What's new

This German couple spent 9 weeks in Pakistan to prove that it is safe for visitors

Haha:) In Pakistan we are proud of our Turkic history. Partly because a large amount of our population has linage that is Turkic. This also explains why a lot of Pakistani's love Turkey:) I wouldn't be surprised if you were to conquer the world again:) Turks have been pioneers in science, warfare, maths, literature..the lists can go on:)

Our cuisine is heavily influenced by Central Asia, however, it depends on which province you travel to. For example in Peshawar they don't use that much spice and one of my favorite dishes in the world is called namak goshat (salted lamb) Trust me this looks like a simple dish, however, its exceedingly tasty. Check out the video below. Urdu definitely as a language is influenced by Persian, Arabic and Turkic. Allama Iqbal was influenced by Sheikh Rumi's work.

I appreciate your words greatly, it puts a big smile on my face. Hope should never be underestimated, because that is possibly the strongest emotion that drives a human being through the times of struggle - and I believe the Ummah is in the times of struggle in the modern world, but I see a spark of light, and together we can turn it into a star insha-Allah.

Once I get home I'll watch the video you have embedded :-) right now I have a course.

I'm sure Pakistan is nothing like what is projected in the media, likewise for India.
Ppl say places like Islamabad,Lahore, Faisalabad (your place @Arsalan ) etc are great places to visit.
Does it get too cold in Islamabad? I would like to nudge a few ppl I know there like.........keep guessing. :P

Will I get a visa??
Don't you dare say NO. Grrr @shimshali
Well i do not have to say "you are welcome", you know it, right? :)

There is so much to see and do here in Pakistan that i assure you would love your stay and it will be a great experience. I am quite confident that it will be same in case of India as well. Let us just hope and pray that this war mongering ends and the media get a bit more sensible and just stop spreading only negative news.

@Levina just come to FSD .. and rest is up to me. That's my city too.

@Arsalan what a good feeling to know that you're also from FSD... the great..!
Yess!!

Dont remember exactly but it was just a few weeks back that i was told you are from Faisalabad. Felt the same way. :) :tup: I think there is one other guy from Faisalabad too, just cant remember him. @RAMPAGE also have some Faisalabad connection i suppose though he wont admit that easily :P :D

movie nahi dekhi par jab faisalabad jao gi to Faisalabad ke ghanta ghar main ghari ki ghanti bajana nahi bhoolna
:astagh:

Parampara!! :D

In fact, the countries we Türks count mostly on is Pakistan and Azerbaijan.
An alliance by these three nations could achieve so much. Pak Turk Azb should enhance ties in EVERY field, defence, education, health, tourism, cross cultural ties, promote each others languages, policing etc.

I appreciate your words greatly, it puts a big smile on my face. Hope should never be underestimated, because that is possibly the strongest emotion that drives a human being through the times of struggle - and I believe the Ummah is in the times of struggle in the modern world, but I see a spark of light, and together we can turn it into a star insha-Allah.

Once I get home I'll watch the video you have embedded :-) right now I have a course.
Every Pakistani has great admiration for the Ottomon Empire. Who could forget Gollipoli and Kamal Mustaphas charge agaisnt the allied forces!

Heard the food is good too?

Think i have seen enough of North, wouldn't mind visiting Ladakh and that side of Kashmir and meet the locals.

:tup:
Wouldn't mind travelling through Rajasthan and area, have read that they've got some good local food.

Good would be a very understatement. Food is one thing this city is famous for. Bengalis are horribly foody. Once capital of the British India, this place is a mixed bowl of ethnicity; From traditional north , the much sophisticated south of the city, the china town in the east, all are known for their own specialties. I am sure you will add up some extra pounds before you leave :-)

An alliance by these three nations could achieve so much. Pak Turk Azb should enhance ties in EVERY field, defence, education, health, tourism, cross cultural ties, promote each others languages, policing etc.
!

Totally agreeing to this. Whatever Turkey demanded from the western world was never fulfilled, Turkey tried to enter EU for many decades, tried to remove the visum to EU countries - but the promises were never held, wanted to get economical aid from UN and EU but never really got the entire sum, demanded anti aircraft missiles from US/EU but all offers were turned back, demanding to clean the terrorists groupings within Syria and Iraq - PKK/YPG/PYD and ISIS - but despite not fulfilling the demand they deliberately openly supported these terrorists groupings. The list is unfortunately too huge, I could go on for long.

The only reason Turkey still is a part of the western world in policies is only due security. If Turkey could establish stronger ties with Asian countries and most importantly the dear countries like Pakistan, Azerbaijan and the Turkic nations inbetween - plus forming a real alliance with Russia and China instead of US and EU - that day Turkey would be much faster growing and possibly stronger ties to Muslim countries then would be much easier to execute.

Until now Turkey was very crippled, up until few years ago, but slowly things are changing. I hope the changes will be steady.

Every Pakistani has great admiration for the Ottomon Empire. Who could forget Gollipoli and Kamal Mustaphas charge agaisnt the allied forces!

As a matter of fact, Kamal pasha was truly a successful army leader. He had much superior strategies than the allied forces in the battle of Gallipoli. He managed to hold the lines against a much greater army both in numbers and fire power.
And he was a great figure of hope in the war of independence. I truly admire his quality in battle.

But after 1923 he turned Türkiye into an unnecessary fight against the Islamic structure and acceptance in Türks. He did many fights against Islamic structure, his ideals were only western so partly he was demonizing his very own path - the path of the Ottoman Empire.

So, personally, I divide him into two qualities. One I admire, one I despise.

Totally agreeing to this. Whatever Turkey demanded from the western world was never fulfilled, Turkey tried to enter EU for many decades, tried to remove the visum to EU countries - but the promises were never held, wanted to get economical aid from UN and EU but never really got the entire sum, demanded anti aircraft missiles from US/EU but all offers were turned back, demanding to clean the terrorists groupings within Syria and Iraq - PKK/YPG/PYD and ISIS - but despite not fulfilling the demand they deliberately openly supported these terrorists groupings. The list is unfortunately too huge, I could go on for long.

The only reason Turkey still is a part of the western world in policies is only due security. If Turkey could establish stronger ties with Asian countries and most importantly the dear countries like Pakistan, Azerbaijan and the Turkic nations inbetween - plus forming a real alliance with Russia and China instead of US and EU - that day Turkey would be much faster growing and possibly stronger ties to Muslim countries then would be much easier to execute.

Until now Turkey was very crippled, up until few years ago, but slowly things are changing. I hope the changes will be steady.

As a matter of fact, Kamal pasha was truly a successful army leader. He had much superior strategies than the allied forces in the battle of Gallipoli. He managed to hold the lines against a much greater army both in numbers and fire power.
And he was a great figure of hope in the war of independence. I truly admire his quality in battle.

But after 1923 he turned Türkiye into an unnecessary fight against the Islamic structure and acceptance in Türks. He did many fights against Islamic structure, his ideals were only western so partly he was demonizing his very own path - the path of the Ottoman Empire.

So, personally, I divide him into two qualities. One I admire, one I despise.
Pakistan has everything to offer unfortunatly the political leadership is extremely corrupt and the poor citizens are the ones that suffer. At times it is the fault of the citizens who keep voting crooks into parliament so it is stalemate and never ending. Yes, Turkey has been used by the west just like Pakistan during the soviet occupation of Afghanistan and the decade old war on terror by Bush and Blair. Pakistan suffered immensely in this war and continues to bleed today. Turkey can help strengthen Pakistan and together they could forge a strong alliance. Pakistan has gained tremendous battle experience fighting in the highest rough rugged mountains agaisnt enemies who had the original ISIL mentality. A dangerous enemy who fought till the end and are still doing so. Pakistan and Turkey have a unique bond of bortherhood Turkey has extensive technology and Pakistan has dozens of nuclear weapons. Both together can be enough for any enemies. Regarding Kamal Mustapha, we regard him as a great solider of Turkey but we also recognise how he disintegrated the Ottoman Khalifat. We stay neutral on the matter as we never want to insult or mock our Turkish brothers and sisters over their historical matters.

One of the reasons why I admire and respect the Turkish people is because they show great love to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). They have kept the traditions of celebrating Mawlid, which is also very big in Pakistan and have shown the world how Islam is a beautiful religion. Even today the arrogant western world still remembers the Ottoman Millet System. The Ummah is struggling, because the forces of Dajjal are becoming stronger. Yet, like you said, hope is one of the strongest emotions we have.

The Muslim world must first become economically strong. Instead of bickering amongst each other we need to unite under one banner. We should increase our trade, share our technology, and protect each other militarily. In my opinion Indonesia and Turkey can play a big role in this, and of course Pakistan:) But always remember the common man in Pakistan will always love his brothers and sisters in Turkey.

Pakistan has everything to offer unfortunatly the political leadership is extremely corrupt and the poor citizens are the ones that suffer. At times it is the fault of the citizens who keep voting crooks into parliament so it is stalemate and never ending. Yes, Turkey has been used by the west just like Pakistan during the soviet occupation of Afghanistan and the decade old war on terror by Bush and Blair. Pakistan suffered immensely in this war and continues to bleed today. Turkey can help strengthen Pakistan and together they could forge a strong alliance. Pakistan has gained tremendous battle experience fighting in the highest rough rugged mountains agaisnt enemies who had the original ISIL mentality. A dangerous enemy who fought till the end and are still doing so. Pakistan and Turkey have a unique bond of bortherhood Turkey has extensive technology and Pakistan has dozens of nuclear weapons. Both together can be enough for any enemies. Regarding Kamal Mustapha, we regard him as a great solider of Turkey but we also recognise how he disintegrated the Ottoman Khalifat. We stay neutral on the matter as we never want to insult or mock our Turkish brothers and sisters over their historical matters.
Much appreciated and agreed. It is our generation and the future generations who can further strengthen our bonds. I think both honorable nations has shared many mutual experiences in war of terror. Turkey has fought PKK for almost 40 years, Pakistan has fought various types of rebels for several decades as well. Sharing military technology and know-how will only benefit both nations and its brotherly bond. We as Türks always count on Pakistani nuclear warheads - if only Türkiye would also start its own indigenous nuclear programme in the near future. There are though growing barriers as most UN countries are against nuclear warheads.

I appreciate your thoughts on Kamal pasha. It is a topic that even Türkiye is not ready to discuss.

Much appreciated and agreed. It is our generation and the future generations who can further strengthen our bonds. I think both honorable nations has shared many mutual experiences in war of terror. Turkey has fought PKK for almost 40 years, Pakistan has fought various types of rebels for several decades as well. Sharing military technology and know-how will only benefit both nations and its brotherly bond. We as Türks always count on Pakistani nuclear warheads - if only Türkiye would also start its own indigenous nuclear programme in the near future. There are though growing barriers as most UN countries are against nuclear warheads.

I appreciate your thoughts on Kamal pasha. It is a topic that even Türkiye is not ready to discuss.
I dislike the PKK as they are causing Turkey many problems and they are being used to put forward their own ideology which is not in favour of several neighbouring countries who have Kurdish communities. Important to note, we do not hate Kurdish people. The late Benazir Bhutos mother was of Kurdish ancestry. I have met many Kurds from northern Iraq and they are nice decent people. It's the same with Indian people, outside the subcontinent the huge expat communities of Indo Pak people live as neighbours, friends, work colleagues and even forge family relations through marriages between Muslims of India and Pakistanis.

I dislike the PKK as they are causing Turkey many problems and they are being used to put forward their own ideology which is not I favour of several neighbouring countries who have Kirdish communities. Important to note we do not hate Kurdish people. The late Benazir Bhuto Les mother was of Kurdish ancestry. I have met many Kurds from northern Iraq and they are nice decent people. It's the same with Indian people, outside the subcontinent the huge expat communities of Indo Pak people live as neighbours, friends, work colleagues and even forge family relations through marriages between Muslims of India and Pakistanis.
In Turkey the Kurdish minority represents around 25% of the entire Turkish population. I myself have been to cities like Diyarbakir, Gaziantep, Urfa where the majority is the Kurdish population, and I can tell that these people are probably the most welcoming people I've ever seen. They are as well great cook's. I have allt of great experience with Kurdish people in general.
One must never associate PKK with Kurds in general. PKK is only serving the western agenda and being supplied by the western world.

The majority of Kurdish people are voting for AKP. This must be enough proof.

In Turkey the Kurdish minority represents around 25% of the entire Turkish population. I myself have been to cities like Diyarbakir, Gaziantep, Urfa where the majority is the Kurdish population, and I can tell that these people are probably the most welcoming people I've ever seen. They are as well great cook's. I have allt of great experience with Kurdish people in general.
One must never associate PKK with Kurds in general. PKK is only serving the western agenda and being supplied by the western world.

The majority of Kurdish people are voting for AKP. This must be enough proof.
I agree as a good Kurdish friend mentioned how he had many fond memories of Istanbul. However he disliked the Istanbul police due to harassment and stop and search policy which he feels only targeted Kurds. I've also met some Syrians who also had many positive things to say about Turkey.

I agree as a good Kurdish friend mentioned how he had many fond memories of Istanbul. However he disliked the Istanbul police due to harassment and stop and search policy which he feels only targeted Kurds. I've also met some Syrians who also had many positive things to say about Turkey.
Istanbul police is probably the police department in the world that has biggest capacity of police officers and doing most search per population in the world - without exaggerating. They daily find hundreds of kilos of explosives and drugs and weapons. One must understand that the city of Istanbul is a very divergent city, both in terms of culture, ethnicity, religion but also a very divergent city for terrorism and various of other interests of the world. It wouldn't surprise me that there is a tendency that Kurds are more often being searched than Turkic people - due to the link between Kurdish people and DHKP-C, PKK and not Turkic people.

I feel the pain of Syrians, our government has warmly welcomed them, and I'm really proud of that. I hope the Syrians will not be ungrateful in the next upcoming years. Erdogan stated that perhaps they will achieve citizenship. So for now things seems quite frankly positive :-)

He can bragg as much as he wants. The police is doing what its supposed to do. Perhaps he should have more knowledge on how his peers in the Southeast are holding up revolting against the state.

He can bragg as much as he wants. The police is doing what its supposed to do. Perhaps he should have more knowledge on how his peers in the Southeast are holding up revolting against the state.
Without knowing him you can't make an opinion based on his experience. What makes you think he supports the PKK or the rebellion in the southeast? He's from northern Iraq and his city has been devastated by ISIL of whom he hates.

Istanbul police is probably the police department in the world that has biggest capacity of police officers and doing most search per population in the world - without exaggerating. They daily find hundreds of kilos of explosives and drugs and weapons. One must understand that the city of Istanbul is a very divergent city, both in terms of culture, ethnicity, religion but also a very divergent city for terrorism and various of other interests of the world. It wouldn't surprise me that there is a tendency that Kurds are more often being searched than Turkic people - due to the link between Kurdish people and DHKP-C, PKK and not Turkic people.

I feel the pain of Syrians, our government has warmly welcomed them, and I'm really proud of that. I hope the Syrians will not be ungrateful in the next upcoming years. Erdogan stated that perhaps they will achieve citizenship. So for now things seems quite frankly positive :-)
Makes sense and I completely understand as I have visited Istanbul and it is a huge diverse metropolis. Protectting any large city is a must and there is great admiration for the police department how they and the mass civilian population were able to quickly resolve the coup attempt by rebels. Turkey has strong civilian services.

Back
Top Bottom