This is why India's upcoming K-4 SLBM won't be MIRV

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
k41-png.374225

I think K-5 will be,

An equally MIRV capable SLBM should be built by Pak.

I think K-5 will be,

An equally MIRV capable SLBM should be built by Pak.
K-5 is on drawing broad at the moment.
Only K-15 and K-4 are being tested.
If INS Arihant is fitted with a 1.3 meter wide launch tube for K-4, i think a new type of Submarine will be needed for any future wider versions of K series SLBM.

Quoting amandeep mishra:

MIRV is no urgent need for India as Pakistan is yet to demonstrate mirv capabilities.
Yes but K-4 being MIRV was widely reported on Indian Media and social media so i thought i will prove it wrong :D

Safriz has passed in flying colours Diploma in Visually Analysing Complex Combat Systems from Screen Grabs (VACCSSG) from Chinese University for Peoples Liberation Army Internet Force (CHU-PLIF).

His broken record is from 50 Cents.
Its simple logic. Any Missile which is just 1.3 meters wide cannot carry MIRV. Find me another example from anywhere else in the world?

K-5 is on drawing broad at the moment.
Only K-15 and K-4 are being tested.
If INS Arihant is fitted with a 1.3 meter wide launch tube for K-4, i think a new type of Submarine will be needed for any future wider versions of K series SLBM.
Arihant SILOs are 3.2 meters in diameter, while the K4 missile is shown as being 1.3 meters in diameter. Ergo, I think, Arihant can carry 8 K4 missiles, not 4.

*Added Later*:

The K15 diameter is 0.75 meters, and three of those can squeeze in a silo, that means a minimum silo diameter of 3.2 meters.Which means, one of Arihant silos can definitely take two K4 missiles per silo. Ergo, eight K4 missiles per Arihant.

Arihant SILOs are 3.2 meters in diameter, while the K4 missile is shown as being 1.3 meters in diameter. Ergo, I think, Arihant can carry 8 K4 missiles, not 4.

*Added Later*:

The K15 diameter is 0.75 meters, and three of those can squeeze in a silo, that means a minimum silo diameter of 3.2 meters.Which means, one of Arihant silos can definitely take two K4 missiles per silo. Ergo, eight K4 missiles per Arihant.
Any link or other logical evidence to support your claim of Arihant VLS being 3.2 meters wide?
If its 3.2 meters wide it can carry 4 K-4 each at 1.3 meter wide or 13 K-14 each at 0.75 meters wide.
However having studied naval Architecture myself, i doubt it is structurally possible for a submarine to host 4 gaping holes of 3.2 meters each.

Last edited:
Any link or other logical evidence to support your claim of Arihant VLS being 3.2 meters wide?
If its 3.2 meters wide it can carry 4 K-4 each at 1.3 meter wide or 13 K-14 each at 0.75 meters wide.
However having studied naval Architecture myself, i doubt it is structurally possible for a submarine to host 4 gaping holes of 3.2 meters each.
Simple maths:
httpwwwmath,stackexchange,com/questions/666491/three-circles-within-a-larger-circle

Simple maths:
httpwwwmath,stackexchange,com/questions/666491/three-circles-within-a-larger-circle
A 3.2 meter wide gaping hole cannot be held by a submarine just 11m wide. Will make the sub structurally very weak.
2m wide is more plausible and that will accommodate one K-4 each or 4 K-15 each.

A 3.2 meter wide gaping hole cannot be held by a submarine just 11m wide. Will make the sub structurally very weak.
2m wide is more plausible and that will accommodate one K-4 each or 4 K-15 each.
which is why there are only 4 silos.

Yes but K-4 being MIRV was widely reported on Indian Media and social media so i thought i will prove it wrong :D
well on Pakistani media and social media too it was widely reported that Pakistan tested MIRVs in recent test when in fact there were no such tests of MIRVs in that test.

Indian media like to brag and come up with Indian
achievements without verifying the fact. But you can't blame them as their military and politicians are also into fiction. I had also seen lots of report on k-4 or Agni -5 being MIRV that later turn out to be lies. Why can't these guys walk the walk before bragging

Yes that makes sense. A 1.7 m wide VLS will carry 3 K-15 each or one K-4 each.
So at any given time Arihant can carry 12 warheads of Agni-5 size if carrying K-15 ,albeit at a loss of range as K-15 will only fly to 750 Km with that heavy warhead.
Or 4 Agni-5 size warheads if carrying 4 K-4s.
It is a second strike capability but not a massive one one for a country who wants to take upon two nuclear armed nations at the same time. Pakistan and China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom