What's new

There Was No Reason To Go For Only 8 New F16's:-----

After quite some time I am seeing ur post without u advocating for JH7b in it. :p
And how come no one ever mentions F15 . I mean chances of US giving us F15 are as thin as F18 . So, Y not dream about the eagle . A proper jet concieved to be a bird of prey. Which can also be a surface bomber if needed. I m in not in support of us getting any of the flanker family. Our rivals know this flanker stuff like back of their hand. And our mind is not yet free to think big enough to design & assemble ourself a jet.

Hi,

You got me there----.. The issue over here is that the next election is very close and who will be the next U S president and what his attitude towards Pakistan be is a question mark.

The reason for going with the Chinese JH7B is for the fact that we will get each and every front line weapons, electronics package and all the goodies that the Chinese have.

So---the F15 does not cut it for us. Because we are going t be limited with the weapons package etc etc etc.

Now the same thing goes with the Russian SU35-----there is no carte blanche for all the Chinese weapons to be integrated with the SU35----. The Russians would sell us their own weapons and electronic warfare package.

As our current JF 17 aircraft would be using primarily all Chinese options----we would want the next heavy aircraft to use the equipment out of the same supply room---.

The complete weapons package of the JF 17 is totally awesome for an aircraft its size---- . There is no other single engine aircraft in the world that can be loaded up with such a wide variety of deep strike weapons----like C802---CM400----Raad---SD10 bvr missile and other goodies---but its limitation is its size----.

So pakistan will have to go back to the Chinese super market one more time.

May be the ISI Chief's visit had something to do with it? There is still the COAS visit to come. Who cares about what Pakistani media say unless it is blessed by angels?

Hi,

It is not as simple as that---. Pakistani media still has control over the pulse of the nation---. They will rile up the public and start a riot-----.

They have learnt from the best---the American media. Don't under estimate the power of the Pakistani news channels.

I am past the age of being tickled by compliments but thank you for being most kind with your compliment.

Tickling with Compliment?:rofl:

Why should I give compliment to you ?
Look at your post once again by yourselves .

As far as I can understand ... We have around 350 Jets in total (Mirage III / V and F-7P) to be replaced in coming Decade, as Much as AF & Fellow Nations would want to go for Newer Planes / Platforms .. Given the economic situation, it is next to Impossible (don't count the chickens until they are Hatched; CPEC and All) ....

Hence PAF could be of Opinion to following the Same Pathway it adopted with Mirage Shopping .... A Lot of Countries would Soon be relinquishing thr F-16s in Favor of F-35 (needless to mention alot of USAF advance F-16s).

PAF can continue Building JF-17 to replace 200-250 out of existing soon to be outdated fleet (Mainly F-7P) !
Whereas can Shop for additional 100 Second Hand F-16s (Hopefully F-16 C/D) to replace the Mirage Fleet .. Whereas compliment it with Latest Model Newly Built F-16s 18 from the Option we had since 2006 & 8 from the current Offer ... (The New ones are required to be bought in order to keep the Lines Open for the Buy of Second Hands without any Hindrances from US Gov.)

this in turn will definitely give a Significant Boost to existing Fleet with not THAT much of cost .... Infrastructure (O&M) is already available, Training (Pilot) is there & New Ones can Handle All Aircraft under use of IAF !!! So these 8 F-16 could be just to make sure gates remain Open for New & Old F-16 coming from USAF & other Air forces ! thr are 1,000s of F-16 ,... Sure we can find a 100 which can be used for Next 20 Years ....

Additionally In order to Patrol the Coast & Extended EEZ & not so Deep Penetration strikes crossing the Border, All PAF would need to do is Buy TWO Squadron of Any Twin Jet Fighter Platform it can Get from Either Russia or China Quite a few Named already above by Many.

PAF with 250-300 JF-17, 200-250 F-16 & Two Squadrons of SU-35 / J-11 / J-16 will be More than Able to Defend its Border & conduct Offensive Sorties behind Enemy Lines (Ofcourse Not Delhi or Mumbai) but atleast Against Advancing Indian Naval Forces in IOR and near Border SAM and Infrastructure Sites (AirBases, Army Bases in Border Punjab, IOK, Rajhistan), (Until 5th Gen Stealth become a Norm in Subcontinent Region)

Afterwards it needs to be seen how Mature the 5th Generation Stealth Technology and counter defense develops ... If one took over another the Stealth Technology or Radar ... the Air-warfare would need an Overhaul and NO 4th Gen Fighter No Matter how Advance could be of any help !!! (If u can't see an Incoming F-22 which can read u well in advance .. thn whether U have a JF-17 or F-16 or Rafale, U CAN"T See) !

May be the ISI Chief's visit had something to do with it? There is still the COAS visit to come. Who cares about what Pakistani media say unless it is blessed by angels?
Or the american population sees it. Or are you suggdsting that those are the angels
A

Or the american population sees it. Or are you suggdsting that those are the angels
A

There live only devils in the Land of the Great Satan, Sir. The Land of the Pure has the angels. :D

Back to the topic, the PAF carries on its policy of adding to the tried-and-true platforms like the F-16 while also developing newer platforms like the JF-17. Not a bad policy, given the constraints the PAF must work under.

-31 is a concept more then a flying machine for at least 5 more years to go ?
I think , our military establishment is on offensive post musharaf era ?
They won't wait what , India is going to get cause we knew already what their deals are ?
So this time we will be going for a matured heavy fighter like SU*35 , which will be delivered sooner then what India might get ?
& its about time that we should stop waiting what our enemy will do next ?
We knew what it has prepared for our dinner , so we should prepare a heavy breakfast before that dinner for our enemy ?

Sir there is no doubt about that and we should not be just IAF centric rather we should go for what we need and what is necessity. Referring to delays in IAF's 5 Gen aircraft induction i wanted to point out at the cushion level which PAF has which bars it from hurriedly go for any of the aircraft to counter IAF. SU-35s are suppose to come and PAF should go for them asap as its not that U get the aircrfat and employ it the very next day. Training/Ope-rationalization of course do take time and one can never hurry with these two as these are the two most sensitive areas of a new aircraft induction.

Sir there is no doubt about that and we should not be just IAF centric rather we should go for what we need and what is necessity. Referring to delays in IAF's 5 Gen aircraft induction i wanted to point out at the cushion level which PAF has which bars it from hurriedly go for any of the aircraft to counter IAF. SU-35s are suppose to come and PAF should go for them asap as its not that U get the aircrfat and employ it the very next day. Training/Ope-rationalization of course do take time and one can never hurry with these two as these are the two most sensitive areas of a new aircraft induction.
Sure training & technical know how will take its time but remember in 80s , it took just 6 months to our pilots & tech staff to become use too , of then newly inducted F-16S ?
so our track record on that is good , no worries .

There live only devils in the Land of the Great Satan, Sir. The Land of the Pure has the angels. :D

Back to the topic, the PAF carries on its policy of adding to the tried-and-true platforms like the F-16 while also developing newer platforms like the JF-17. Not a bad policy, given the constraints the PAF must work under.
The land of the pure is the biggest fallacy of our times. More rubbish resides there then my local rubbish bin. However I live in hope of the recycling movement.As to the land of the great satan the people are simple and honsst but the politicians are anything but!!!
Back to the topic at hand whatever it was!

Hi,

This news about placing the order of 8 new F 16's came as a surprise from nowhere---. It was not 18---it was not 28---it was not 36----it was not 48---but it was 8 F16's---.

Was this some kind of a joke that the PAF hierarchy is playing on the public of Pakistan. What is the purpose behind the purchase of these 8 aircraft---. If the air force is so confident in the F 16---then why did it not go for another 2 to 3 sqdrn's.

For some strange reason the Pakistani air force is missing at what aircraft is the real need of Pakistan----.

Pakistan air force needs to understand that it is not its needs and desires that need to be met----it is the strategic need of what is important for Pakistan that needs to be acquired and not the other way around---.

The strategic need for Pakistan is a twin engine heavy air superiority and strike aircraft-----that has a loiter time of around 4 + hours---has air to air refueling capabilities or buddy refueling capabilities----and has a strike radius of at least 2000 miles---.

40 years ago----Paf had dedicated bomber aircraft in its fleet----even 33 years ago---they had the bombers----now for some strange reason---this bomber fleet has totally disappeared from the PAF manifest and replaced by smaller aircraft---. Even though these aircraft are very efficient and can carry the load of the 40 old aircraft----but then in comparison---the current day heavies strike aircraft can carry 3---10 times the weight of those bombers.

The PAF air chief needs to come out in the open and talk publicly the reason behind this purchase---because the new F16's don't bring anything new to the table.

The focus should have been on a twin engine like the J11D---The SU35---the Eurofighter. This procurement s just like throwing a monkey wrench into the gears.

8 new F16 bring nothing to the table----they do not change anything in the arena----and neither would 16 f16's either---. But if it were 16 J11's or 16 SU35's----that would start to change the game in the arena---.

The primary procurement at this time should have been a heavy air superiority strike fighter aircraft---and not the lightweight F16.

Maybe we are milking America dry before we move on to change alliances and get what you are asking from Russia later...:azn:

If I was thinking of Pakistan, the real deal will be to get full rights to build F16s and JF-17s in Pakistan with full ToT. Absorb this and build a fighter designed within Pakistan and built with Chinese help (and not the other way around). This may take a decade, 2 decades or more but self reliance is the most important lesson war teaches. India has learnt it the hard way but Pakistan hasn't. Good for India! Shhhhh....

@MastanKhan,

Sir, let me be devil's advocate here and support purchase of 8 block-60 if it is block-60. Operating 8 copies of latest F-16 would help Pakistan improve JF-17 block-III. I learned from an interview of ex-PAF official that by operating block-52, Pakistan learned a lot and established new benchmarks of performance which went into the improvement of JF-17.

Otherwise, 8 jets add no punch and do not change balance of power neither on the paper nor in the sky. Like you and I, PAF would have seen that.

Last edited:
is this something like we are using option of our old 18 Block-52 and in addition to that we are buying 8 new F-16's? in that way our total number of our F-16 becomes 44?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom