What's new

This is the language most Pakistanis want to learn

Nah i was just messing with ya ypu should go ahead
No, now I have my mind fixed on growing Avocados, I'll scream at them in French to ripen already!.
That way I can utilize my ability to speak French (when I learn it).

The real education and knowledge is learning of languages and technical or professional education.

for me.. i think i would like to learn German and Korean..

and if we want a pre-mughal turkic/turkish influence in india we need only look at where the tomb of razia sultan is :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razia_Sultana
indeed what a great administrator she was,her brother ditched her,else, she would had ruled a fair swath of subcontinent,i personally like her:-)

what i dislike is this sudden affiliated some pakistanis have found for turkey and that affiliation is more to do with erdogan and his mullah party than with turkey itself... pakistanis should instead be supporting the turkish revolutionary movements like dhkp-c.

well,its not like that the love has developed out of the blue,we have a considerable amount of folks with Turkish ancestry,hailing from different Turkish tribes like The Mughals Ghilzai, Khilji,Kharoti,Hotak ,Karlugs,Baigh---- (sir @HAKIKAT or @Sinan could explain more:)) ----as for the new found childish love,Ummah is in our psyche,if the kids here find any Muslim president/P.M doing bravdo and bluster even only for the sake for it,they tend to think that they have found some sort of Messiah for ummah,when Ahmedi nijad was president,the love was at its vertex,reason being,he did more "oey nae chadaa'n (choro'n) ga" than his Turkish counterpart :bunny:

@Mentee @Zibago @django , how should i reply to this gentleman?? :D
excuse his ignorance your excellency:D

France was the center of the Romantic movement and the French language was enriched by the philosophies and thoughts of that time. And that is the great appeal of French, it is the primary language of Romanticism. But today we are well past the Romantic era.
I think today after English, Japanese is the most relevant language to these times. Japanese has terms like shinshinto meaning "falling so gently", which captures the desire of today's man for things to fall into place effortlessly or rights things to happen in an unforced manner. And yokataa meaning "what a relief" which truly reflects the desire of today's man to be relieved of worries.

Woh nasal wali tone nai :unsure:

Many Punjabi sounds do, just think about words like cha, taiyon, pao. Its bizzare how Punjabi is the only tonal indo-european language given that it is surrounded by non-tonal ones.

For me it was German....apart from the gutteral sound most of the words sounded English or derivatives then Italian again a language where you just add a suffix to most English words and add some attitude- viola you get Italian :rofl:

I found Arabic hard Man that was some headache changing feminine/ masculine and then past/ present and lets not forget the 16 odd he /she /they for 2 they for 2 or more they female only they male and female....Man I forgot most of it now :cray:

Though pronouncing vice I found Mandarin harder than Cantonese....Actually I have problems with the Mandarin tones they have a very thick "err" sounding @Chinese-Dragon is that right?

Arabic is a very difficult language to learn properly, I am trying at the moment and the sentence formation, three letter root system etc is all just so alien to Indo-European languages. German too is comparatively easy for me given that I know Swedish fluently and the two languages are quite close, albeit with German sounding a lot harsher than the Scandinavian languages.

I think Farsi is a language that should be easier to learn for Pakistanis. I haven't given it a shot yet but based on the little I have read, my gut reaction is that it is probably the easiest foreign language to learn for a Pakistani.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom