What's new

There Was No Reason To Go For Only 8 New F16's:-----

as for the Next generation he was talking about 5th Generation jets in east we can see J-31 (not ready yet) and T-50 (India is getting them) and South Korean (Design Phase) and in West there is F-22 (out of Question) F-35 ( expensive) Turkish (TAI TFX) only in design phase

And i think that PAF might be in that much hurry for 5th Gen aircraft as we have got time wrt India.T-50 and AMCA both are quite far away from induction and till that time J-31 would surely have become quite mature and tested.

In my humble view PAF wanted to cash on the clause that Pakistan can buy 18 more F-16s in addition to 80 Block-52s (The number decreased to 18 due to Earthquake 2005 and other financial constraints). The same clause is expiring soon and PAF wanted to make best use of it and ordered 8 of the them to augment already present 18. Now question arises about heavies and twin engine ones. So had PAF not been interested in heavies like SU-35 and J-31 then it would have surely ordered 18 or even more as we had bought only 18 out of authorized 80. 18 plus 8 makes 26. So it means that we have now got two complete separate Squadrons of Block-52s with each Squadron having 13 of them. And this also means that these are the last of Block-52s or higher for PAF as if at all they would like to go for another Block -52 or highers ones purchase then they had to wait for the new President of USA and new congress members etc etc. Which only means 3 plus years more wait and that PAF can never afford.
PAF is still on track after heavies like SU-35 or any Chinese Twin Engine ones and that is evident from CAS statement that we looking both East and West for next Gen Aircraft.

PAF is looking for a next generation fighter in both, east and west - ACM Sohail Aman

His words are enough to prove that these 8 are just augmenters and had PAF gone for higher numbers then it would surely have meant bye bye to SU-35s and others.

So we wait till we hear some good news about heavies.
It was my humble view to which seniors can add more.
That's the closest post showing the real reasons behind covert PAF think tanks .
Its a super post !

And i think that PAF might be in that much hurry for 5th Gen aircraft as we have got time wrt India.T-50 and AMCA both are quite far away from induction and till that time J-31 would surely have become quite mature and tested.
J-31 is a concept more then a flying machine for at least 5 more years to go ?
I think , our military establishment is on offensive post musharaf era ?
They won't wait what , India is going to get cause we knew already what their deals are ?
So this time we will be going for a matured heavy fighter like SU*35 , which will be delivered sooner then what India might get ?
& its about time that we should stop waiting what our enemy will do next ?
We knew what it has prepared for our dinner , so we should prepare a heavy breakfast before that dinner for our enemy ?

Did any one watch Sartaj aziz press conference just now? He was asked about defnce procurements from US. And abt f 16s ..he said tht f 16s are on the table, and helicopters (as we already know) BUT he said there are lot more things also.. He said i dont have the defence attache right now with me, otherwise he could brief u on detail.. So he was basically saying tht there arrmany more items on he table... Some reporter asked abt Gen Raheel sharif's visit.. He said tht there are lot to discuss..many items have been discusse by us, and then details will be talked in raheel sharif's visit, he also talked abt procurements with regards to COAS visit.. So the fact tht he said tht there is a lot on defence cooperation..i am wondering what those defence items would be, which are being discussed between both countries?

Last edited:
8 are good numbers man some countries have not even total 8 fighter jets in their airforces :p:

Hi,

This news about placing the order of 8 new F 16's came as a surprise from nowhere---. It was not 18---it was not 28---it was not 36----it was not 48---but it was 8 F16's---.

Was this some kind of a joke that the PAF hierarchy is playing on the public of Pakistan. What is the purpose behind the purchase of these 8 aircraft---. If the air force is so confident in the F 16---then why did it not go for another 2 to 3 sqdrn's.

For some strange reason the Pakistani air force is missing at what aircraft is the real need of Pakistan----.

Pakistan air force needs to understand that it is not its needs and desires that need to be met----it is the strategic need of what is important for Pakistan that needs to be acquired and not the other way around---.

The strategic need for Pakistan is a twin engine heavy air superiority and strike aircraft-----that has a loiter time of around 4 + hours---has air to air refueling capabilities or buddy refueling capabilities----and has a strike radius of at least 2000 miles---.

40 years ago----Paf had dedicated bomber aircraft in its fleet----even 33 years ago---they had the bombers----now for some strange reason---this bomber fleet has totally disappeared from the PAF manifest and replaced by smaller aircraft---. Even though these aircraft are very efficient and can carry the load of the 40 old aircraft----but then in comparison---the current day heavies strike aircraft can carry 3---10 times the weight of those bombers.

The PAF air chief needs to come out in the open and talk publicly the reason behind this purchase---because the new F16's don't bring anything new to the table.

The focus should have been on a twin engine like the J11D---The SU35---the Eurofighter. This procurement s just like throwing a monkey wrench into the gears.

8 new F16 bring nothing to the table----they do not change anything in the arena----and neither would 16 f16's either---. But if it were 16 J11's or 16 SU35's----that would start to change the game in the arena---.

The primary procurement at this time should have been a heavy air superiority strike fighter aircraft---and not the lightweight F16.

After quite some time I am seeing ur post without u advocating for JH7b in it. :p
And how come no one ever mentions F15 . I mean chances of US giving us F15 are as thin as F18 . So, Y not dream about the eagle . A proper jet concieved to be a bird of prey. Which can also be a surface bomber if needed. I m in not in support of us getting any of the flanker family. Our rivals know this flanker stuff like back of their hand. And our mind is not yet free to think big enough to design & assemble ourself a jet.

150 JF-17 is planned 50 Block I 50 Block II and 50 Block III so far so are these gonna replace 250? is Pakistan reducing it's Airforce here?
150 of jets will be block 3 while 100 block 2
these blk 1 would brought on par with blk 2
paf will not reduce but the remaining jets which is around 60 jets there will be a question left whether paf might procure heavies or light aircraft
paf should procure j11 d or su 35

150 of jets will be block 3 while 100 block 2
these blk 1 would brought on par with blk 2
paf will not reduce but the remaining jets which is around 60 jets there will be a question left whether paf might procure heavies or light aircraft
paf should procure j11 d or su 35

:woot::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

had hogai wese can you show me the source of 150 Block III and 100 Block II??

:woot::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

had hogai wese can you show me the source of 150 Block III and 100 Block II??

These are pure speculation based on media reports.

150 is more realist than 300.
50 Jf-17 block 1 [2007-2014 (These will be eventually be upgraded to block 2)
50 jf-17 block 2 [2014-2016] (These will be eventually be upgraded block 2B)
50 jf-17 block 3 [2017-2017]
Total 150.

These are pure speculation based on media reports.

150 is more realist than 300.
50 Jf-17 block 1 [2007-2014 (These will be eventually be upgraded to block 2)
50 jf-17 block 2 [2014-2016] (These will be eventually be upgraded block 2B)
50 jf-17 block 3 [2017-2017]
Total 150.

i know About JF-17 150 planned but where it says PAF would have 150 Block III and 100 Block II - 250 JF-17

Look again what he wrote there 150 will be Block 3 while 100 Block 2

I think these 8 F16 are same which paf was given an option by us to buy additional f16 when Block 52+ deal was finalized since Block 52+ is not in production or is lil less advanced they offered a better version and maybe paf upgrade current 52+ to this new standards.

AoA
More of a political value. US is doing a lot to make Nawaz visit a success. They added Kashmir in the statement and now these F-16s. Fishy situation.
Regards

Hi,

I believe the U S got shocked by the Pakistani media's strong and vociferous language about this trip----. I am pretty sure the nuc agenda was on list---but then seeing Pakistani media and public's mood---the U S realized that if they pushed with that agenda----there is a good chance that by the time Nawaz Shareef got to Pakistan---people will be out o the roads to kick him out of office.

So---they changed their tune----and also afg----stuck like a fishbone in the throat of the U S----.

I believe the U S got shocked by the Pakistani media's strong and vociferous language about this trip

May be the ISI Chief's visit had something to do with it? There is still the COAS visit to come. Who cares about what Pakistani media say unless it is blessed by angels?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom