What's new

Ties strained as India cuts fuel subsidy to Bhutan

Actually what surprised me is that we were providing subsidy to Bhutan ( a foreign country) using Indian tax payer's money. Anyways I don't find any problem with this. If the Bhutanese want to be close to China, then China should foot the bill not India.

Because India is benefiting from this foreign country called Bhutan and because India cant afford Bhutan as a weak buffer Zone

What's because they don't know how to play the China and India card well, but at least Nepal is out of India's grip, you will not dictate them ever again and not only that you have to be nice knowing China card is open for Nepal...you just have not leverage on them. Of course India has actificially make Bhutan the most happier and progressif nation on earth by providing aids while 40% of your own people are mal nourished...you must be realy happy of that....let see how long can you substain.

Bhutan among the most progressive nations in the world? 40% in India are malnourished? Get your facts right before posting BS

Why not ?? Let them go for it. They will themself learn the chinese love like Myanmar ;)

nothing wrong with rethinking past failed foreign policy and go for own interests by Bhutan.

mainly it was India which needs Bhutan more than Bhutan needs India keeping in mind its strategic importance. It can play a vital role by siding with China.

Bhutan among the most progressive nations in the world? 40% in India are malnourished? Get your facts right before posting BS

All CCP facts are correct by default :smart:

And you forget you are quoting a guy wishing for the kiss of an imaginary creature. What should be the promblemo ???

We don't play any dangerous game here, India make Bhutan mad...and you have to pay the price, our hands are clean, India's lost is China's gain...simple as that :smokin:

Things are not always simple when it comes to geopolitics

On Topic> Not exactly a good move. But probably its due to things happened in recent days

nothing wrong with rethinking past failed foreign policy and go for own interests by Bhutan.

mainly it was India which needs Bhutan more than Bhutan needs India keeping in mind its strategic importance. It can play a vital role by siding with China.

Nothing is wrong in seeing betterment of you own country. If Bhutan think they are better of with China , then they should do it. No problem. But then they should not cry about some subsidy. Why not get it from china. I am sure china can spare few billion dollars of aid :no:

By the way how much your country get besides soft loans ???
China is a businessman. Nothing comes free to anybody

Because India is benefiting from this foreign country called Bhutan and because India cant afford Bhutan as a weak buffer Zone

India can use a friendly nation no doubt.
But cant afford ??? Please. Pakistan and China are enough big troubles already exists what more a tiny Nation can do. It might help india to seek closer lies with some other "big" nations to counter small buffer. If you know what i mean

why the hell was our guv. providing subsidy on fuel to the bhutanese when the fuel rates in our own country are sky high ???

India can use a friendly nation no doubt.
But cant afford ??? Please. Pakistan and China are enough big troubles already exists what more a tiny Nation can do. It might help india to seek closer lies with some other "big" nations to counter small buffer. If you know what i mean

and who are these other BIG NATIONS?

:))))))))))))))) US? Russia?

and if you are using a friendly nation for own interests then you had raciprocate it as well hence no why and buts and ifs here.

This PM will get the harsh scolding by the King. Don't worry! Plus the je Khenpo there, a strong supporter of Free Tibet will never let Bhutan sell in the hands of China. Who has equivalent power as king in religious matters. It is democratic government, just because elections are soon, the PM is showing iron fist, but Indian government will take all steps.

I have seen that certain people here starts to jump chicken's neck as if it would be a cakewalk!!I can understand that none of them has travelled to that place.I have,2-3 times a year,for past 16 years or so!!And let me tell you,it won't be a cakewalk.The terrain there is quite rugged,beside the approaches from the northern area runs through mountain passes and the heights on both sides of those passes are under IA occupation.So,good luck using all your resources to capture Chicken's neck corridor.And make no mistake,you won't be welcomed there by the civilians there,I know for a fact,the population there don't mix too well with foreign invaders!!

a sign that the indian government is cutting down on expenditure. they're running out of money.
Bhutan's military and diplomacy are dictated by india. They should be free of indians' control.

131669045_21n.jpg

We should speed up normalizing the relationship with Bhutan!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom