What's new

The world tallest building to be

Building tall can make sense in situations such as confined areas of a city where land is scarce. But that is not the case in SA where land availability is almost unlimited. So what's the need of spending a fortune on building the tallest structures in the world?

I think that's because the Saudi Sheiks literally want to get a high! (pun unintended!)

Its just a chance for the Saudi engineers to show their engineering talent. Like the Taiwanese building Tapei 101, or Japanese building the Akashi bridge.

Good luck!

Such waste. KSA receives millions of pilgrims every year from all over the world. Instead of building skycrapers like these they should start thinking about constructing high speed rail. As one said, the oil won't last forever, until only 2030. Imagine a high speed rail between Medina, Jiddah, Mekkah and Riyadh. It is imperative that KSA conserves its oil and start driving less monster oil drinkers.
I'm sure China could assist KSA in high speed trains, so could Turkey.

^ There is reason for building these sky scrapers. I think they do know what to develop. HSR should be on table on other hand.

Such waste. KSA receives millions of pilgrims every year from all over the world. Instead of building skycrapers like these they should start thinking about constructing high speed rail. As one said, the oil won't last forever, until only 2030. Imagine a high speed rail between Medina, Jiddah, Mekkah and Riyadh. It is imperative that KSA conserves its oil and start driving less monster oil drinkers.
I'm sure China could assist KSA in high speed trains, so could Turkey.

I believe KSA is already working on a rail network.

Building tall can make sense in situations such as confined areas of a city where land is scarce. But that is not the case in SA where land availability is almost unlimited. So what's the need of spending a fortune on building the tallest structures in the world?

I think that's because the Saudi Sheiks literally want to get a high! (pun unintended!)
Dude Its a private project meant for profit period.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom