What's new

TOP 20 Muslim Countries by GDP (April 2012 IMF)

Tell turkey and indonesia to resign from D-8 which is a organisation of developing Muslim economies founded by Turkey!

I don't need tell anyone. First the thread OP should clearly define on what criteria the countries are being compared sharply..

It said muslim countries but those above (turkey/indonesia) are not. They are secular countries.

The trend of secular nation's achievement is clearly apparent in the stats. Yet, people continue to exhibit fundamentalist mentality and assert secularism is evil. I have been to Indonesia and stayed there for some time. It is a wonderful country, wonderful people, tolerant, prosperous, progressive and what not. I would recommend anybody to visit the beautiful country of Indonesia.

This, however, is not necessarily a measure of standard of living. In that respect Qatar and UAE would rank at the top.

Kazakhastan, being a secular country, has the highest standard of living among all former USSR states.

I don't need tell anyone. First the thread OP should clearly define on what criteria the countries are being compared sharply..

It said muslim countries but those above (turkey/indonesia) are not. They are secular countries.

I think the thread starters meant to compare countries based on % of muslims. Not state religion or secularity. The comparison is correct in that sense.

The trend of secular nation's achievement is clearly apparent in the stats. Yet, people continue to exhibit fundamentalist mentality and assert secularism is evil. I have been to Indonesia and stayed there for some time. It is a wonderful country, wonderful people, tolerant, prosperous, progressive and what not. I would recommend anybody to visit the beautiful country of Indonesia.

This, however, is not necessarily a measure of standard of living. In that respect Qatar and UAE would rank at the top.

Kazakhastan, being a secular country, has the highest standard of living among all former USSR states.

I think the thread starters meant to compare countries based on % of muslims. Not state religion or secularity. The comparison is correct in that sense.

Fair enough.. but since the OP has mentioned MUSLIM countries(%wise) can someone post data about the amount of trade these above mentioned country have among them vis-s-vis their total trade ?

I think the correlation among these countries as a group ( loosely coupled/ strongly coupled ) would be much more clear with those data.

Indonesia is a very beautiful country, I was in Bali in indonesia for one week. I have also visited more than 10 europa countries
and thailand vietnam in south east asia.
Bali is the best vacation land. and the people is so warmhearted...

Indonesia is a very beautiful country, I was in Bali in indonesia for one week. I have also visited more than 10 europa countries

Well Bali isn't real a Muslim region. 95% of Balinese people are Hindu. Very different from the rest of Indonesia. Other Islands of Indonesia are peaceful and progressive as well, but the country side can be a bit "fundamentalist".

I toured Jakarta, Bali, Aceh, Bandung, Surabaya, Medan and Pulau Weh over a period of 7 month. Truly great country.:tup:

Well Bali isn't real a Muslim region. 95% of Balinese people are Hindu. Very different from the rest of Indonesia. Other Islands of Indonesia are peaceful and progressive as well, but the country side can be a bit "fundamentalist".

I stayed in Aceh for some time which can be considered "countryside", by Indonesian standards. It is true that the most women wear headscarves and people are pretty religious but I observed everyone to have a tolerant and progressive attitude... Not at all "fundamentalist" . Their inherent mindset and standards are very different from that of south asian nations.

---------------------------------------------

But yeah, don't hope everyone to understand English in most Indonesian cities and countryside... Very few people can understand English there. The people are proud of their language and culture. :tup:

actually a bit surprised to see nigeria above pakistan.
good for nigeria and good luck to Pakistan.

Guys the above list is based on nominal GDP which considered less acurate & if u take GDP PPP (which is considered more accurate & give u clear picture of a country) where Nigeria is way behind Pakistan

Pakistan 511.664 billion
Nigeria 448.495 Billion according to IMF

soo still i think Pakistan should have atleast more than a trillion dollar economy according to her standard

congrates to Nigeria (Oil rocks)
Pakistan needs to improves alot

(I hope i ignore indian trolls & Hatters perfectly?)

According to Dinar Standard a Dubai based Magazine only 13 % Intra OIC trade in 2009 it may have reached to 18 % till now, there target is to get 20% share for intra OIC trade till 2013

where's the list for GDP PPP?

Don't forget, Nigeria has oil and their entire economy is pretty much based on oil only.
So it's unfair to compare Pakistan and Nigeria.

Also, It's amazing to see how the Indian troll brigandage just can't stand to see anything to do Muslims.

They have managed to derail a perfectly innocent thread by their hatred for us.
Typical really. Can't expect monkeys to stop acting like monkeys now can we? :mamba:

Damn didnt know Nigeria was that rich. Good for Nigeria. We need more African countries to step up in the global stage.

Don't forget, Nigeria has oil and their entire economy is pretty much based on oil only.
So it's unfair to compare Pakistan and Nigeria.

Also, It's amazing to see how the Indian troll brigandage just can't stand to see anything to do Muslims.

They have managed to derail a perfectly innocent thread by their hatred for us.
Typical really. Can't expect monkeys to stop acting like monkeys now can we? :mamba:

The only troll around here is yourself.

Indian troll brigade.

and u were the one no who was running from pillar to post claiming a certain member from BD is not a muslim when he voiced his opinion on an issue which was completely unrelated to religion...

*look at the mirror* before calling others as troll...

Egypt is just pathetic, 80 million people and they're as productive as they were in the Middle Ages. With this countries geography, resources and human potential they could've easily become force to be reckoned with but instead they live on handouts for being a de facto client-state of Israel, SMH. Napolean couldn't even civilise these people who am I kidding.

Back
Top Bottom