What's new

This team Gone to Win World Cup 2015!

Bhatti took a proper beating.against NZ so he should definitely be replaced by Gul, Riaz or Shah. Im fifty fifty between Yonuis Khan and Fawad Alam. Khan hasnt played well recently but we cant forget that Khan hit three centuries against Australia in a series just a couple of months ago in UAE (september/october?). Fawad Alams is of course on the other quite a versatile player and is a nice all round addition due to his fielding but if I were to choose I think I would pick Khan due to his experience and his form against Australia at the end of last year.
Riaz is good player, why he is not selecte ? o_O even Fawad Alam is very good batsman but not selected :what:

That was Test match. Surprisingly, Younis isnt a good ODI player when the theory is a good Test batsman is a good ODI player too. Somehow he has not been able to transfer his skills to ODI. His patchy and below average ODI record is a reflection of this fact.

A strongly argued article which essentially states what you have said in your post

Younis Khan, we have had it - Blogs - DAWN.COM

Riaz is good player, why he is not selecte ? o_O even Fawad Alam is very good batsman but not selected :what:

Riaz is in the WC squad so he will probably play WC matches think given that Adil hasnt performed well in the series with NZ. As for Alam he should definitely have been in the WC squad as a back if not played, probably in place of Younis Khan or Haris Sohail.

Ahmed Shehzad, Ehsan Adil, Haris Sohail, Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Irfan, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Shahid Afridi, Sohaib Maqsood, Sohail Khan, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah, Younus Khan.

Weakest squad we've had in a very long time, not a single star player for any role.
Batting was never there, and the bowling end is now messy and useless. To keep some of the new guys around for the WC would be a mistake, also keeping Fawad Alam out is a mistake, bring him in, he's the only reliable guy who can play singles and a supporting role.

At best we can hope for the second round, that is if Ahmed Shehzad performs well from the start, Misbah plays well, and Hafeez doesn't completely flop against the pace on those pitches, all else is hopeless for batting. I would never have guessed we'd have a Wahab Riaz and a Yasir Shah as our star bowlers for the WC 2015.

I have no idea how you play cricket. it seems fun though.

Cricket is undoubtedly one of the most complex mainstream sports around, which is why It's so popular. But it will suck for us this year, weakest team we've had in a long time.

Can someone please explain to me why Fawad Alam was not in the World cup squad? He has been consistently scoring runs but was not even considered. Whats Younis Khan's contribution to Pakistan ODI team that he is back in the squad? To me he is outstandning Test player but below average ODI player.

I agree. Keeping Fawad Alam out is a really stupid move.

I donot agree with u.We have a batting till 8th number.Afridi plays at no 7 while bhatti at 8.The batsmen r there,and they have proved their capabilities quite a lt of times in the past.The problem is that they r just not consistent .We have ahmad shehzad,hafeez,younis,misbah,umer,sohaib,etc.They have the talent but the have to be consistent

I don't see the batting performing at all in the coming matches. Not a single name who can play out over many overs with a steady run rate and cool nerves. The top order won't perform for long, the middle order will die at the hands of their own nervousness, and the lower order will exist with a few very loud farts. The batting is weak, and now unfortunately, the bowling is average too, and I can't remember the last time I said that Pak's bowling names were average.

Im not talking on paper but in a run chase, the batting is as brittle is a stick of wood. No batsman can anchor the innings or take pressure. Even in small run chases this team crumbles. Its not the no. of batsmen, its the muscle.
Bro,its really sad to say that after a very long time our bowling is weaker than our batting.We have a few batsmen from whom we have expectations but in case of bowling no one promising is there.
BTW.I think umer gul should have been in the squad

I don't see the batting performing at all in the coming matches. Not a single name who can play out over many overs with a steady run rate and cool nerves. The top order won't perform for long, the middle order will die at the hands of their own nervousness, and the lower order will exist with a few very loud farts. The batting is weak, and now unfortunately, the bowling is average too, and I can't remember the last time I said that Pak's bowling names were average.
Now our bowling is weaker than our batting.As u already said that we can hope that a few batsmen play well but in case of bowling there isnt even hope

so its now proving that i pointed before World cup, that our Pakistani Team not capable enough to win Matches in World cup, now i also like to predict, that our Match with Scotland is also now very tough one.

My issue is captain, he is not leading from Front.
and scoring 50's and saying that i am performing, its not that all !

My Question, who many ODI's we won because of Misbha's 50's??

correct brother,

because when ever he played and scored 50 he took time to settle, which create pressure on the other batsman.

I cant speak for his perf. in all matches ..but int the match against India, he batted very well. he was composed and wasted very less balls to reach his score..

I cant speak for his perf. in all matches ..but int the match against India, he batted very well. he was composed and wasted very less balls to reach his score..

Brother,

I also played Hard Ball cricket lot, so i knew 1% of the cricket.
brother what's the benefit of Misbha's scores if the team lost the match.
I think , Good player is that whenever his team needed ,he performed and bring his team towards win, and win the match.

so its now proving that i pointed before World cup, that our Pakistani Team not capable enough to win Matches in World cup, now i also like to predict, that our Match with Scotland is also now very tough one.

My issue is captain, he is not leading from Front.
and scoring 50's and saying that i am performing, its not that all !

My Question, who many ODI's we won because of Misbha's 50's??

Actualy he scored 39 times 50 or more runs in which Pak won 22, lost 15, tied 1 and no result 1. But one interesting thing is in his last 10 50+ scores, Pakistan only won once that too against Zimbabwe and lost 9

Actualy he scored 39 times 50 or more runs in which Pak won 22, lost 15, tied 1 and no result 1. But one interesting thing is in his last 10 50+ scores, Pakistan only won once that too against Zimbabwe and lost 9

Brother,

Misbah is very good test Batsman, but his attitude is not aggressive which is creating problem in team, because ODI's and 20 20, we need to enter in ground with aggressive attitude.

I wonder why Najam Sethi was not selected in the team? Isn't he the best fit for every possible slot in this country?

India only scored 250+ once in the series and they lost it and the rest of the games they couldn't even make more than 200, they also were all-out in those games. Highly doubt you can call that "talent in Batting".

Maybe their batting is good in pitches around the sub-continent but not that good in Australian pitches.

We scored 300 twice in first two matches bro. But your comment was justified looking at performances during tri series. :)

Back
Top Bottom