What's new

This German couple spent 9 weeks in Pakistan to prove that it is safe for visitors

my favourite is also Rajma dhal with white rice and its an institution in our family on saturday evening
yet we call it moti di dhaal and i always add hot milk to the rice and pour the dhaal on top .

indian-dish-rajma-served-chawal-rice-30006400.jpg
I know right? There is nothing as tasty as this dish, chicken rice/naan comes close second :P
After seeing this pic i feel like eating some spicy North Indian food but it is 1 AM here and I only have bread butter with me right now :cry:

I know right? There is nothing as tasty as this dish, chicken rice/naan comes close second :P
After seeing this pic i feel like eating some spicy North Indian food but it is 1 AM here and I only have bread butter with me right now :cry:

yes fully agree its also my favourite .:tup:
i heard in south India they add coconut milk to it as opposed to cow milk like my family does

i heard in south India they add coconut milk to it as opposed to cow milk like my family does
I have eaten Rajma Chawal in South India and it sucks.
Rajma Chawal is best made in homes of Delhi, though we do not add any kind of milk in it. Maybe there is some other method of preparing Rajma with milk which I am not aware of.

Most of these dishes I believe were invented during the Mughal Dynasty who also happen to Turkic:)
Turks are known to be founders of empires in history :D that's why we still believe one day we will again be the conquerors of the world (world as in where things and places matter) :D

When I look through your dishes I find many similarities with Turkish (Ottoman) cuisine, even many of the dishes names originates from Turkish language afaic - as a matter of fact Urdu being the army (ordu) language.

I have eaten Rajma Chawal in South India and it sucks.
Rajma Chawal is best made in homes of Delhi, though we do not add any kind of milk in it. Maybe there is some other method of preparing Rajma with milk which I am not aware of.

have never tried south Indian rajma chawal .
we add malai (warm milk) to the plate at the table not while cooking

have never tried south Indian rajma chawal .
we add malai (warm milk) to the plate at the table not while cooking
South Indians do not prepare north dishes that well, and same goes for North Indians, who do not do any justice to South Indian food.

Next time I am home, I will try eating Rajma Chawal your way with warm milk :-)

Turks are known to be founders of empires in history :D that's why we still believe one day we will again be the conquerors of the world (world as in where things and places matter) :D

When I look through your dishes I find many similarities with Turkish (Ottoman) cuisine, even many of the dishes names originates from Turkish language afaic - as a matter of fact Urdu being the army (ordu) language.
I believe Pakistanis would stand by Turks during such conquest as the Muslims of South Asia were great supporters of the Ottomon Khalifah. Moguls who ruled South Asia were of Turko Mongol heritage with a touch of Persian. There certainly is a strong historic link between the Ottomon Empire Turan and South Asia.

South Indians do not prepare north dishes that well, and same goes for North Indians, who do not do any justice to South Indian food.

Next time I am home, I will try eating Rajma Chawal your way with warm milk :-)
isnt Lobia another name for Rajma (red kidney beans)?

I believe Pakistanis would stand by Turks during such conquest as the Muslims of South Asia were great supporters of the Ottomon Khalifah. Moguls who ruled South Asia were of Turko Mongol heritage with a touch of Persian. There certainly is a strong historic link between the Ottomon Empire Turan and South Asia.
In fact, the countries we Türks count mostly on is Pakistan and Azerbaijan.

Good to hear , this type of news is now coming everyother month and is positive development ,i agree witha poster its our duty to spread soft image of Pakistan ..post pics of Pakistan on whatever platform you can .. ..most of the world either consider us Arabs or Indians ..we need to spread the word and culture Pakistani ...:pakistan:

Wouldn't mind travelling through Rajasthan and area, have read that they've got some good local food.
Whats your problem with south? :confused:

Rajasthan ranks top in my list of fav places. The people and their innocence makes a lot difference. Ofcourse you get good vegetarian food too. :)

Haha:) In Pakistan we are proud of our Turkic history. Partly because a large amount of our population has linage that is Turkic. This also explains why a lot of Pakistani's love Turkey:) I wouldn't be surprised if you were to conquer the world again:) Turks have been pioneers in science, warfare, maths, literature..the lists can go on:)

Our cuisine is heavily influenced by Central Asia, however, it depends on which province you travel to. For example in Peshawar they don't use that much spice and one of my favorite dishes in the world is called namak goshat (salted lamb) Trust me this looks like a simple dish, however, its exceedingly tasty. Check out the video below. Urdu definitely as a language is influenced by Persian, Arabic and Turkic. Allama Iqbal was influenced by Sheikh Rumi's work.

I work in a 3 Star Hotel in Sialkot , 2 years as Guest Relations Manager and now Manager Human Resources. Its not a very big Hotel but we still get to host around 300 to 400 Foreigner guests in a month from various countries. And all of them feel very much safe in Pakistan , in-fact each of those foreigners have visited Pakistan more then once.
Even they say the Media says Bullshit about Pakistan but in reality conditions in here are far more secure.
Note:. There are 12, 3 Star Hotels and 4 , 4&5 Star hotels in Sialkot. So you can do the rest of Math by yourself.

Back
Top Bottom