What's new

This is why India's upcoming K-4 SLBM won't be MIRV

So at any given time Arihant can carry 12 warheads of Agni-5 size if carrying K-15 ,albeit at a loss of range as K-15 will only fly to 750 Km with that heavy warhead.
Oh come on, I'm sure they can swap out the 1000kg of masala with 180kg inside the submarine, to get more mileage. :rolleyes:

It is a second strike capability but not a massive one one for a country who wants to take upon two nuclear armed nations at the same time. Pakistan and China.
Relax, its their first step. Besides, they can afford it.

Oh come on, I'm sure they can swap out the 1000kg of masala with 180kg inside the submarine, to get more mileage. :rolleyes:

Relax, its their first step. Besides, they can afford it.

180Kg warhead?
That will be hardly 10-20 Kilotons in India's case. Unless thay have the same level of expertise in designing Nuclear warheads as USA which has 167 Kg warhead of 100Kt yield. (W-76) .

What do you mean they can afford?
Even UK where i live is struggling with SSBN which costs them 2 billion Pounds and year to run and maintain.

180Kg warhead?
That will be hardly 10-20 Kilotons in India's case. Unless thay have the same level of expertise in designing Nuclear warheads as USA which has 167 Kg warhead of 100Kt yield. (W-76) .

Even UK where i live is struggling with SSBN which costs them 2 billion Pounds and year to run and maintain.
As @amardeep mishra pointed out we have 300 kg warheads with a yield of 200-300 kt.

180Kg warhead?
That will be hardly 10-20 Kilotons in India's case. Unless thay have the same level of expertise in designing Nuclear warheads as USA which has 167 Kg warhead of 100Kt yield. (W-76).
They have the expertise, I was referring to their claims of stuffing smaller warheads into every system without caring for operational constraints or verification via trials.
I mean they can afford to build 3x Arihant class subs, before moving on to a larger class of subs for K-5.
Western SSBNs (rather most weapons systems) are much more costly to design, manufacture and operate.

Last edited:
Western SSBNs (rather most weapons systems) are much more costly to design, manufacture and operate.
True... An Indian will just sit on a live Ballistic missile , not bothering with safety procedures or safe work practices,thus cutting costs and time :lol: :lol:

C2W23lUWgAEqbgo.jpg

K-5 is on drawing broad at the moment.
Only K-15 and K-4 are being tested.
If INS Arihant is fitted with a 1.3 meter wide launch tube for K-4, i think a new type of Submarine will be needed for any future wider versions of K series SLBM.
Hi shaheen missile
K-5 is not on drawing board at the moment--it was 5 years back--but not anymore. It is under advanced development phases. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to write things which havent been published in open media.Rest assured,K-5 has in fact assumed higher priority than A-5.

Yes but K-4 being MIRV was widely reported on Indian Media and social media so i thought i will prove it wrong
Kindly do not take anything reported by "media" as seriously.They are literally dumb when it comes to engineering. In stead one should go by published literature,scientific journals,seminars that regularly take place over this side of the border. In fact I have myself attended a plethora of such seminars and interacted with those involved in some of these programs. As for the MIRV bus though-the complete weight of 200-300kT with all the GNC shouldnt be more than 400kgs--but thats again a guess work published by a guy who knew about these things much more than I do.As i said,I am good with computers and electronics--Warhead is simply not my cup of tea.
Some of my work that I do in my free time is-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Cp2aaK5GM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2waMTKRLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EVi3IkCdOg&t=37s

Last edited:
I mean they can afford to build 3x Arihant class subs, before moving on to a larger class of subs for K-5.
@The Deterrent
Absolutely correct.The follow on class of arihant is gonna have 12 silos of dia roughly equal to 2.4m. Those claiming arihant to have silo dia>3m are merely dreaming--I am referring to some of the indians who think that way! Not only the new sub will have larger silo count,it will have a new PWR currently under development at hardly 80kms from where I am right now.!

@The Deterrent
Absolutely correct.The follow on class of arihant is gonna have 12 silos of dia roughly equal to 2.4m. Those claiming arihant to have silo dia>3m are merely dreaming--I am referring to some of the indians who think that way! Not only the new sub will have larger silo count,it will have a new PWR currently under development at hardly 80kms from where I am right now.!
Can INS Arihant carry K-5?

Can INS Arihant carry K-5
First you should have K-5 ready,right? But lets just assume it has been developed and all the pontoon firings completed,It will still take couple of years to integrate it with the vessel. If they add a hump to the sub,then yes it can be accomodated,but it will again require a lot of changes which will result in arihant classes being taken out of service. This is not how things work with military engineering. They are working on a new follow on class of arihant that will take K-5

I have never seen the better use of ear bud then in your first video :) good going keep it up . you should give your inputs more ..they are really worth reading

Hi shaheen missile
K-5 is not on drawing board at the moment--it was 5 years back--but not anymore. It is under advanced development phases. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to write things which havent been published in open media.Rest assured,K-5 has in fact assumed higher priority than A-5.

Kindly do not take anything reported by "media" as seriously.They are literally dumb when it comes to engineering. In stead one should go by published literature,scientific journals,seminars that regularly take place over this side of the border. In fact I have myself attended a plethora of such seminars and interacted with those involved in some of these programs. As for the MIRV bus though-the complete weight of 200-300kT with all the GNC shouldnt be more than 400kgs--but thats again a guess work published by a guy who knew about these things much more than I do.As i said,I am good with computers and electronics--Warhead is simply not my cup of tea.
Some of my work that I do in my free time is-

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-4_10-57-40.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-4_10-57-40.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 32
  • upload_2017-2-4_10-58-2.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-4_10-58-2.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom