What's new

The Vietnam Solution

Ultimately she will work out a compromise as her focus will be on the bigger global picture where she will want to be seen as a powerful yet a very responsible power.

However, she also has her dignity and sovereignty to protect. If she gives in on these demands she'll lose credibility at home and aboard. You might not know it from this forum, there are quite a few members within ASEAN are quietly on China side.

Don't forget VN occupies 40 islands, which is more than everyone else combined, you think the other claimants will just let it go by without a fight? Right now they are just letting China to do their dirty works and when the time come I'm sure they will put their 2 cents in.

China conquered by Mongolia, Manchus, Japan, Btritain... Chinese didn't feel any shameful when you chinese talking about it.

Every civilization has its glory and its fall, now look where is Egpty/Greece/Rome? But China is still there.

We had our glory and our defeat in the history, while we still have the gut to admit the truth.

However you Viets had always been the losers in the entire history, while you cowards don't even have the gut to admit the truth. :coffee:

However, she also has her dignity and sovereignty to protect.

Any outcome which China will accept/agree will not be a compromise on the dignity. But she might make a compromise landwise, if she sees that it will be a significant diplomatic gain - for example, she can project an image - I am powerful yet I am benevolent unlike other powers. But at the sametime, she will not compromise on the resource in SCS i.e gas/oil resource as it ensures her energy independence.

Vietnamese dispute with China is not cost-free. Victor gets to redraw map.

I want to mention the Vietnamese dispute with China over the South China Sea is not cost-free. Right now, the 1950s Chinese nine-dashed line map shows the midpoint between Chinese islands and the Vietnamese coastline as the territorial boundary.

After a Sino-Vietnam War, China may decide to claim all of the sea territory right up to 12 miles of the Vietnamese coast. You lose a war and the victor redraws the map.

Everyone civilization has its glory and its fall, now look where is Egpty/Greece/Rome? But China is still there.

We had our glory and our defeat in the history, while we have the gut to admit the truth.

However you Viets had always been the losers in the entire history, while you cowards don't even have the gut to admit the truth. :coffee:

China couldn't even resist the onslaught of Mongols, but the Yuan empire was defeated three times by Vietnamese when they sent troops to invade Vietnam

The Battle of Bạch Đằng, which took place at the Bach Dang River, near Ha Long Bay in present-day northern Vietnam, was a battle between Đại Việt and the invading army of the Yuan Dynasty. It's considered part of the Third Mongol Invasion (1287-88).
The Battle of Bạch Đằng went down as one of the greatest victories in Vietnamese military history and is a well-known event in Vietnam.
In 1959 during excavation works in Yen Giang commune, Vietnamese archaeologists found the sharpened stakes that were used during the campaign in 1288
Battle of B

Vietnamese dispute with China is not cost-free. Victor gets to redraw map.

I want to mention the Vietnamese dispute with China over the South China Sea is not cost-free. Right now, the 1950s Chinese nine-dashed line map shows the midpoint between Chinese islands and the Vietnamese coastline as the territorial boundary.

After a Sino-Vietnam War, China may decide to claim all of the sea territory right up to 12 miles of the Vietnamese coast. You lose a war and the victor redraws the map.

It's like Germany and Japan were desirable in the 1930s-1940s?

Using Russo-Georgian War example, annex 20% of eastern Vietnam

Look, I'm just waiting for a shooting war and for China to redraw the nine-dashed line map.

If China gets really ornery, we might annex 20% of Vietnam along the eastern coast. This way, you can't argue with us about your stupid coastline. You won't have one.

If Vietnam choose the military path, it only has defeat written all over it. Vietnam should choose diplomatic solutions instead of warmongering.

We never said that VN chose the military. All of our efforts is to address problems with diplomacy peacefully based on international law.
If all desirable that, all disputes will be resolved peacefully.

Using Russo-Georgian War example, annex 20% of eastern Vietnam

Look, I'm just waiting for a shooting war and for China to redraw the nine-dashed line map.

If China gets really ornery, we might annex 20% of Vietnam along the eastern coast. This way, you can't argue with us about your stupid coastline. You won't have one.

China could do that in the last century. But today, the 21st century, China must abide by the treaties which she has signed and they were approved by Chinese parliament, such as UNCLOS1982.

But it is better than a country never knew how to win on its own. :coffee:

With out victory of Soviet Union and USA chinese today are speaking Japanese as official language.

Everyone civilization has its glory and its fall, now look where is Egpty/Greece/Rome? But China is still there.

We had our glory and our defeat in the history, while we have the gut to admit the truth.

Aggressors invaded and ran away, it's truth.

If Vietnam choose the military path, it only has defeat written all over it. Vietnam should choose diplomatic solutions instead of warmongering.

Who is warmonger ? Chinese, no Viet.

We never said that VN chose the military. All of our efforts is to address problems with diplomacy peacefully based on international law.
If all desirable that, all disputes will be resolved peacefully.

China could do that in the last century. But today, the 21st century, China must abide by the treaties which she has signed and they were approved by Chinese parliament, such as UNCLOS1982.

I'm just saying that I'm looking forward to war as much as you Vietnamese guys.

During peacetime, borders don't move. After a war (like the five day war between Russia and Georgia), borders become very fluid and the winner can redraw it as they see fit.

I wouldn't mind China annexing 20% of Vietnam. Our country will only grow bigger and it will teach you guys an important lesson: not to mess with us. It will cost you dearly.

Here is the Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili when he realized the Russians were coming. Similary, your Vietnamese leadership will be very anxious after a real war starts. Talk is cheap. When the PLA comes for you idiots, you'll be eating ties too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom