What's new

Ticket To Pakistan

Dude your going to have so much fun. I miss the food.

Anyone tried Karai Gosht on the charpayees?

Beautiful!

not really charpayiies, but in highway restaurants, some distance from gulshan-e-maimar, on super highway which goes straight to hyderabad, the al-habib, al-habib is very big, with a huge lush green grassy ground, karachi ppl give a night visit in these places , so they get a nice long drive too, so restaurants like al-habib have "gaaoo takia" arranged, where u can eat with utmost pleasure with ur family, i rem, in summer days of july, my chacha came from Canada, so v gave him a nice party in al-habib and v were total 5 families together, and woow!!, tht was hell of a fun!!!!, with all 4 chachas and my father(eldest of all) with family and 8 cousins together!!!

v had a total of five to eight dishes, maybe ten, i dont remember, v had karai gosht, fried fish, lamb chaanp, matka gosht(lol, tht name is wierd but the dish is hot and spicy and really tasty), seekh kabab etc etc, and very nice tanduri rootis!!!

before al-habib, sajjad is a nice one too, but i prefer al-habib!!!, i have eaten in al-habib thrice, and sajjad only once!!

enjoy a nice banquet in al habib!!

Last edited:
very good to see u commenting here especially sir,i really liked ur comments, never got bored, kinda unique, interesting, even i live in karachi, and currently i am 18 but i have not seen much of karachi!!, lol, but yaah, karachi is like mini pakistan with all tastes and types, i love my mother land and Karachi!!!, karachi second to none in the world!! with all colours of cultures and traditions, dont make my city spoil u indian and western media devils

Dear cool dude 'U-571'.......its good to know that you are in your sweet 18, (i said it sweet 18 in view of today's trend ) other wise in my views the age of 18 person feel so exciting, stengthen and confident just needed to be well determined and crazy to enhance knowledge and skills....remember Muhammad Bin Qasim was a general conquarer of Sindh at the time where no such facilities he had what we have now a days) !!!

Well as far as your paratha roll conceren, its interesting for you that its orignally introduced by 'Cafe Silver spoon' @ tariq road (Neo may remember it well)...I was used too to go there during my education life. Most of singers and TV artist are also sitting there especially you may find Ali Haider and his colleuges. But now my work responsibilities not allowing me to visit Silver spoon regularly.

I also enjoy with food of Usmania /Tabaq especially their roasted quals.

Further, you may more enjoy with the pashtun food like chapli Kabab & Namkin Gosht @ Al-Asif near Sohrab Goth by sitting on Charpaeeys (as Webmaster indicated in his post, I really appreciate webmaster's taste and exposure).:cheers:
I wish that to enjoy food with such tasteworthy 'BaZoaq' friends especially Here i would like to invite Webby and Neo and yes 'digitaltiger' (as special guest), so please keep remember to be my guest when ever you peoples visit Karachi Or Lahore.

You may find different dillicious items like: Channa chat, Dahi-barey, Kachoris, and ummmm Ras-malayee & ras gulley:P at Burns road & yes off-course strong doodh-Patti Chaaiy(Balayee mar key) @ Kharadar street almost 24/7.

I also love to have food at Ghunpra hotels at highways, and to enjoy this I try to trevel by road in between Karachi to Lahore and back if I have litttle more time allowed by my work.

I think the most of all we have discussed may not new for 'digitaltiger' as its may be the same due to cultural similarity, but yes its would be a thrill of experienceing new places and Peoples hospitality for 'digitaltiger' during his visit.:tup:

Dost bananey mein buhat time lagta hey, Dushmani eik lamhey mein hu sakti hey........We as muslim belongs to that school of thoughts which teach us to spread love and make friends. :cheers:

WISH YOU GOOD LUCK WITH GOOD FOOD AND LONG HAPPY SUCCESFUL LIFE:enjoy:

silver spoon is dead!!, i mean its not there now, there r many fake silver spoon sprouting near the original sliver spoon, anyways, last tym i ate in silver four yrs back!!!

the park near silver spoon has been renovated, i think its called aziz bhatti park??, and in place of silver spoon, a flat(probably) is under construction

Last edited:
^^^^^Well 'digitaltiger' there are many flights operating in between India & Pakistan....... PIA have 5 flights in a week, then Air Lanka, Bangladesh Air lines, Emirates, Gulf air All air line's charges airfare return ticket @ approx Pak-Rs31000/ person ............you may get flights with out any trouble .........But in my view you will more enjoy if you make your tript by train so as you will be able to have view of the Pakistani villages and cities in the way fo your railway journey, and off-course it would be economical then expensive air fare .

frankly, i am not used to travel, as i am young, and young ppl in karachi get loads of studies, to be honest, but i love travelling and traveling ny car or train as u say is the only good mode of travel, for u experience the groud, wht sort of traveling is by air???, nothing!!!

i wish i enjoy russia, china, middle east europe(esp france, i love france and french!!), pakistan, far east asia, mountaineering in snowy mountains(if ill be extremely lucky guy), antarctica and alaska!!, because aside cultural enthusiast, i also enjoy wild tracking, trailing far into thick forests encountering the perils of jungle life!!!, i love france once again i say, i love europe country side, man PP, u live in france, do u have taste for europe country life??, i think so u do sir!!

http://www.woophy.com/travel is a good site for travelers, it have collection of photos all around the globe

Last edited:
can u share the recipe!
Thanks in advance.

I cook the best karhai in the world...take my word for it webby.
You're welcome to mi casa! :enjoy:

Yar Neo Bhai you are literily some thing....aap tu chhaa gaye hein...:tup: your taste is cooooooool, do u like then; Karhi with rice, Paeye of Buffallos with Tandori naan, Mutton stow, etc., Gul.lat'ti, Shahi tukrey, Gurh ka metha pratha. Besides hope u must like Sarsoun ka saag with desi ghee or butter and makaeye ki rotti (espciality of Punjab), and pashtun chaplee kabab... ab aur ziyada nahi muhn mein pani aanea shuroo hu giya aur bhook zoor ki lagi hey:tongue::p:cool:

BTW do you have any plan to visit Pakistan, if yes so please share it I really wish to be your host......:enjoy::cheers:

frankly, i am not used to travel, as i am young, and young ppl in karachi get loads of studies, to be honest, but i love travelling and traveling ny car or train as u say is the only good mode of travel, for u experience the groud, wht sort of traveling is by air???, nothing!!!

i wish i enjoy russia, china, middle east europe(esp france, i love france and french!!), pakistan, far east asia, mountaineering in snowy mountains(if ill be extremely lucky guy), antarctica and alaska!!, because aside cultural enthusiast, i also enjoy wild tracking, trailing far into thick forests encountering the perils of jungle life!!!, i love france once again i say, i love europe country side, man PP, u live in france, do u have taste for europe country life??, i think so u do sir!!

Woophy - Error is a good site for travelers, it have collection of photos all around the globe

Dude I agreed with you that, you may enjoy trevelling by road or by train... even trevelling by road is more joyfull rather then train. Yes I live in France but now a days i am in Pakistan till December.

Lahore Chatkhara, PC Bukhara:D, Moguls And Maharajas Curry supper,Avari Lahore(its new:enjoy:), Qaddafi Food mall,specially DERA, Fazal Haq Sri Pai (i don't eat payaas btw,i like Takka Tak)

Yar Neo Bhai you are literily some thing....aap tu chhaa gaye hein...:tup: your taste is cooooooool, do u like then; Karhi with rice, Paeye of Buffallos with Tandori naan, Mutton stow, etc., Gul.lat'ti, Shahi tukrey, Gurh ka metha pratha. Besides hope u must like Sarsoun ka saag with desi ghee or butter and makaeye ki rotti (espciality of Punjab), and pashtun chaplee kabab... ab aur ziyada nahi muhn mein pani aanea shuroo hu giya aur bhook zoor ki lagi hey:tongue::p:cool:

BTW do you have any plan to visit Pakistan, if yes so please share it I really wish to be your host......:enjoy::cheers:

i like chapplee kabab with chapati and bagharee hui daal!!! and shahi tukre u mentioned,my mother makes shahi tukre esp in ramazan days for aftaari with sweet bread and lots of "Khooya" very sugary, esp in deserts i like "kheer" slightly more cooked clear white sweet great taste, i like dahi bundia (if u ppl know it) and Rabbri and multani Soohan Halwa, one of my phuppoo makes a very nice kheer, shes expert in making kheers, another of my phuppoo, she makes a sort of wierd desert by mixing fruits and thick cream and some fruit juice (like orange or apple juice), i rem she calls it "lab-e-shereen", with eid-e-kurbaan coming soon i guess, tht will be mutton and beef party with boiled and roasted beef, beef karai gosht, bakre ke chaanp, beef stew, mutton biryani, seekh kabab, kaligi curry(is this right name??), etc etc!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

and to esp mention i love beef saagh gosht(cooked plain spanish, cooked beef spanish) !!, my mother makes it, yuum yuum!!!

Last edited:
Its not the recipe but the hand mate :enjoy:
I'll pm it to you.

"magic of hands"

so u have taste in ur hands rite??, god gifted!!!, i think u love cooking well, i love watching BBC food esp on sundays

Last edited:
I hv just been to Karachi and being a Karachiite originally, I believe I know loads of places as per your taste, wether you like chinese or local. All the highway restaurants are more or less same, some people say Lahories cook better food than karachiites but need to understand the difference of the food first between Lahore and Karachi.

Its not that Lahorey taste is bad bit ppl who live in Karachi cant eat that as the Lahorie food mostly based with little bit of spices and then loads of ghee or oil but Karachi food is 99% based on spices thats why they have better taste.

Just for good food I hv traveled all along the GT road in punjab or peshawer.

The place to go in Karachi are as under:

For Nehari gto Mumtaz Restaurant in Nazimabad(FAr better than then Zhid and Sabri).
For BBQ either goto highway , or BBQ restaurant or Pahar ganj in N. Nazimabad.

For biryani goto Masters Biryani(if you like spicy one) in Burnes road.
For only Fry kebabs goto Waheed restaurant at Burnes road.

The only place I like Pindi/ Islamabad for BBQ is Sattar Kebab huse in Raja bazar.

IF you are afraid of oil or ghee then dont go to Bhaati gate nehari in Lahore otherwise you will end up in increasing your cholestrol level. ;).

I hope this will help few here.

Are you going to be visiting Karachi only?

Well i wonder i dont see any airline operating between india and Pakistan. I beleive i have to come by Train or By road(Which i dont prefer). Neways I heard a lot about Karachi and one of my Friend (Mustafa, i wonder where is he now)on Ship was from karachi and he used to tell me a lot about karachi. He told me about some "Bade Miya" Restraunt which is famouse for Kebab. I also want to Visit Mohanjodaro. I think i need to chk with Pak Ambassy. Thanks for Reply. :wave:

Dude you can fly either on PIA, Air India from dehli or Mumbai:pakistan: and cathay Pacific from Mumbai as well.

Back
Top Bottom