This Pakistani Designer Has Made a Symbol for Pakistani Rupee

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Posted 2 mins ago by Raza Rizvi
Rupee.jpg

There are eight countries in the world, including Pakistan, that use Rupee as their official currency. These are Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Maldives, Nepal, Mauritius, and Seychelles.

Out of these countries only two, India and Nepal have unique symbols for it. For years, other countries have used ‘Rs’ as a currency sign to represent the monetary units.

However, a renowned Pakistani design artist and travel blogger “Assam Artist” has proposed a symbol to represent Pakistan’s currency.

assam-artist.png

According to Assam, the idea behind the move is to give Pakistani Rupee its own identity in the global market.

From the design, it occurs that the artist has given it quite a bit of thought as the symbol is a combination of Pakistan’s cultural heritage, rich history, and patriotism.

Explaining his design, Assam said:

I have merged the edges, curves, and lines of the crescent and star of the country’s flag. I also took inspiration from gender and cultural equality signs which show that we are multi-cultural people of a nation with equal rights.

81124686_2591609114226173_9016907736255823872_o.jpg

The symbol beautifully represents the country’s flag, culture, and values and also merges the ‘P’ and ‘R’ for Pakistani Rupee. Since Urdu is Pakistan’s national language, you can find glimpses of it in the symbol.

I also used two alphabets from the national language Urdu, ‘ر’ from Rupiya and ‘ا’ (alif), initial of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It is presented as Latin with a mixture of Urdu Qalam calligraphy.

Take a look at Assam’s proposal:

81612529_2591608947559523_7730821925982699520_o.jpg

assam-artist-7.png

Why not just use Arabicised "ر" and put two parallel lines across midsection; or the word "رپئہ" & put two parallel lines attached below the last alphabet?

Rupee.jpg

There are eight countries in the world, including Pakistan, that use Rupee as their official currency. These are Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Maldives, Nepal, Mauritius, and Seychelles.

Out of these countries only two, India and Nepal have unique symbols for it. For years, other countries have used ‘Rs’ as a currency sign to represent the monetary units.

However, a renowned Pakistani design artist and travel blogger “Assam Artist” has proposed a symbol to represent Pakistan’s currency.

assam-artist.png

According to Assam, the idea behind the move is to give Pakistani Rupee its own identity in the global market.

From the design, it occurs that the artist has given it quite a bit of thought as the symbol is a combination of Pakistan’s cultural heritage, rich history, and patriotism.

I have merged the edges, curves, and lines of the crescent and star of the country’s flag. I also took inspiration from gender and cultural equality signs which show that we are multi-cultural people of a nation with equal rights.

The symbol beautifully represents the country’s flag, culture, and values and also merges the ‘P’ and ‘R’ for Pakistani Rupee. Since Urdu is Pakistan’s national language, you can find glimpses of it in the symbol.

I also used two alphabets from the national language Urdu, ‘ر’ from Rupiya and ‘ا’ (alif), initial of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. It is presented as Latin with a mixture of Urdu Qalam calligraphy.

assam-artist-7.png
Looks good.

I just gave it a try and to me, this shape can be improved to make Pak Rupee symbol.

upload_2020-1-4_19-1-11.png

We do not need to have two cross lines going through it. Two crossed lines also have a religious connotation to them so we don't need that symbol.

@Stealth, mate your skills are needed. Give us some designs.

I just gave it a try and to me, this shape can be improved to make Pak Rupee Symbol.

View attachment 597745

We do not need to have two cross lines going through it. Two crossed lines also have religious connotation to them so we don't need that symbol.

The symbol that you have drawn is not easy for the eye. Overlapping shapes should be avoided.

Rupee.jpg

assam-artist.png

assam-artist-7.png

I like it.

Why not just use Arabicised "ر" and put two parallel lines across midsection; or the word "رپئہ" & put two parallel lines attached below the last alphabet?

Too unoriginal.

Design is not the problem as long as it has many features which make it extremely difficult to counterfit thats whats important security features

Rupee.jpg

assam-artist.png

assam-artist-7.png

Very bad, its copying idea from India and making your own, our designer can do much better then that if opportunity is given by government.

We can also chose one of these simple signs. Which represents both alphabet P and RS like this
IMG_20200104_155134~2.jpeg

Design is not the problem as long as it has many features which make it extremely difficult to counterfit thats whats important security features
I think this is the key. We need this asap btw. Can someone create a request on Prime Minister portal? LOL

Where is Fawwad Chaudhry? Did he get replaced? :lol:

I just gave it a try and to me, this shape can be improved to make Pak Rupee symbol.

View attachment 597745

We do not need to have two cross lines going through it. Two crossed lines also have a religious connotation to them so we don't need that symbol.

Resembling INR from the bottom. Poor design.

Not Poor, very poor... resembling INR ... typical Pakistani designer stuff... there is a difference btw getting inspiration from others and develop something or copy-paste of others work with little alteration... You have to be original. This is not a design work for any 50 people company logo. Its gonna be a symbol of state currency. Before designing, you have to do in-depth research (How many people actually recognize this or interpret this, demographic, understanding, link with your country aesthetics and credentials and so on). Sorry to say har koi idhar udhar say chezain joor jaar kar bana kar graphic designer bana huwa hey.. the designation of GD is like a joke!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom