What's new

The world tallest building to be

loll saudi arabia went bankrupt last year and begged for a bailout from west and neighbours. these idiots dont relaize that even the current tallest building in 99% empty and no one is ready to buy ther. y build another ghost building to show we r richh and crazy sheikhs. build something that is profitable.

wth? we Indians are so much poorer than the Saudis and so are the Chinese. If the Chinese can build and the Indians want to build, why not the Saudis? I just hope it doesn't turn up unoccupied like Burj Kalifa.

Kingdom Holding also announced that developer Saudi Bin Laden Group has bought a 16.63 percent stake in the project for SAR1.5bn (US$400m).
Hope some body don't want to take his grudge against a certain Bin Laden and attack this Building for revenge.

but about investment , these buildings are very expensive to build and also very expensive to maintain I wonder what will happen to the investors if nobody want to go into this building ,after all this building is like advertising a small new city ,its very hard to convince offices to move into it.

Kingdom Holding also announced that developer Saudi Bin Laden Group has bought a 16.63 percent stake in the project for SAR1.5bn (US$400m).
Hope some body don't want to take his grudge against a certain Bin Laden and attack this Building for revenge.

but about investment , these buildings are very expensive to build and also very expensive to maintain I wonder what will happen to the investors if nobody want to go into this building ,after all this building is like advertising a small new city ,its very hard to convince offices to move into it.

Sorry for bit off topic post so no need to rely back

I don't understand the logic of Arabs always wanting to be the best purchasers. Look at Europe... in London there is hardly any building above 250 meters. Look at France... Same... Look at Germany... same

But still they are known as few of the world's most advanced countries. They don't have anything to show off... There is hardly in these countries that you can say is the best in the world and yet they are very strong. Why can't Arabs have a craze of rising quality of their institutions, education, health etc before they start making tallest buildings, bridges, hotels and so on..

You don't become advanced by having beautiful streets, tallest buildings or Seven star hotels. These things comes automatically if you rise in science and technology, quality of life style, education and stronger economy. Arabs are simply awarding contracts to European companies to let them build tall buildings and let them portray Arabs as a different nation opposing to the reality.My personal opinion only

what do u mean is the reality??
arabs are rich, governed by a sane leaders and they get what they want. they r wasting money in buildings because they want to develop a tourism industry bigger than any other.

arabs are not just building but are also making new unis which are ranked in top of world. they have the biggest muslim economy and most oil. their literacy rate is also high. what u said in ur post, arabs have all of that.

the only fear i have is the bubble that could burst.

I don't understand the logic of Arabs always wanting to be the best purchasers. Look at Europe... in London there is hardly any building above 250 meters. Look at France... Same... Look at Germany... same

But still they are known as few of the world's most advanced countries. They don't have anything to show off... There is hardly in these countries that you can say is the best in the world and yet they are very strong. Why can't Arabs have a craze of rising quality of their institutions, education, health etc before they start making tallest buildings, bridges, hotels and so on..

You don't become advanced by having beautiful streets, tallest buildings or Seven star hotels. These things comes automatically if you rise in science and technology, quality of life style, education and stronger economy. Arabs are simply awarding contracts to European companies to let them build tall buildings and let them portray Arabs as a different nation opposing to the reality.

My personal opinion only

Well, western Europe doesn't need to prove the world anything. They are happy with their image. And they also don't want to ruin the classical skyline of their cities with tall buildings. The US went through this phase of building for pride in the 30's and 40's. it is West and East Asia's turn now.

You don't become advanced by having beautiful streets, tallest buildings or Seven star hotels. These things comes automatically if you rise in science and technology, quality of life style, education and stronger economy. Arabs are simply awarding contracts to European companies to let them build tall buildings and let them portray Arabs as a different nation opposing to the reality.

My personal opinion only

I highly appreciate your opinion. Nevertheless, they actually pay attention to industry, education, business...etc more than building tall buildings or anything else. The largest portion of GCC countries' budgets especially KSA go for education and industry development.
Plz, take a look:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/163146-ksa-first-world.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/163146-ksa-first-world.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/168684-saudi-scientist-discovers-two-new-genes-related-breast-cancer.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/167331-ksu-team-makes-world-s-first-artificial-ear-implant.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/166994-female-saudi-researcher-developing-mobile-mri-scanner.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/166895-uae-caracal-unveils-cc10-9mm-carbine.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/163054-saudi-dentist-invents-new-dental-surgery-technique.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/156105-lamah-saudi-made-secure-data-link-system.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/155760-50-000-saudis-graduate-top-500-universities-2020-a.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/141766-joint-uae-ukranian-helicopter-project-quest.html

Arab countries never feel satisfaction after Dubai tall building which completed years ago, now other country to compete it for the tall buildings. :disagree:

Come on, look at many problems yourself!

what do u mean is the reality??
arabs are rich, governed by a sane leaders and they get what they want. they r wasting money in buildings because they want to develop a tourism industry bigger than any other.

arabs are not just building but are also making new unis which are ranked in top of world. they have the biggest muslim economy and most oil. their literacy rate is also high. what u said in ur post, arabs have all of that.

the only fear i have is the bubble that could burst.
The amount of natural wealth these Arab nations enjoy... Anything below being a super power or the subcontinental power is shame. Same is for Iran and other oil rich countries. These nations does not have any industrial infrastructure and only running their country by exporting oil

PS: Dubai is an exception as they have done a great job in attracting tourism as an alternative after their oil will run out soon.
Well, western Europe doesn't need to prove the world anything. They are happy with their image. And they also don't want to ruin the classical skyline of their cities with tall buildings. The US went through this phase of building for pride in the 30's and 40's. it is West and East Asia's turn now.
Well first of all, most of the countries in Europe are very small so it is logical to construct tall buildings here but they still did not want to damage the environment by building tall buildings. France took a wise step by allocating the entire town of La Defense in Paris for tall buildings and constructed 95% of it's tall buildings at one place and kept rest of the city wide and open. But even there no building is larger than 250 meter as they find illogical to construct tall buildings when the medium sized building is already doing a great job.

Check out the future projects of sky scrappers in Europe and you will notice none of the country have craze to build tall buildings for the next 10-15 years at least. Only 300 meters is the next target for couple of projects. Saudi Arabia is a big big country with low population density, they should be spending this money in building architectural buildings close to their Arab culture and try to promote their own culture instead of throwing away contracts to European and Chinese companies to make-up/paint their cities by these buildings and seven star hotels.

KSA, with their wealth should carve out a river in their country. It would be great for agriculture.

The amount of natural wealth these Arab nations enjoy... Anything below being a super power or the subcontinental power is shame. Same is for Iran and other oil rich countries. These nations does not have any industrial infrastructure and only running their country by exporting oil

PS: Dubai is an exception as they have done a great job in attracting tourism as an alternative after their oil will run out soon.

dude i dont know but ppl find pakistani views on economy and develpment kindaa wierd. pakistanis should distribute money to poor to eridicate poverty, i hope u finally achieve that before 3000 ad.

they have a very developed oil industry and now they r investing in real estate. moreover just like cities saudi education system is now also becoming world class. i guess saudi economists know how to run their economy much better than pakistanis and it is quite visible.
more over saudi arabia neither have the capability nor a plan to be a dominant power. they dont even have a good army. saudi arabia is today one of the richest countries increasing industry will be very hard for them infact impossible. the only aim of a sheikhs is to see their cities from as high as they can. they actually have a competition going that which sheikh reached more high.

Well first of all, most of the countries in Europe are very small so it is logical to construct tall buildings here but they still did not want to damage the environment by building tall buildings. France took a wise step by allocating the entire town of La Defense in Paris for tall buildings and constructed 95% of it's tall buildings at one place and kept rest of the city wide and open. But even there no building is larger than 250 meter as they find illogical to construct tall buildings when the medium sized building is already doing a great job.

Check out the future projects of sky scrappers in Europe and you will notice none of the country have craze to build tall buildings for the next 10-15 years at least. Only 300 meters is the next target for couple of projects. Saudi Arabia is a big big country with low population density, they should be spending this money in building architectural buildings close to their Arab culture and try to promote their own culture instead of throwing away contracts to European and Chinese companies to make-up/paint their cities by these buildings and seven star hotels.

My brother, there are only four skyscrapers in KSA including this one. Afterall, it's not the gov who builds those but rather private ultra-rich Saudi investors. But Mecca is an exception of course, there are building high buildings to accommodate the increasing numbers of pilgrims in such a small area. Somehow, I agree with you but I like tall buildings, they are awesome:tup:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom