ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is What Karachi Is Really Like

Eva Zu Beck

Published on Sep 5, 2018

When PIA (Pakistan Airlines International) invited me to Karachi to shoot a vlog, I couldn’t resist the opportunity. Karachi may have a dubious reputation among international travellers, but what I found surpassed my wildest expectations. What exactly happened? Well - sit back and join the adventure.

What I can't understand about Pakistani's is why they tout Karachi so much. It's big city and everything but for a international tourist Mumbai would have everything Karachi has but bigger, better, safer and wthout restrictions. You want to sell something unique to Pakistan. This is where Northern Pakistan comes into it's own. It offers something that India can't.

What I can't understand about Pakistani's is why they tout Karachi so much. It's big city and everything but for a international tourist Mumbai would have everything Karachi has but bigger, better, safer and wthout restrictions. You want to sell something unique to Pakistan. This is where Northern Pakistan comes into it's own. It offers something that India can't.
Every City , Every Town , Every Street , even every road has its own Story even if they look same they will tell you different tails
For that Karachi was and still ( in a sense ) is door way to Pakistan not just for its history , population , industry
All cities are quite unique in there own way,
Sailkot Birth of Iqbal , city in Mahabharata itself
Karachi Birth of Quaid e Azam City of Lights ,
Multan invasion of Alexander the great , known city of Gold
Faisalabad replica of union jack
Gujrat sweet-smelling city
Quetta a city which has seen Ghanavi , Mongols
Peshawar door way to Afghanistan and Central Asia.
Rawalpindi a ruined town now the major hub of Pakistan.

Every traveller needs a start these cities are that , than you have untouched regions of Pakistan which are still same as they were 1000 years ago , its the balance of cities , villages , wilderness which makes you appreciate them and one cant be appreciated without the other

For that Karachi was and still gateway
How so? The age of sail ended before even 1947. If you divide Pakistan in half more people live in north then south.

Every City
True but tourist from outside are not going to spend months or years to pick up the nuances of every street corner but will just have enough time to pick the essence of the cities. Everything Karachi has Mumbai has. Only Mumbai has it on greater and grander scale. Millions of tourists go to India. Tell me why should they visit Karachi when they can see the real Mccoy in India? New Delhi/Mumbai/Agra.

You want them to visit Pakistan because it has something unique not another downgraded iteration of India. When tourist visit G-B, K-Pk, Islamabad, AJK, Balochistan or even Multan they see something unique that they won't see in India.

Tell that to hateful anti national Karachiites.

Tell that to hateful anti national Karachiites.
My point was tourists who might come to Pakistan are not going to come for lights, clubs, bars, nightlife, industry. They have enough of that in regions closer to them.

Which leaves those wanting to see and taste unique cultures, stunning landscapes and or history. India already has sold itself as a exotic culture and millions on millions of tourist pour into India. Karachi has no landscapes - sorry the beach does not count. There are dozens of other beaches that are cleaner and more stunning in Mediteranean, the Gulf and India. Karachi has no unique culture other than that brought from Delhi, Agra, Mumbai or Lucknow. Since tourists get to see the orginal and real thing in India why would they want to come to Karachi? India offers more and better. That leaves history. Karachi has very little history. It really took off under the British Raj and anything post 1947 is of little interest to foreigners.

however the culture of Hunza and G-B is unique. So is the stunning landscapes. India can't offer that. The area around Islamabad both west/east is full of historical gems like Taxila, Sirkap, Khyber Pass and again the food/culture is unique which India can't offer. This is how Pakistan can brand and sell to tourists. Something unique to Pakistan.

How so? The age of sail ended before even 1947. If you divide Pakistan in half more people live in north then south.

True but tourist from outside are not going to spend months or years to pick up the nuances of every street corner but will just have enough time to pick the essence of the cities. Everything Karachi has Mumbai has. Only Mumbai has it on greater and grander scale. Millions of tourists go to India. Tell me why should they visit Karachi when they can see the real Mccoy in India? New Delhi/Mumbai/Agra.

You want them to visit Pakistan because it has something unique not another downgraded iteration of India. When tourist visit G-B, K-Pk, Islamabad, AJK, Balochistan or even Multan they see something unique that they won't see in India.

1st about Karachi being the doorway, Karachi is the biggest city of Pakistan , Highest used Airport in Pakistan ( even if the age of sail is dead, aviation is not ) you need to combine Lahore and ISB passenger count to get something similar

Other thing is the tourist , what kind of thing they are look for ,If they are here just to visit Pakistan and Travel Pakistan they will start from major cities and than go to smaller and other places they wanted to visit.
if they are not on world tour does it make sense to city to visit Indian cities and than go to NWFP or GB KPK no because all that what they will find in Pakistani KPK , GB , Baluchistan .
India has something similar to it , so Whats the point in visiting Pakistan at all even with all its problem people still think India is much safer than Pakistan to travel.

India also has Himalayas , India also has half of Kashmir , half of Punjab , India also has Thar , Why Visit Pakistani Baluchistan when you can visit Irani one or heck similar terrain in India. So Pakistan is not that UNIQUE
Everything depends on the person who visiting you cant simply force people that they shouldn't visit Karachi because something is similar is available in different country as i said every city has its own history

So you should be happy that people are promoting your cities , Karachi is part of Pakistan as like others are if someone one is travelling through one why not visit the other

My point was tourists who might come to Pakistan are not going to come for lights, clubs, bars, nightlife, industry. They have enough of that in regions closer to them.

Which leaves those wanting to see and taste unique cultures, stunning landscapes and or history. India already has sold itself as a exotic culture and millions on millions of tourist pour into India. Karachi has no landscapes - sorry the beach does not count. There are dozens of other beaches that are cleaner and more stunning in Mediteranean, the Gulf and India. Karachi has no unique culture other than that brought from Delhi, Agra, Mumbai or Lucknow. Since tourists get to see the orginal and real thing in India why would they want to come to Karachi? India offers more and better. That leaves history. Karachi has very little history. It really took off under the British Raj and anything post 1947 is of little interest to foreigners.

however the culture of Hunza and G-B is unique. So is the stunning landscapes. India can't offer that. The area around Islamabad both west/east is full of historical gems like Taxila, Sirkap, Khyber Pass and again the food/culture is unique which India can't offer. This is how Pakistan can brand and sell to tourists. Something unique to Pakistan.
It also has a strong Sindhi influence. Don't forget that.

Karachi is megacity with a history and culture in it's own right. Why wouldn't you want people to visit it? It's only recently become safe. I've never been personally, but plan to one day.

I've seen you people first hand. You outright hate punjabis. And its not even about PMLN.
It is just plain hatred. And still play the randi rona of being neglected.

I worked at a place owned by a Karachiite with other Karachiites and someone left an anonymous note saying stop employment of Punjabis at your business.

Only my co workers knew I am punjabi.
And this is one of many instances of u fukheads discriminating against my people/me.

I say the army has made a mistake by stopping ur slaughter u ppl deserve all the as$ whooping u can get.
Which kind of nationalist ? be a bit specific so that you can be bitch slapped with answers

i am from karachi, who lives in USA currently, and Karachiites as loyal/ nationalist as other part of the country, so don't spread hates in PDF @Ahmet Pasha :hitwall:

True. Same here.....................:smitten::pakistan:

Cut the bullsht u people are filled with hatred and all of u are secretly drones of Altaf Hussain and share separatist idealogy.
I never hated Karachiites as I lived in RWP near GHQ and went to school with kids of army officers who were Karachiites. They were some of the best folks I met.

One of the biggest offices of MQM is located in my state. And literally hundreds of thousands of Karachiites enthusiastically attend all events/activities.

But the ones I have met here are outright hateful and ashamed of their own country and culture.

Your arrogance just boggles my mind. And then u cry foul. But sadly this is ur reality.

Ur Indian hindu brothers also discriminate against Punjabis in Indian Punjab as well. Trying really hard to impede progress there.

But when u need someone to fight is the Pakistani pathan and punjabi u have to hide behind. Bunch of pathetic pu**ies.

Same goes for India it has to rely on its gurkhas and punjabi sikhs.

Karachi is the Gateway to Pakistan. The Metropolis offers a mini Pakistan in Pakistan and has a history rich and vibrant Rarely matched.

Hopefully the new government will pay attention to its infrastructure and will make it again the New York of the East.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom