What's new

Three attacks in Lahore - Attackers killed, Hostages Rescued, Operation Successful!

Wow,it's getting to almost Iraq-like proportions. My sincerest sympathies to all concerned.

Aaj idiot journalist is telling on live TV from where the forces are entering into the elite force building.

Do they follow Indian Media. NO MEDIA has sense. Most of the information to terrorist in India was provided by this MEDIA only. :hitwall:

Do they follow Indian Media. NO MEDIA has sense. Most of the information to terrorist in India was provided by this MEDIA only. :hitwall:

The entire media is acting responsibly so far, they're not reporting any movement and they're also cooperating with the security forces and aren't trying to get close to the scene.

There was only one guy who was reporting irresponsibly and since then he hasn't reported any sensitive information.

Is this biggest attack ? It looks Mumbai Style Attack when they only killed civilians.

Is fighting between security forces vs terrorist or terrorist likely to kill civilians after hostages

The entire media is acting responsibly so far, they're not reporting any movement and they're also cooperating with the security forces and aren't trying to get close to the scene.

There was only one guy who was reporting irresponsibly and since then he hasn't reported any sensitive information.

There must be law to be passed in atleast worst hit Pakistan and India not to report anything until cleared.

If you want Mumbai Attack, it was like Media was knowing everything before terrorist could do...

I hope Everyone take lessons from Indian Media (I Mean opposite), and stoping telling everything in open.

I am hearing geo tv and reporting that they are in hostel. Are in case of hostages there ?

There must be law to be passed in atleast worst hit Pakistan and India not to report anything until cleared.

If you want Mumbai Attack, it was like Media was knowing everything before terrorist could do...

I hope Everyone take lessons from Indian Media (I Mean opposite), and stoping telling everything in open.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the Pakistani Media knows how to act responsible in times of a crisis. In all major terrorists attacks, we witnessed complete media black out on several occasions, some of them even lasting for more than 6 hours.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the Pakistani Media knows how to act responsible in times of a crisis. In all major terrorists attacks, we witnessed complete media black out on several occasions, some of them even lasting for more than 6 hours.

I understand, but law will protect everything. Even single mistake will blackout whole channel by ban. If you are not aware, in India, India TV (Funniest News Channel) will broadcast live talking with terrorist. I don't why Terrorist choose only India TV for clearing their message.

Is this biggest attack ? It looks Mumbai Style Attack when they only killed civilians.

Is fighting between security forces vs terrorist or terrorist likely to kill civilians after hostages

This isn't the "Biggest" attack. Their intentions were big, but the security forces have successfully handled two of the attacks and the locations where these attacks took place have been cleared. Only one location is under siege right now where terrorists have taken some police cadets as hostages.

We have seen in recent times that the Army and the law enforcements agencies have done their job and have pushed hard to stabilize the situation. But some how i feel that it is the weak government in Islamabad that is not taking things seriously. And what can we expect from Shakti Kapoor of Pak who is not even in the country half te time, and if ever he iis in the country he is barricaded in the Presidential Palace.

A Pakistani official removes a suicide jacket from a terrorist shot dead at a law enforcing building in Lahore, Pakistan on Thursday, Oct. 15, 2009.

Pakistani anti-terror squad troops celebrate the success of a crackdown operation against terrorists who stormed a law enforcing building in Lahore, Pakistan on Thursday, Oct. 15, 2009.

Pakistan shaken by fresh attacks

Gunmen have attacked law enforcement buildings in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore, with at least seven people reported killed.

The highest-profile target was the city's Federal Investigation Agency offices. There were also co-ordinated attacks on two police academies.

Meanwhile, in the north-western town of Kohat, a suicide bomber rammed his car into a police station, killing eight.

There has been an upsurge in violence in Pakistan in the past two weeks.

Lahore itself was long spared Pakistan's militant violence, but there have been a number of attacks in the city since the start of the year.

Four gunmen attacked the Federal Investigation Agency building (FIA) in Lahore on Thursday, officials say.

At least seven people were killed in the battle - including police and attackers, officials said.

A police spokesman said: "We found grenades and a suicide jacket near one dead person. Two dead bodies have been found near the front gate. The building has been cleared and the employees are safe."

Reporters said that 300 to 500 people worked in the building.

One of the other targets was reported to be the Manawan police training academy in Lahore.

Police said three gunmen had entered and the operation to tackle them was continuing.

Firing was still going on also at the Bedia police training centre, with attackers throwing hand grenades, police said.

Lahore, the centre of Pakistan's cultural life and its most liberal major city, has seen a string of deadly attacks throughout 2009.

In one of the most notable incidents, in March gunmen attacked the visiting Sri Lankan cricket team, killing six policemen. In June a prominent anti-Taliban cleric was killed by suicide bomber at his religious school.

Thursday's attack in Kohat saw a bomber ram his car into the wall of the police station compound, police said, causing part of the station to collapse with the impact.

Eyewitnesses say that both civilians and policemen are among the dead.

The BBC's Aleem Maqbool in Islamabad says that although no group has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks there is a feeling that the militants are trying to seize the initiative.

The finger of blame, our correspondent adds, will be pointed towards the Taliban, who just a couple of weeks ago had threatened a wave of attacks against security forces unless the army's operations against them came to an end.

More than 100 people have died in a series of attacks across Pakistan in the past three weeks.

These have included a raid by militants on the army headquarters in Rawalpindi at the weekend, in which at least 20 people were killed. About 40 people were taken hostage, until security forces stormed the compound.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan shaken by fresh attacks

I on Geo TV, and some recently spoke that there could be 50 terrorist in the hostel. Anyone can confirm this. ? or either possibly I heard wrong. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom