What's new

The world tallest building to be

who has the money to go and live in these sort of buildings ? a Multibillionaire ? the ones who can afford suchh buildings rather have their own Villas

I am advocating low cost housing in skyscrappers not multi million apartments.

What will be the purpose of just building one of the tallest building just for tourist attraction. The government should at least make sure that the space in the building will be made use of otherwise it will just be a huge problem just to maintain the building.

To any of our Saudi friends know, if the floors in the building are actually sold before the construction like reservation, or is everything done afterwards?

The primary purpose is real estate - leasing out the office space to companies or hotels. The tourism adds to the revenue.

Here is a building designed by Western Engineers and Architects and will be build by South Asian Laborers in Slave like conditions.

Where is the Arab and Saudi contribution?

World's tallest building finished in 2017, says Alwaleed

an3m1.com_27d3c301eb1.jpg

an3m1.com_27d3c301eb2.jpg

an3m1.com_27d3c301eb3.jpg

Jeddah's Kingdom Tower, set to become the world’s tallest building, will be completed midway through 2017, according to the chairman of one of the major shareholders in the project.
In a statement today, Kingdom Holding's HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal said that the 1,000m high skyscraper in the Red Sea port city would be finished “in 63 months”.

Kingdom Holding also announced that developer Saudi Bin Laden Group has bought a 16.63 percent stake in the project for SAR1.5bn (US$400m).
Prince Alwaleed’s Kingdom Holding has a 33.35 percent stake in Jeddah Economic Company, the firm set up to build the Kingdom Tower project.

The other shareholders are Abraar International Holding Company, also with 33.35 percent, and Jeddah businessman Abdulrahman Hassan Sharbatly with 16.67 percent.
Kingdom Holding said today that the final license from Jeddah municipality to build the Kingdom Tower was formally received on February 19.
The mixed use development will have a total construction area of more than 500,000 sqm and will house a Four Seasons hotel, serviced apartments, office space, luxury condominiums and the world’s highest observation deck.
Kingdom Tower will form part of the wider Kingdom City project, a 56m sq ft, SAR75bn development which will include a number of other residential and commercial buildings.
On completion, Kingdom Tower will trump Dubai's 830m Burj Khalifa to become the tallest free-standing structure in the world.
It may not hold the record for long however, with an Azerbaijani firm recently announcing plans to build a 1,030m structure in the Caspian Sea nation's capital Baku.

World's tallest building finished in 2017, says Alwaleed - Construction - ArabianBusiness.com

Great. Nice to see KSA progressing. :tup:

today i showed my servant's boy, dubai skyline and railway station and all in my laptop, he was so amazed and thought its some alien world and didnt even believe me and went right away!!...there are so many fateless people in the world i want to help...its their fuking luck which made them take birth there, is god testing us by giving a big difference in religion,the way we live,worship and wealth among people??...i feel really really sorry and bad:cry:...god, bless everyone......anyways best of luck saudi:tup:

Just one question: why?
Brings to mind the ayah about Barefoot shepherds some say arab beduins erecting sky scrapers/tall buildings into the sky.
I cant possibly see why these huge amounts should be spent on these disgusting status symbols rather than developing their nations or at least from a business point of view do more reasonable investments in technology, infrastrucuture and production.
One little conflict/war and these will be nothing but empty and expensive glass and steel buildings in the middle of the desert.
In arabic this is called "batar"

good job,I think the work force in gulf countries are mostly indian and this project will benefits to all the person who are indulged in completing this building.And no doubt will increase the level of brand soudi arabia.....

Nice, now imagine someone else tries to builder a bigger one after this one. As they say, skies the limit.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom