What's new

Pakistan developing new ICBM/SLV

Karl

Reaction score
Pakistan has constructed a new horizontal test stand for large solid-fueled motors at its Attock missile development complex.

Pakistan has been developing a new solid-fueled missile to carry heavy payloads to Indian targets, possibly MIRVed. Effectively the same idea as the old Soviet Pioneer missile. If they want a solid-fueled missile with a diameter of 2m+, they're gonna need a test stand like this.

We should take this as evidence that Pakistan is serious about developing a medium range MIRV system. India has some advantage in quick, accurate striking, so bolstering the survivability of your force by loading up individual missiles with lots of warheads is an obvious choice.

I predict full system test within 3 years. New missile likely to be canisterized.

Someone else on twitter says test stand may have SLBM applications. But since no Pakistani submarine is in development with VLS I can't see this happening within the next 10 - 15 years.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Pakistan has constructed a new horizontal test stand for large solid-fueled motors at its Attock missile development complex.

Pakistan has been developing a new solid-fueled missile to carry heavy payloads to Indian targets, possibly MIRVed. Effectively the same idea as the old Soviet Pioneer missile. If they want a solid-fueled missile with a diameter of 2m+, they're gonna need a test stand like this.

We should take this as evidence that Pakistan is serious about developing a medium range MIRV system. India has some advantage in quick, accurate striking, so bolstering the survivability of your force by loading up individual missiles with lots of warheads is an obvious choice.

I predict full system test within 3 years. New missile likely to be canisterized.

Someone else on twitter says test stand may have SLBM applications. But since no Pakistani submarine is in development with VLS I can't see this happening within the next 10 - 15 years.
Good digging 👍
Let's see what comes out of this.

The inference is from the expected rocket diameter. A 2m rocket will lead to ICBM range. Our current rocket motor is 1.4 for S3 and ababeel.
Except if it's Indian 2m dia Hagni.
The fat cow despite being 50tons isn't an ICBM.
Due to India's inferior warhead technology.
They got superior missiles but fat and heavy warheads.
Pakistan is the other way round. Inferior missiles but far better and advanced warheads

Except if it's Indian 2m dia Hagni.
The fat cow despite being 50tons isn't an ICBM.
Due to India's inferior warhead technology.
They got superior missiles but fat and heavy warheads.
Pakistan is the other way round. Inferior missiles but far better and advanced warheads
It reaches 5500km per them, so “technically” they can claim ICBM capability.

System references a missile in development similar to the two stage Soviet RSD-10 Pioneer missile class

RSD-10 Pioneer - 2.18m diameter (1st stage)
Range with MIRV warheads - 5,800 km (3 x 550KT)
Range with one 1.65 MT warhead - 7500KM

ICBM's have a range greater than 5500 KM

SLV derivative seems likely based on China's Ceres-1B but with a more powerful 1st stage.

Missile could be starting point for SLBM but no submarine in development with VLS and there does not appear to be any land based prototype integral PWR for naval propulsion either for a nuclear powered sub.

Thought occurs to me that this test stand might be used to test missile interceptors
1697668590931.png
like the Indian

PDV Mark 2​

System references a missile in development similar to the two stage Soviet RSD-10 Pioneer missile class

RSD-10 Pioneer - 2.18m diameter (1st stage)
Range with MIRV warheads - 5,800 km (3 x 550KT)
Range with one 1.65 MT warhead - 7500KM

ICBM's have a range greater than 5500 KM

SLV derivative seems likely based on China's Ceres-1B but with a more powerful 1st stage.

Missile could be starting point for SLBM but no submarine in development with VLS and there does not appear to be any land based prototype integral PWR for naval propulsion either for a nuclear powered sub.
I do hope we work on liquid fueled motor for SLV. And least for some stage(s) of the overall system.

Thought occurs to me that this test stand might be used to test missile interceptors
This, few weeks ago from @Tps43
ASAT or mid course interceptor.
I mean I can say something but let them stay unsaid.

It is what it is.

P.S: one is ground based HLR, other one is airborne & the third one is low altitude (Low-Medium range)

still there but it's on slowish pace.
Might pick up the pace soon along with anti sat missiles development.

I do hope we work on liquid fueled motor for SLV. And least for some stage(s) of the overall system.
Plenty of work was done. Capability is still there. The funds to build and launch a satellite at home aren't.
Plus China is available to launch a satellite commercially.

Remember the Ghauri program of AQ khan?
It was all liquid fueled and was co developed with SUPARCO.
AQ khan had plans for much bigger and longer range missiles.
But later the scenarios changed. India started buying and building Anti Ballistic missile systems.
That warranted the need of switching to fast moving solid motors .

Plenty of work was done. Capability is still there. The funds to build and launch a satellite at home aren't.
Plus China is available to launch a satellite commercially.

Remember the Ghauri program of AQ khan?
It was all liquid fueled and was co developed with SUPARCO.
AQ khan had plans for much bigger and longer range missiles.
But later the scenarios changed. India started buying and building Anti Ballistic missile systems.
That warranted the need of switching to fast moving solid motors .
Yes. I remember him talking about Ghauri 3 and developing a SLV (assuming based on it) back in the days.

Even a technology demonstrator with not so advanced Sat will be enough to prove the capability. I hope they do.

Back
Top Bottom