What's new

This is why India's upcoming K-4 SLBM won't be MIRV

@Bad Guy
I see you Indians flaunting this picture of Ghauri missile as testimony of failed test fire all over the Internet.
In fact this picture is the exact opposite and is a testimony of a successful test.
Do you see any explosion damage? as in the piece in smithereens? No? Still intact it is.
So no explosion during missile flight.
Also you see tiny wires still intact with rubber or plastic coloured insulation intact? So there was no fire either?
The only damage to the piece you see here is impact damage when the piece fell from a considerable height and hit the ground?
So thats evidence the missile did not suffer fire or explosion during flight and the warhead successfully separated from the guidance system visible in the image,and the piece fell to the earth. Normal procedure for any IRBM.
l The picture is testimony of successful stage separation.
ghauri_failed_crash.jpg

@Bad Guy
I see you Indians flaunting this picture of Ghauri missile as testimony of failed test fire all over the Internet.
In fact this picture is the exact opposite and is a testimony of a successful test.
Do you see any explosion damage? as in the piece in smithereens? No? Still intact it is.
So no explosion during missile flight.
Also you see tiny wires still intact with rubber or plastic coloured insulation intact? So there was no fire either?
The only damage to the piece you see here is impact damage when the piece fell from a considerable height and hit the ground?
So thats evidence the missile did not suffer fire or explosion during flight and the warhead successfully separated from the guidance system visible in the image,and the piece fell to the earth. Normal procedure for any IRBM.
l The picture is testimony of successful stage separation.
ghauri_failed_crash.jpg
That was actually the terminal correction system (containing the missile's flight control computer and associated maneuvering equipment), which is separated from the booster after boost phase terminates. It performs corrections for errors which occur during boost, and jettisons the RV as soon as its job is done. Later, both the RV and this TCS re-enter the atmosphere, and the RV hits its target whereas the TCS sustains damages during re-entry and crashes into the ground.

This particular test was not a failure per se. Probably an intentional trajectory change caused the TCS to crash near populated areas. Both the TCS and the booster always crash, its just that they do so over uninhabited areas (for Ghauri) and over sea (for the Shaheen series).

That said, Pakistan has faced more failures (sometimes in forms of very expensive fireworks) in its missile development history than India. Its just something Pakistan doesn't acknowledges, and has every right to do so.

What you mean or do not Mean had ZERO value.
Fact is no MIRVs or even MRVs were tested in this particular test.
Oh my, I seem to have hit some nerves.

Last edited:
That was actually the terminal correction system (containing the missile's flight control computer and associated maneuvering equipment), which is separated from the booster after boost phase terminates. It performs error corrections which occur during boost, and jettisons the RV as soon as its job is done. Later, both the RV and this TCS re-enter the atmosphere, and the RV hits its target whereas the TCS sustains damages during re-entry and crashes into the ground.

This particular test was not a failure per se. Probably an intentional trajectory change caused the TCS to crash near populated areas. Both the TCS and the booster always crash, its just that they do so over uninhabited areas (for Ghauri) and over sea (for the Shaheen series).

That said, Pakistan has faced more failures (sometimes in forms of very expensive fireworks) in its missile development history than India. Its just something Pakistan doesn't acknowledges, and has every right to do so.

Oh my, I seem to have hit some nerves.
Yes true . Every country suffers from failed tests. Musharraf even said so in an interview as the reason for canceling Ghauri program. He witnessed multiple failures.
But this particular case and picture depicts the exact opposite. Its success .

You guys can put MIRVs on MRBMs?
If right I'm waiting for orbital launch from Pakistan.
Hi @Bad Guy
kindly note that this thread is about warheads and perhaps discussion pertaining to respective strategic missiles in each other's inventory.It is not about indian launch vehicles. So refering to LVs in a thread doesnt make any sense. We should stick to point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom