyasat-5675554/ ) change ?

Well, Kindly do not dilute facts with opinions, lets keep this discussion along the lines of a healthy 'legal' understanding/discussion alone.

~ Pajeet

Last edited:
Chochu

Right now the Trade is 0%.

And India is VERY MUCH comfortable with the statusquo.

It was the Al-Bakistan which never allowed MFN to India despite India doing the same for Years, India withdrew MFN status of Pakistan in 2019.

Mind you it was Al-Bakistan which broke TRADE TIES with India and Suspended TRADE when India revoked Article 370.

Now it is Al-Bakistan which is Howling for resuming trade with India, and it coming from Highest Authority (Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production, and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood).

Because it is Al-Bakistan which is reeking under utter mismanaged economics and tons of foreign debts.

and it needs some respite from inflation and costly imports which are putting fuel of dire economic conditions of Al-Bakistan.

India gives 2-f about trade with Al-Bakistan.

We most probably will refuse to entertain any such plea for trade resumption. Unless our preconditions are fulfilled. They can keep buying stuff via Dubai and pay double price. Suits us just fine.

We most probably will refuse to entertain any such plea for trade resumption.

Nobody is going to make any pleas pajeet. Get off the high horse and start doing street shitting like any normal day

We don't need cow urine laced trash. Keep it to yoursleves.

That's not upto you or, hyperventilating posters in this forum. Even your ultra-nationalist govt of Imran has been reduced to asking for trade resumption in just 2 years. Your next PM will most probably be from Sharif family. And they obviously are Modi ka yaar. They bend backwards to accommodate our demands.

Even your ultra-nationalist govt of Imran has been reduced to asking for trade resumption in just 2 years.

Asked where pajeet? Has the chai wala government received any plea officially from Pakistan government for trade resumption?

Or is it just a random minister statement on which you and other pajeets are masturbating?

And they obviously are Modi ka yaar. They bend backwards to accommodate our demands.

Check the number of Indian soldier killed in that "modi ka yaar" tenure and in Imran Khan tenure ;)

As I said. Get off the high horse pajeet

We most probably will refuse to entertain any such plea for trade resumption. Unless our preconditions are fulfilled. They can keep buying stuff via Dubai and pay double price. Suits us just fine.

Non-oil imports from UAE isn't much, $2b per year. Even if India share in that is 100%, its not that big of a deal.
1645513051383.png

Joe, you comment would have worked, but in your posts 'before', this one you talk about '22 petitions', you talk about validity of courts and the faith in the courts. The man is merely making his 'interpretations' and he surely has a calliber and qualification to do so.
Sure, so long as you understand clearly that the Court has already passed judgement on this as far back as 1968, and the only discernible reason for their failing to hear these 22 pending petitions is their fear of the extra-constitutional consequences.
I think for a common man, like me. Karan Thapar is asking questions 9 that you and me would like be answered ) and mr. Salve replying in accordance to/in the language of Constitution, really eliminates the need to view this video with a political lens.
Why? When I have taken the trouble, not of going through Thapar's questions and Salve's answers, but of doing my homework, something that others are plainly not willing to do, why should I abandon my researched position?
Regardless of who Mr. Salve represents or speaks for, if he speaks whats in accordance with the provisions of the constitution, we atleast get an idea of the 'possibilities'. This is much better that merely stating whats wrong or right for ttaht matter, without any proper legal backing.
I have already mentioned at least one good source for an analysis, by an eminent writer on legal topics. This is over and above the video presented by Faizan Mustafa. If you have no objection to Muslims interpreting the Constitution, even if they are learned in law, you should have no objection to looking at those with as much delight as you seem to take in looking at this.
More over, an 'ordinary' Indian like me ( with zero understanding of such legal matters and their interpretations ), feels weight behind a man who saved Kulbhusuan in an International Court with his 'understanding'.
Of course. And if you can muster up enough others, you will have a majority and you can decide that nothing else but this video should be consulted. Isn't that how it goes?
I did.

I cannot do your homework for you.

Please also find out others who were the equivalent as Raj Pramukh, the equivalent of Sadr-e-Riyasat, at the same time. Now don't tell me that a wise and learned person didn't know about these simultaneous arrangements, because the newspaper article he read didn't mention them.

Besides Noorani's entire book on Article 370, that is within reach of my seat, there is another book that I recommend to those who are thirsting after knowledge, but are not able to find anything beyond a sensational Indian Express feature - try reading V. P. Menon on The Integration of the Indian States, or his other book, The Transfer of Power in India.

Don't panic. He was Patel's Secretary, so not a left-winger.
Well, Kindly do not dilute facts with opinions, lets keep this discussion along the lines of a healthy 'legal' understanding/discussion alone.
You don't seem to get it, do you? I quoted a judgement of the Supreme Court. Does it seem to you that it is an opinion, and Salve sharing his thoughts is a fact?

How many of us knew that 'Sadre Riyasat' ( https://indianexpress.com/article/e...wn-prime-minister-and-sadr-e-riyasat-5675554/ ) change ?

~ Pajeet
I was frankly very unimpressed with the shallow reply I got from you, but if I responded the way I feel about it, there would have been a loud shriek of protest from all the right-wingers present. Just take it on board that a superficial approach trying to browbeat someone who has actually done his homework, and actually knows the history of these happenings intimately, is not likely to impress. Keep it for some sucker you can overawe.

Sure, so long as you understand clearly that the Court has already passed judgement on this as far back as 1968, and the only discernible reason for their failing to hear these 22 pending petitions is their fear of the extra-constitutional consequences.

Why? When I have taken the trouble, not of going through Thapar's questions and Salve's answers, but of doing my homework, something that others are plainly not willing to do, why should I abandon my researched position?

I have already mentioned at least one good source for an analysis, by an eminent writer on legal topics. This is over and above the video presented by Faizan Mustafa. If you have no objection to Muslims interpreting the Constitution, even if they are learned in law, you should have no objection to looking at those with as much delight as you seem to take in looking at this.

Of course. And if you can muster up enough others, you will have a majority and you can decide that nothing else but this video should be consulted. Isn't that how it goes?

I did.

I cannot do your homework for you.

Please also find out others who were the equivalent as Raj Pramukh, the equivalent of Sadr-e-Riyasat, at the same time. Now don't tell me that a wise and learned person didn't know about these simultaneous arrangements, because the newspaper article he read didn't mention them.

Besides Noorani's entire book on Article 370, that is within reach of my seat, there is another book that I recommend to those who are thirsting after knowledge, but are not able to find anything beyond a sensational Indian Express feature - try reading V. P. Menon on The Integration of the Indian States, or his other book, The Transfer of Power in India.

Don't panic. He was Patel's Secretary, so not a left-winger.

You don't seem to get it, do you? I quoted a judgement of the Supreme Court. Does it seem to you that it is an opinion, and Salve sharing his thoughts is a fact?

I was frankly very unimpressed with the shallow reply I got from you, but if I responded the way I feel about it, there would have been a loud shriek of protest from all the right-wingers present. Just take it on board that a superficial approach trying to browbeat someone who has actually done his homework, and actually knows the history of these happenings intimately, is not likely to impress. Keep it for some sucker you can overawe.

Dear Joe,

I'll be really thankful to you if you kindly provide some insight over your 'homework'.
Can you please outline the grounds on which the Art 370 removal may be deemed illegal ? Kindly elighten me over specific grounds so that we may discuss every single possibility ( point wise ).

I would love to stand corrected.
Thank You.

~ Pajeet

Difference between trade deficit with China and India isn't same thing. One is investing huge amount and if CPEC phase 2 take off then trade deficit will be reduced further. Also in recent years Pakistan has been successful in new trade deals which resulted Pakistan exports to China increasing by 70% last year. Meanwhile India will only look to sell without need to balance things out. If you know what I mean. Like that stupid pig Nawaz Sharif wanted to import electricity from India instead of asking them to build power plant in Pakistan.

Dear Joe,

I'll be really thankful to you if you kindly provide some insight over your 'homework'.
Can you please outline the grounds on which the Art removal may be deemed illegal ? Kindly elighten me over specific grounds so that we may discuss every single possibility ( point wise ).

I would love to stand corrected.
Thank You.

~ Pajeet
Yes.

I am touching on the original cause, not subsidiary causes occasioned by the Government of India acting in an illegal manner.

Please read Art. 370 first, and confirm to me that you have read it.

Just to clarify, we can discuss the subsidiary causes as well, separately, ONCE we have got an understanding on the original cause.

So any request by the Pakistani govt formally put through? Nope thought not, never will be.

Your largest number of tourists (and shoppers) come from Bangladesh.

Sanghi ingrates hardly mention this anywhere - and call them 'termites'.

Now you want to add Pakistanis to the sucker list.

That is very cynical. Agree that there are racist Indians, but tourists are not treated badly, by and large. The statistic on Bangladeshi tourists to India always intrigues me, because I don't encounter any BD tourists. Here is a screenshot from the executive summary of a report (albeit Indian) which I have also linked below.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 12.51.21 PM.png

I am skeptical about what the purpose of these visits is. Maybe they are just meeting families, which technically qualifies as tourism because you come in through tourist visa.

No one opens up tourism to make suckers out of anyone. If tourists feel so, tourism will die a natural death. Of all industries, it is most susceptible to poor attitude. I agree with @Chak Bamu that many other things need to be addressed before we start visiting each other, because apart from principles, we want to be stress free when we visit each other, and not be asked questions like "Why are minorities being lynched in your country"

If we were to decide on tourist destinations based on racism of a few, most countries would be out of bounds for us brown people. I am not inclined to be this cynical and welcome Bangladeshis and Pakistanis if they choose to come to India.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom