What's new

The world tallest building to be

Gaddafi was a man with a vision and goals.

gaddafi - lets not talk about him

this is not just waste & show of wealth, infact it is an absolute disgrace, wtf are the gonna do with these tall buildings?

zaki was quite right when he said, with the amount of wealth GCC has, anything less than a super power is a disgrace.

i'm not impressed they just build for the sake of it and for outdoing each other it not for any real purpose arabs are compensating for something............

Sorry for bit off topic post so no need to rely back

I don't understand the logic of Arabs always wanting to be the best purchasers. Look at Europe... in London there is hardly any building above 250 meters. Look at France... Same... Look at Germany... same

But still they are known as few of the world's most advanced countries. They don't have anything to show off... There is hardly in these countries that you can say is the best in the world and yet they are very strong. Why can't Arabs have a craze of rising quality of their institutions, education, health etc before they start making tallest buildings, bridges, hotels and so on..

You don't become advanced by having beautiful streets, tallest buildings or Seven star hotels. These things comes automatically if you rise in science and technology, quality of life style, education and stronger economy. Arabs are simply awarding contracts to European companies to let them build tall buildings and let them portray Arabs as a different nation opposing to the reality.

Take an example of Saudi Arabia, why they need this building when they are 3x larger than Pakistan by land and 6x smaller than Pakistan in terms of population. Why they need such buildings when their population density is already so slow?

My personal opinion only
Unfortunately, very true. While there's nothing wrong with building this tower, after all most definitely the investors did CBA and found out its safe/ profitable enough to go along with the project.
That being said, the GCC and especially S.Arabia are on a dangerous path. while our oil reserves are estimated to contain enough oil till 2050, with current economic expansion by 2030 ALL of our oil will be for internal consumption. Meaning no oil exports!! Which will not only cause an economic catastrophe but will mean a complete collapse of our economy. Manufacturing diversification is THE most pressing issue our country faces. With the recent military spending spree, we can be sure about security for at least 15-20 years and now Must focus on manufacturing infrastructure.

Holy cow that's huge!!!! They got the money, go for it :tup: as for poverty, every country has poverty, that doesn't mean that people should stop building, just think about the numbers of people this thing would employ

Though I agree with Razpak that it is a d*** measuring contest, I think being the tallest building, it can be a tourist attraction and the tickets charged can be kept ridiculously high like in CN towers in Toronto and Empire state building.

Though I agree with Razpak that it is a d*** measuring contest, I think being the tallest building, it can be a tourist attraction and the tickets charged can be kept ridiculously high like in CN towers in Toronto and Empire state building.

What will be the purpose of just building one of the tallest building just for tourist attraction. The government should at least make sure that the space in the building will be made use of otherwise it will just be a huge problem just to maintain the building.

To any of our Saudi friends know, if the floors in the building are actually sold before the construction like reservation, or is everything done afterwards?

No offense mate, I get the idea of building taller and taller buildings but, why build one when there is problem filling the current tallest building? I mean take it a little slow.

Burj Khalifa is completely sold out from the developer. Of course there is an occupancy problem as most of the buyers were investors who wanted to rent it out or resell. But the developer made the money.

Waleed Bin Talal's project is a private project, not a government project. He is allowed to make money whether or not the final occupants come to Kingdom Tower or not.

Btw, Dubai already has a bigger building project known as the Harbor Tower. If this project is successful, the record will only get toppled by Dubai again.

KSA, with their wealth should carve out a river in their country. It would be great for agriculture.

From where they will bring the freshwater for the river.

On topic: India should take a leaf out of KSA and build such type of tall buildings in Indian mega cities like Mumbai. It will be a great solution to the housing problem.

On topic: India should take a leaf out of KSA and build such type of tall buildings in Indian mega cities like Mumbai. It will be a great solution to the housing problem.

From under the ground?

who has the money to go and live in these sort of buildings ? a Multibillionaire ? the ones who can afford suchh buildings rather have their own Villas

for KSA its useless to build a river , hot weather and dry envurinment evaporate all the water in an eye blink . they must learn from Libya , their great underground man made river was what KSA needs .

@Indian members:
It is there money they have full right to built what ever they want, stop giving them advises.
I think KSA is following UAE in this that is attracting more foreign tourist for shopping and having largest man made structure does help.
Look at Singapore the no of tourist visting is more than that of India. So it is a good investment any way good luck to them.

KSA, with their wealth should carve out a river in their country. It would be great for agriculture.
Honestly they do not need water for agriculture, with the amount of money they have they can easily buy what ever they want . Any way KSA if i am not wrong is shifting to knowledge based economy which is best thing for them.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom